Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.10.25 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.10.25 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And which one of y’all was throwing condoms everywhere?? Finally enabling me to get one??

That show was fucking stellar. Worth every dime, and worth being more or less in debt for the next month to make all of this happen. I’ll type more when I get out of the shitshow that is this post-show traffic.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @heavenly_bearded and I walked down the line in the afternoon and threw a bunch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    @heavenly_bearded and I walked down the line in the afternoon and threw a bunch.
    Nice! The one I got was from the floor, someone threw a bunch in the air and when I walked past after the show the packaging caught my eye.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What an absolute crazy day, I just got back to my hostel as I really need to get some sleep and rest my back.
    So good to finally meet all of you guys. See you tomorrow!

Here’s the video of Starfuckers that I filmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What. A. Show. I am so looking forward to the next two. #tripleNINdy

And JMC was absolutely solid. Took me right back to my college days, and that version of Reverence was out-fucking-standing. Am digging out my copy of Honey’s Dead the second I get home!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Oh, before I go: as a bonus, here’s a short clip of @Sarah K and @heavenly_bearded throwing condoms at people lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fucking awesome show. I should have gotten there earlier, because I had a shit spot the whole time. Luckily I have the next two nights to go yet.

Highlights: THE PERFECT DRUG, Reptile, all the Bad Witch stuff, STARFUCKERS! and my personal favorite of the evening: ALL THE LOVE THE IN THE WORLD! So fucking good. Can't wait til tomorrow.

(If I don't get 'The Day The World Went Away' at one of these next two shows I'm going to lose it.) jk. ..maybe. Also..I got a $75 parking ticket and that blows. Chicago isn't a cheap place.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 10-26-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    NIN is on fire! FIRE I TELL YOU!!!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah, this was an absolutely fantastic show. I'd gone in with the attitude that I'd be happy whatever the hell Trent decided to play, 'cause I don't think you can count on hearing anything specific (other than, like, HLAH and Hurt) at any of these shows, but then TR went on to play practically everything that'd I'd have wanted on an ideal setlist. Went back to the hotel just beyond happy.

Trent had a fun little aside between songs about driving up to the Aragon in the late 80s to see Ministry, and being "right there" (as he pointed down to some incredibly lucky person in the crowd) getting his ass kicked in the gigantic pit. So awesome.

Also, this is probably OFN, but I love that Robin got a chance to rock the tambourine last night (though I forget in which song), full on banging-it-against-your-chest-while-singing style. Wonder if anyone else in the band is vying for the next tambourine slot.

Agreed that JMC was awesome, too - I'm actually not super familiar with them, and I only made it to the venue halfway through their set (work was not cooperating yesterday and I ended up needing to be all the way up in Green Bay during the day -- so much for plans to get there super early and try to get something close to the rail) but what I saw was super enjoyable.

Anyway, yeah, fantastic set, great crowd (at least where I was), met some awesome folks. Well worth the tickets and the hotel and the driving. I'm eagerly awaiting hearing about the setlists for the next few nights, should be mad. (Alas, the Thursday show was the only one I was able to make this time around.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Great show. I had extra tickets that I gave to some good friends that saw nin and jamc back in the day as their first date. It's nice to do fun stuff like this for friends. They loved "reliving" their first date.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm at home, in my own bed, on my own computer, after three magnificent days.

Thanks to everyone for making these days perfect.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I think this photo of me and @ophelia_ sums up our Chicago Night 1 Experience pretty well.

Photo by James Richards IV from Brooklyn Vegan.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Some of the resulting photoshop artifacts might be a bit creepy, but overall this photo looks way better without the fucking phones in the air.
    Cmon guys there's no need to film HLAH, it's already on youtube

I'll post my impressions of the 3 nights as soon as I can, I'm still a bit jetlagged at the moment
    Last edited by arsenic; 10-31-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thursday night’s set was aggressive as hell and Trent was attacking the stage. Loved hearing all the Bad Witch songs and seeing Trent play saxophone on stage was better than I imagined. Reptile is one of my favorites live and the audience was bathed in green light. Starfuckers has never been one of my favorites, but live it’s a monster. When they came back onstage for the encore Trent said they ran out of songs and he would just play his sax for the rest of the show. After Trent told the story of being in the mosh pit at the Aragon in 1989 he quipped “600 years later I’m back.” I left with a grin of satisfaction and filled with anticipation for Friday night.