Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

The bar is set pretty fucking high for Saturday night. Tonight was unreal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Aside from missing out on seeing The Perfect Drug on night 1 (FUCK! I sure hope they play it on night 3...), Tonight was amazing! I got the poster and the event specific shirt (though they were surprisingly still available pretty late into the night). I was blown away by the extremely unexpected debut of AATCHB! I recognized the beginning immediately and got the whole song recorded from my position in the center, three people from the rail. I can upload that later if peeps are interested in seeing it...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Aside from missing out on seeing The Perfect Drug on night 1 (FUCK! I sure hope they play it on night 3...), Tonight was amazing! I got the poster and the event specific shirt (though they were surprisingly still available pretty late into the night). I was blown away by the extremely unexpected debut of AATCHB! I recognized the beginning immediately and got the whole song recorded from my position in the center, three people from the rail. I can upload that later if peeps are interested in seeing it...
    I'll speak for everyone and say YES PLEASE we interested!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Please tell me somebody taped the show tonight. Cannot believe I was there

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Yes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There are moments in life when you’re asked to be a hero. . . I’m very proud to say that I carried the official recording rig into the show (in my pants) that recorded the live debut of AATCHB.
    Last edited by LexTron6K; 10-27-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    With all due respect to Thursday night, Friday was incredible. Had a better viewpoint for the show, which helped, but the setlist was out of this world great. It took me nine shows to see 'The Day the World Went Away', so I was already through the roof when that one started up.

Highlights:

- 'Somewhat Damaged' is always a treat.
    - Sin returns, and the lights during the song were awesome.
    - Year Zero trio of TBotE/Survivalism/The Great Destroyer
    - Burn, and the pulsing red backlight during the song. Awesome.
    - The Becoming. So heavy and so good.
    - The entire encore: HMIAIH, Happiness in Slavery, AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN (and Hurt)

Can't wait to see what tonight brings. Only three repeats so far.

Picture taken during 'TDTWWA'
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 10-27-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    With all due respect to Thursday night, Friday was incredible. Had a better viewpoint for the show, which helped, but the setlist was out of this world great. It took me nine shows to see 'The Day the World Went Away', so I was already through the roof when that one started up.
    Yeah, same here. Last night was also my ninth show and first time (finally!) seeing TDTWWA. What a fucking pleasure that was!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure how they can top Friday. I'm guessing that tonight we get Branches/Bones>Broken (no Wish last night, no Last or Suck either night and Suck is almost always played in Chicago). Hoping they stick to the limited repeats and we get Big Comedown, 1,000,000, I Do Not Want This, Background World and maybe another forgotten track off of The Fragile (Fragile or WITT).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    There are moments in life when you’re asked to be a hero. . . I’m very proud to say that I carried the official recording rig into the show (in my pants) that recorded the live debut of AATCHB.
    Cool. I can confirm one rig on night 1 and two other rigs on night 2.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I did as well. I was FOB and i dint see anybody else that seemed like they were taping as well.

Cant fucking belive Sin, And All That Could have Been, Happiness in fuckin' Slavery finally and The Becoming!

This was probably the best show ive ever seen, I was surprised how small the venue was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oct 26 2018
    Setlist
    Somewhat damaged
    The day the world went away
    The frail (100% for sure, NOT La Mer)
    The wretched
    The beginning of the end
    survivalism
    Piggy
    Burn
    Sin
    Closer
    The becoming
    The lovers
    The great destroyer
    Burning bright
    Only
    Head like a hole

Help me i am in hell
    Happiness in slavery
    And all that could have been
    Hurt
    Last edited by demo; 10-27-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

The load has been blown 🤯

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Holy. Shit.

I don’t know what to say, my first trip to the US has been incredible so far. I definitely enjoyed this show far more than yesterday, and the crowd around me was also more into it. One of the most solid setlists I’ve seen in a while. Regarding the opening bands, JMC is not exactly my thing and they’re a bit too loud but I really liked Death In Vegas tonight. Also, I FINALLY managed to exchange a few words with Brook Linder (the guy who’s been doing all the sick videos for NIN recently). I’m a huge fan of his work also outside the NIN stuff and he’s such a cool dude

Since my video of Sin was already posted, here’s AATCHB

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm finally about to crash, but I wanted to ask here in case anybody has one available - I'm putting together a little project with my stubs from this tour, but had digital tickets for tonight. So if anybody's got a ticket stub available for Friday that they don't feel like holding on to, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

Not much to say that hasn't already been said about tonight's show, though. Got to meet some awesome people, one being @nmitchell86 and his people before we split up to go to our spots for the night. (Thank you SO MUCH for the ticket hookup, and here in a few days I may hit you up regarding your Halloween offer!) When AATCHB started, I audibly gasped, dropped my poster tube and covered my mouth - so fast, that it actually freaked out one of the girls I'd met in my little area, and she says to her friend "oooooooooo, he's excited!" and was grabbing my shoulders while we all went quiet. I was frozen, haha. I think she was trying to accomplish the equivalent of pinching me, because the look on my face had to be one of complete disbelief at what I was hearing. So many great fucking moments tonight, and after I spent all day trying to figure out how they could possibly top last night. They went and did it, like it was nothing.

Surprised to see The Lovers get repeated, too, but very pleased to see it again. The four Fragile opening tracks had me SO HOPING for The Fragile (Left) to get played all the way through, but alas. Closer has become so much more of a treat to see in the setlist now that it isn't played every single show, as well. Keep hoping one of these days they'll play it without the Only Time breakdown just to change it up a little, but it still sounds great, so can't complain. Funny that someone had said La Mer was being played, because I was really thinking that La Mer might be next after Closer, while Trent just played a few keys between the songs, but suddenly went right into The Becoming. I'll take it!

This tour is also a problem for me - I buckled down and went to both Red Rocks shows: caught the debut of TPD. Bit the bullet and got three nights in Chicago: caught the debut of AATCHB. So now I'm convinced that If I don't go to a given city, I'm going to suffer from major FOMO and do anything in my power to make it happen on the off chance that they play, idk, Demon Seed or something.

I'm gonna pass out. Probably sleep a little more, but I'm definitely planning on getting there earlier tomorrow. I need to be completely immersed in this shit before I go back to the real world. So ready for another night of inevitably amazing surprises. Deciding to see so much of this tour was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made.

(Fun fact: Near the very end of the first AATCHB video posted near the top of the thread, you can barely hear me scream in the crowd when then song ends. I only know it's me because I remember exactly the kind of yell I made in that moment, heh. Couldn't contain myself.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    AATCHB. Geez. What a tremendous gift we were given.

Also, just want to say that Burning Bright was fucking STELLAR. Not only did it sound great, but the lighting! I was just to the left of the center barricade, and really enjoyed watching Atticus being washed in a river of bright red fog.

(Speaking of center barricade, thanks to all the kind folks who welcomed me over after having spotted me on the opposite side on Thursday!)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    (Speaking of center barricade, thanks to all the kind folks who welcomed me over after having spotted me on the opposite side on Thursday!)
    Fuck yes. Left side! I feel like you joining us brought good fortune.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    AATCHB. Geez. What a tremendous gift we were given.

Also, just want to say that Burning Bright was fucking STELLAR. Not only did it sound great, but the lighting! I was just to the left of the center barricade, and really enjoyed watching Atticus being washed in a river of bright red fog.

I was also in the same area! Anywhere from 2-5 people from the rail (it fluctuated a lot), to the left of the center barricade. Sometimes right up against the barricade, sometimes more directly in front of Atticus.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would've lost it and I have a pretty tough stomach lol

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Last night was mindblowing, the most playful, full-of-surprises NIN show I've seen... it really made me feel like anything is possible! It will be a tough one to follow up tonight, but of course I thought the same Thursday night, and they raised the bar

(my secret hope is that they'll do the Carpenter Halloween theme for us, but it's unlikely)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ill just leave this here... (ill get it uploaded to ninlive eventually)

Sorry for the back to back posts, enjoy! I dint do anything to the audio, this is as it was recorded.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    holy. fucking. shit.

i thought thursday was good, and then came friday.

my friend laura came with me and, besides the fact that we hadn't seen each other in almost a year, getting to hear AATCHB with her was absolutely incredible. it was the first NIN song she knowingly heard because i put it on a mixtape i made for her TWELVE YEARS AGO. as soon as it started, i started weeping. it was so cathartic and beautiful and i still can't believe it actually happened. i'm going through...some heavy shit right now and i really, really needed that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like there are multiple videos on YouTube now, but I promised to post this when I had the opportunity:

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Visuals could be better. But it gives a good impression.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here’s a little slow motion video of some quality Trent Tambourine and Robin Stomp from this show that I tossed up on the NIN subreddit, for those of you that are into such things. . .

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...LX&sh=daecd97c

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, what an amazing show with a different vibe than Thursday’s show. The most effective use of a disco ball ever during And All That Could Have Been, just magical. The Becoming was a rich, full bodied behemoth of a song live. Happiness in Slavery was the highlight for me, I actually got chills. The sound was incredible and I loved the staccato lighting effect that played with the band members’ shadows.

The Aragon was a sweatbox at the end of the show and the stairs were a clusterfuck to exit the building.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)