Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I'm a Prime member and my Watchmen Vol. 2 vinyl is currently on track to arrive the day it is released. Have never had a problem with Amazon or their drivers being dicks with my stuff ever. You get what you pay for, I guess. Amazon is FAR better than the incompetent fucks who comprise Sandbag and Livenation. Clearly, Trent agrees with this assessment..
    I would like to counter that with, while not vinyl, while i was a prime member in London my next day delivery's would often get delayed to the next or even day after that (despite staying in all day waiting!) and had a couple of figures from them well and truly fucked by the time the arrived. Since i cancelled i've had a 100% next day delivery even though the free option isn't next day and they've all been in tip top condition.
    Swings and roundabouts!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I would like to counter that with, while not vinyl, while i was a prime member in London my next day delivery's would often get delayed to the next or even day after that (despite staying in all day waiting!) and had a couple of figures from them well and truly fucked by the time the arrived. Since i cancelled i've had a 100% next day delivery even though the free option isn't next day and they've all been in tip top condition.
    Swings and roundabouts!
    Location is probably a factor as well. I'm in New York City and two blocks away from a Post Office so things are either 100% fine or cataclysmically fucked, although the latter happens pretty infrequently.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finally listened to the score in full...and holy shit! There's a lot going on in this one. "Mueller Time" sounds like a Trent & Atticus score for a James Bond film. "Nun With A Motherfucking Gun" and "Never Surrender" remind me a little bit of "Closer To God". Also, while I'm not usually a fan of film dialogue intertwined with score material, I have to say that it works pretty well here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My Vol. 1 vinyl showed up today from Target in perfect condition. Not even sure if I'll open it, couldn't stand the wait and bought it on iTunes when it released.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    My Vol. 1 vinyl showed up today from Target in perfect condition. Not even sure if I'll open it, couldn't stand the wait and bought it on iTunes when it released.
    you should definitely open it and read through the insert

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you should definitely open it and read through the insert
    Thanks for the tip, I'll do that today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone else receive notification that the Watchmen #2 vinyl will arrive on NOV 27th? Early!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Anyone else receive notification that the Watchmen #2 vinyl will arrive on NOV 27th? Early!
    That's actually two days late. It was supposed to come from Amazon on the 25th. Also, I've gotten this email several times the last few weeks. Then a day or two later I get another email saying the release date is unknown again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Per NIN.com yeah, but the listing on Amazon says December 6th so idk. I am in same boat, pre-ordered around the nanosecond of the listing. lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why we were redirected to Amazon to purchase these but I finally got a straight answer from Amazon as to why my Volume 1 hasn't arrived yet even though I preordered it shortly after the preorder link was available. It was damaged in transit and now EVERYWHERE is sold out including them so they don't have a replacement to send me.

I'm super pissed off

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    I'm not sure why we were redirected to Amazon to purchase these but I finally got a straight answer from Amazon as to why my Volume 1 hasn't arrived yet even though I preordered it shortly after the preorder link was available. It was damaged in transit and now EVERYWHERE is sold out including them so they don't have a replacement to send me.

I'm super pissed off
    I was in my local record store today and they still had like 4 copies of it. They don't have it in stock on their website, but I know they ship to people, and the owner Judy is remarkably nice. It wouldn't hurt to contact them via their site or facebook and ask if they could ship one up to Canada for you?

http://www.millsrecordcompany.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I was in my local record store today and they still had like 4 copies of it. They don't have it in stock on their website, but I know they ship to people, and the owner Judy is remarkably nice. It wouldn't hurt to contact them via their site or facebook and ask if they could ship one up to Canada for you?

http://www.millsrecordcompany.com
    Thank you. I will give them a try!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you. I will give them a try!
    Try srcvinyl.ca I have a preorder for all 3 but since it’s $10 shipping I have to wait for all 3 to be shipped. My amazon.ca orders Vol. 1 I have no idea it will ever see the light of day. My local record store ordered one but since it’s coming from the US it will take a few weeks so I’m hoping this Friday as the owner said he’s still waiting on my order.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Episode Six has officially aired so Volume 2 info should be just a couple hours away, in theory, if they do the same press shit as they did with Volume 1

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Episode Six has officially aired so Volume 2 info should be just a couple hours away, in theory, if they do the same press shit as they did with Volume 1
    yeaaaaaaaaah

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    Tomorrow is the release of Volume 2 according to nin.com. This is the amazon link to it https://amzn.to/2OHlCAI
    There is a discrepancy because on Amazon it says that will be available on December 6th.
    Amazon, somehow, has been completely blindsided by the demand for these, so their release dates don't mean anything. If you pre-ordered, the record should ship shortly after November 25.

Then again, international orders may be handled differently, so maybe this can all be thrown out the window.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    If Vol 1 is any indication we should have a Wednesday midnight drop of Vol 2 on digital services.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    From nin.com... Vol. 2 Track 8. Nostalgia Blues, Track 13. Dreamland Jazz..... Vol. 3 Track 6. The Way It Used To Be

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My vinyl that I pre-ordered an hour or so after announcement is delayed until next week. I'm looking forward to seeing the Vol. 2 pics though!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Try srcvinyl.ca I have a preorder for all 3 but since it’s $10 shipping I have to wait for all 3 to be shipped. My amazon.ca orders Vol. 1 I have no idea it will ever see the light of day. My local record store ordered one but since it’s coming from the US it will take a few weeks so I’m hoping this Friday as the owner said he’s still waiting on my order.
    Srcvinyl is showing this volume on backorder but I've ordered through them. I also see Urban outfitters has it listed as shipping December 27. I've ordered from them as well because I don't want to miss getting this. I know it's not Amazon's fault it was damaged in transit but I feel if this was sold through the nin store they would of had some sort of plan in place for this type of situation just in case when Amazon just sold out all their copies and basically just told me sorry with nothing other than a refund.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The Vol 2 product page on Target.com says: Coming December 6, 2019 Preorders have sold out. Check back on release date. Same thing with Vol 3 (with a Dec 20 date). Vol 1 says SOLD OUT but has a notification option.

For those still looking it might be worth it to keep an eye on those.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I had all 3 preordered through Amazon.COM but after the first one didn't show up and the runaround I received trying to find out why I cancelled the other 2 volumes through them. They were showing available on Amazon.CA so I preordered them there instead. Volume 1 unfortunately is showing unavailable there.

I'm still ticked off as to why we were directed to Amazon to begin with. With Teeth reissue and Birdbox OST were shipped via NIN store. Why couldn't these? The biggest kicker for all this is that With Teeth reissue and Birdbox OST I ordered on Friday and they're schedule to arrive today. From California to Toronto, ON? Fulfilled by the NIN store. Although the shipping cost ($30+ USD) as well as the fact that I received an email this morning saying there was duty charge of ($20+ CAD) left a bad taste in my mouth. At least I'm receiving these two and very quick! Which is more than I can say for the Watchmen Volume 1. I really wish they had done the same for the Watchmen OST.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm still ticked off as to why we were directed to Amazon to begin with. With Teeth reissue and Birdbox OST were shipped via NIN store. Why couldn't these?
    I hear what you're saying but there are a couple differences: 1. unlike the first round of DE vinyls, With Teeth was locked in, pressed, and warehoused before they put it up for sale. Same with Bird Box. That makes a huge difference. Even a preorder / lag of a few weeks can spiral into a mess with one production problem (which we know is all too common when it comes to vinyl pressings) 2. HBO probably had a say in this. It makes no sense to outsource distro when you have your own established...unless whoever is footing the bill says so.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-25-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I hear what you're saying but there are a couple differences: 1. unlike the first round of DE vinyls, With Teeth was locked in, pressed, and warehoused before they put it up for sale. Same with Bird Box. That makes a huge difference. Even a preorder / lag of a few weeks can spiral into a mess with one production problem (which we know is all too common when it comes to vinyl pressings) 2. HBO probably had a say in this. It makes no sense to outsource distro when you have your own established...unless whoever is footing the bill says so.
    I assumed it probably had to do something with HBO having a say. Even though Birdbox is a OST like Watchmen. HBO probably has more of a say of how it's sold than Netflix does with Birdbox. It's just very disappointing. I will get over it at some point. When I finally receive a copy of Volume 1 from somewhere LMAO!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

Ahhhhh shit! I called it!!!

Calling it right now that Volume 2 vinyl packaging will be the "TV soundtrack" for American Hero Story: Minutemen.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Got my shipping notice today, should arrive tomorrow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know Amazon are evil and exploitive, so this is a bit unfair, but I just preordered volumes 2 and 3 from them for less money (including shipping! And they ship separately so I wouldn’t have to wait!), then I paid for just Volume 1 preorder in NIN.com

and I still haven’t even gotten vol 1 and I’m not sure I ever will!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My Amazon notice says Wednesday. I wish I would get my shipping info for WT and BB.