Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Spoiler alert: the streaming version of the vinyl is going to have a few more tracks than the vinyl, because of manufacturing deadlines. But Trent has a solution to this predicament.
    the only thing I didn't like about this is the folder name when you extract the files from the zip. Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits].zip extracts to Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits] and inside that (because winrar is stupid) is the folder Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits].

due to this I found out that windows has character limit for folders and it stacks so both of those together crashed through the limit and every time I tried to edit the file's ID tags dbpoweramp said the files were corrupt. ended up moving the files and all was well but fyi for others, I guess.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yeah, and the Roadhouse performance clearly doesn't have Murphy or Christopherson in the lineup (but it is the most ethnically diverse lineup NIN's ever had!)...
    *stares in Tension 2013*

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    the only thing I didn't like about this is the folder name when you extract the files from the zip.

Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits].zip extracts to
    Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits] and inside that (because winrar is stupid) is the folder
    Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 3 Additional Tracks Not On Vinyl (Music from the HBO Series) - (2019) [WAV PCM 24 bits].

due to this I found out that windows has character limit for folders and it stacks so both of those together crashed through the limit and every time I tried to edit the file's ID tags dbpoweramp said the files were corrupt. ended up moving the files and all was well but fyi for others, I guess.
    Huh. I've deliberately avoided Winrar for most of its existence, and use 7zip instead, but even then, I tend to drag the files into their own folder, rather than extracting as-is, so this didn't affect me. Good to know, though.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ No problems here using the built-in Windows 10 unzip protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    *stares in Tension 2013*
    Doesn't beat a Filipina vocalist and Hispanic drummer.
    Last edited by botley; 12-14-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ No problems here using the built-in Windows 10 unzip protocol.

Doesn't beat a Filipina vocalist and Hispanic drummer.
    That’s just because you haven’t noticed how pale Pino’s bobbing head is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That’s just because you haven’t noticed how pale Pino’s bobbing head is.
    Pino cancels out, because he's Italian like Alessandro, but also British like Atticus (PS. we have the same birthday, and I love you forever Pino).
    Last edited by botley; 12-14-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    LINCOLN TUNNEL is so good, glad it got released.
    Same. I am shocked this could have been left off. I think this is my favorite piece of music from this score. I actually really like it in the show with the voice over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just ordered vol 3. Seems to be tied to THE Nine inch Nails (idk why or how cause I only saw a couple pictures regarding it). However, the tracklist is very intriguing. I’m wondering if we are gonna hear some substantial vocals from Reznor on this one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    I just ordered vol 3. Seems to be tied to THE Nine inch Nails (idk why or how cause I only saw a couple pictures regarding it). However, the tracklist is very intriguing. I’m wondering if we are gonna hear some substantial vocals from Reznor on this one.
    Its just the score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Its just the score.
    Yes, I understand that. I haven’t heard anything from this volume yet so I don’t know what to expect. Unless the show up to ep 8 has used the score in its entirety.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I’m shocked they didn’t release it as Volume 4 lol
    I don't think anyone would complain if they just kept going and eventually made enough material for a volume 4. It could be the sountrack to the in-universe movie adaptation of Tales from the Black Freighter. I really hope they stay on board and continue to make more music for the (hopefully) inevitable season 2 of Watchmen!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Same. I am shocked this could have been left off. I think this is my favorite piece of music from this score. I actually really like it in the show with the voice over.
    I found it shocking that the cover of Life on Mars? that everyone loves so much apparently isn't on the vinyl.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    (but it is the most ethnically diverse lineup NIN's ever had!)...
    That's very American of you to say that. Very Watchmen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    Yes, I understand that. I haven’t heard anything from this volume yet so I don’t know what to expect. Unless the show up to ep 8 has used the score in its entirety.
    the tracklisting is for a fake "the nine inch nails" album (and in the watchmen universe, the band includes peter murphy & peter christopherson), much like the first two volumes, which have fake tracklists for things within the watchmen universe that don't correspond to the actual music on the record. there's a post on birth movies death exploring the artwork and explaining a bit, if you're curious. it's still just the score and unlikely to have any vocals.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    That's very American of you to say that. Very Watchmen.
    Well, I was born in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, which is home to folks from 230 different nationalities. Toronto is the future Robert Redford wants.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I want a score / NIN album that sounds like "A MAN WALKS INTO AN INTRINSIC FIELD."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I was just in Toronto a week ago. Just missed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the tracklisting is for a fake "the nine inch nails" album (and in the watchmen universe, the band includes peter murphy & peter christopherson), much like the first two volumes, which have fake tracklists for things within the watchmen universe that don't correspond to the actual music on the record. there's a post on birth movies death exploring the artwork and explaining a bit, if you're curious. it's still just the score and unlikely to have any vocals.
    Ahh now I see. Ok that’s really interesting and I really had no idea there was a whole universe/lore thing going on. I typically just stream all of their scores and just vibe out to them but this one seemed really cool. In any case, I’ll enjoy the reading and the score from the first two volumes are amazing so it’ll be awesome to at least have one to play on vinyl!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    YAY for more tracks then we thought, boo for one being vinyl only (i'll have to be patient and wait for a rip) looking forward to downloading the whole thing Wednesday and spending my entire last day at work before Christmas just listening to that!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Whew! I've been on vacation and finally caught up on episodes 7-9.

I've also caught up on the six e-mails Target sent me about my delayed Vol.2 order. Thankfully, I found a digital download to get me through until delivery. Seeing the preview of Vol.3 (and the bonus FLAC downloads from NIN.com) is making me salivate with anticipation & hopes I don't miss any of the liner note Easter eggs. I'm guessing Target will ship that out sometime in January at this rate.

Regardless, I love the attention to detail for these 3 volumes & must give them kudos for the immersive experience instead of a traditional release (i do have a sad face for no FLACs but i'd double-dip if they released the series on Blu-ray along with a BD or digital soundtrack).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Am I right in thinking the 5 non-vinyl tracks available digitally at nin.com are not showing up on the UK store?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Am I right in thinking the 5 non-vinyl tracks available digitally at nin.com are not showing up on the UK store?
    It’s not a public listing on the store you have to go thru the link on the hotline to get it.

update in regards to my order: just got charged.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A little bummed knowing not ALL of the music will be on the vinyl...

What are the chances of a larger vinyl set later on with all cues (maybe including any not used but recorded) ala Bird Box?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    A little bummed knowing not ALL of the music will be on the vinyl...

What are the chances of a larger vinyl set later on with all cues (maybe including any not used but recorded) ala Bird Box?
    i would happily sell a kidney on the black market to pay for it, but it doesn't seem super likely it'll happen. i'd love to be wrong, though! take my money, tront razner.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I need to regrow a kidney from after bird box, need a bit of recharging before the next deluxe

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I honestly don’t see it happening. Each one of these volumes are unique and special.

in terms of the vinyl not matching the digital, that’s not uncommon. Vinyl only has 40 minutes to work with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So Trent and Kraw and Corey Holmes were responsible for some of the Peteypedia stuff!

https://mobile.twitter.com/EWDocJens...29585472782336

Already felt that the world building here (especially in the additional material felt very Year Zero, but still didn’t expect Trent to be a writer!)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I honestly don’t see it happening. Each one of these volumes are unique and special.

in terms of the vinyl not matching the digital, that’s not uncommon. Vinyl only has 40 minutes to work with.
    No I know. I doubt it will happen but given you have 40 minutes, was thinking it could be a similar approach as Bird Box with more than the 3 initial LPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)