Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brett Kavanaugh shitshow - ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 6TH

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I only managed to catch a bit, but it looks like he's alternating between taking Trump's advice of trying to be angry and attack his accusers, and tearing up.

Whether that tearing up is because he's putting on a show, or because he watched Dr Ford's testimony and is starting to recognize the damage he's done, I can't be sure, but he's definitely conflicted sitting up there.

It's like he wants to defend himself, but knows that what he did is indefensible.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He probably has an onion in his sleeve.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    You mean to tell me a former frat boy drunkard is yelling about his privilege?! No way!

To start off your statement screaming vengeance? Probably not the best plan. To keep yelling then crocodile cry? Well if he was a woman they’d say he was “hysterical.”

Fuck him. Fuck Grassley. Fuck Hatch. Huge Fuck You to Graham.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-27-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Angry White guy isn’t a good look when trying to prove your honor.

They won’t confirm him now....right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kavanaugh: I'm willing to do anything the committee wants.

Committee: Why don't you want an FBI investigation into these accusers and witnesses to clear you?

Kavanaugh: But muh 302s.... My friend wrote a book but he's a junkie.

This is a fucking joke.

Kavanaugh: Blah blah blah my choir boy life...

Edit: This man is unhinged and compromised. No wonder Trump wanted him. His loyalty to him would have known no bounds.
    Last edited by pulse; 09-27-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Lindsey....ugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lindsey Graham is losing his shit! in hearing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Lindsey Graham is a fucking piece of shit. Holy hell is he ever.

What a monster.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    He has lost all credibility in losing his emotions there; unprofessional as hell. Completely forgot his place and what this hearing is all about.

Edit: This comment was in reference to Graham. Though Kavanaugh is definitely not speaking in terms befitting of character who should be on the SCOTUS, period. It's not his birthright. Graham screams aghast like Kavanaugh's life in ruined. Bullshit! We need an honest person on the SCOTUS, not a loyalists who has problems being honest and trustworthy. This is not to take attention off the accusations alone either.
    Last edited by pulse; 09-27-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How the fuck is Grassley still alive?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    my opinion he came off horrible only i will say Lindsey's meltdown was kind of funny
    -louie

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    They couldn't find flaws in the victim, so they're shooting the messenger instead.

Brett Kavanaugh is a horrible rapist, but the republicans seem to thing that if the democrats waited to discuss these allegations, then he still gets to go to the supreme court because the democrats may not be perfect.

The victim was flawless, but the prosecutor may not be, and even that might let the perp walk.

Jesus Christ, fuck these monsters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kavanaugh: This is all revenge by Clintons and liberals.

Goddamnit! Yes, we need a right-wing conspiracist to preside over the SCOTUS bench. Just fucking kill me right now. Our Republic is driving straight off a fucking cliff.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Here is what I think happened:

Fratboy Kavanaugh did exactly what he was accused of by Dr. Ford and was just too wasted to remember.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fucking disgusted. They've turned this into a divisive rally for the Trump base -- be damned accusations or investigation. This is nothing more than a liberals versus conservatives shitshow, much less a Kavanaugh shitshow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How hyperpartisan was this shitshow today? Also, I'm surprised Cucknald Dump restrained himself from live tweeting and waited until the end to say something.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Did anybody watch maddow last night? She pointed out something very interesting about the hearing yesterday. She said kavanaugh’s defense hinges on this being a partisan delay to stop him from becoming scotus. She said ford’s testimony provided a timeline that shows Ford took action when she heard he was on the short list, before becoming the nominee.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Did anybody watch maddow last night? She pointed out something very interesting about the hearing yesterday. She said kavanaugh’s defense hinges on this being a partisan delay to stop him from becoming scotus. She said ford’s testimony provided a timeline that shows Ford took action when she heard he was on the short list, before becoming the nominee.
    After Dr Ford came out and held up to the scrutiny, and even fox was admitting she was credible, I thought that maybe she had actually made the facts matter. Then I watched them pound their chests and call the rapist a victim and coddle him for how it was horrible that he could be accused of something he did.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...hal-resentment

I hope it doesn't happen, but watching the republicans yesterday, it seemed as if they were going to nominate him anyways. It seemed like they said "Yes, Dr Ford, we believe you, also, we're going to approve him anyways because we feel sorry for men who get caught raping people. Men shouldn't get caught doing that."

Republicans are disgusting excuses for human beings.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    look he wiil probably get through, he show himself as totally partisan even thing he does will be scrutinized and controversial i doubt his fellow justices will respect him, another trump overstep. I think the dems will go big in November
    -louie

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Jeff Flake is a yes so this will likely get out of the committee for a full Senate vote next week.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've not felt this ashamed to be an American since Trump was elected, and it's a damn crowded field.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I had had hope for Flake. Another Republican asshole coward who only pretends to take the high ground.

I have little hope for Murkowski and Collins. This prick is actually going to be on the Supreme Court.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-28-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Honestly, not even remotely surprised this is how this is going.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I didn't see this thread. Vote at 1:30pm ET, a bit less than 3.5 hours from now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I didn't see this thread. Vote at 1:30pm ET, a bit less than 3.5 hours from now.
    No worries. I wish it didn't exist and that we weren't here.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    How on earth can they justify this?

If you believe her accusations are credible, which they admitted she is, then you need to investigate before you can confirm.

Even if you dont believe shes credible, he's still displaying a temperament and contempt for the panel that will decide on his appointment. That's unbefitting of a judge on any court.

His conspiracy theories are demonstratably false, and this kind of thinking shows that he is completely incapable of being impartial.

This was never a trial about kavanaugh, this was always a trial about how badly Republicans hate Democrats, and clearly the verdict is "more than they care about their country"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Patrick Leahy is my new favorite senator.