Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1232

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wait, does that mean you don't like the music?
    Oh I don't dislike the music at ALL, I'm just not a TR+AC score fan like I am a NIN fan. The last score I bought was the dragon tattoo soundtrack - it gets kinda boring after hearing 2398394 random ass movie scores in a 2 year period.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    new hoodie, who dis?

unfortunately, the printing on this isn’t as great as i would have hoped. BUT it’s SUPER comfy and long (and even zips over my abnormally large butt). plus, the design is awesome. dr. manhattan's symbol combined with a heptagram? yes, plz!
    I got one of these too. They are very generous with the sizing - I ordered a medium and it feels like a large or XL. But otherwise, yes, super comfy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Finally listened to Vol 1 and it's pretty good, how do the other two stack up?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    In my opinion, they get better and better (and darker). Vol. 3 has a lot of that dark atmospheric goodness, even more so if you go with the vinyl tracklisting.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Vol. 2 is good. I like it evenly with Vol. 1 . Haven't listen to Vol. 3 yet, ( I have both versions not sure which to open. With DE sticker or without.) But I have listen to LTR and I like that one. (I still don't understand why "Let Him Ride" is referred to as LTR and not LHR.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks guys I'll check em out, I got score fatigued so I kinda stopped keeping up with them!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Oh I don't dislike the music at ALL, I'm just not a TR+AC score fan like I am a NIN fan. The last score I bought was the dragon tattoo soundtrack - it gets kinda boring after hearing 2398394 random ass movie scores in a 2 year period.
    Trent Reznor + Air Conditioning?

also, the scores are pretty diverse-sounding, for the most part ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor + Air Conditioning?

also, the scores are pretty diverse-sounding, for the most part ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I refuse to edit my comment so it is now TR and air conditioning.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I refuse to edit my comment so it is now TR and air conditioning.
    Obligatory:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    OK, so I've tried listening to all three volumes together, and I can't enjoy it as much. Just like most soundtracks, it's too long to keep my attention going. I love each individual volumes, and I think it was a great move to release them separately.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    I got one of these too. They are very generous with the sizing - I ordered a medium and it feels like a large or XL. But otherwise, yes, super comfy.
    I went for a XXXL because I'm 6'8 and I feel like fucking Billie Eilish in this thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Didn't really expect more Watchmen press but....

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sxsw-da...st-1202857364/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I'm a bit late to purchasing The Watchmen stuff mostly thanks to being cash strapped. Anyway, bought Vol 1, opened it and did not find any download card for the hi-res files. Whats up with that? is it not a thing for this release?
    Also, still need Vol. 2 and 3 but Sunrise Records does not have either in stock atm.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    So I'm a bit late to purchasing The Watchmen stuff mostly thanks to being cash strapped. Anyway, bought Vol 1, opened it and did not find any download card for the hi-res files. Whats up with that? is it not a thing for this release?
    Also, still need Vol. 2 and 3 but Sunrise Records does not have either in stock atm.
    none of them have come with download cards, unfortunately. not really sure why. the only hi-T-rez files available straight from nin.com were the bonus tracks that didn't end up fitting on the vinyl of vol. 3 (which are free to download). otherwise you're looking at your usual lossless audio marketplace sites to buy them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can’t get enough of “The Brick”

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Cross-posting this from the Covid thread:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Cross-posting this from the Covid thread:

Surprises? I hope we see them anyway

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    you never know when @totom might strike again...
    :-O

That one would be tougher to put out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone post this yet? Quarantine TR + AR talking Watchmen.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ Hmmm, so they wrote 15 pieces or 90-odd minutes of stuff initially before seeing any picture... only one track of which ("How the West...") ended up in the series, eh?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I remember there was a post with a guy who did these amazing high quality copies of the vinyl artwork, but only 2 of the 3 volumes were done. Did he ever end up doing the other volume's artwork?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I remember there was a post with a guy who did these amazing high quality copies of the vinyl artwork, but only 2 of the 3 volumes were done. Did he ever end up doing the other volume's artwork?
    You mean these:? https://imgur.com/a/Feicuqb

1: https://imgur.com/a/94iemD3

2: https://imgur.com/a/A5izO9w

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Awesome, thanks! I remember he just had 2 volumes up and we were waiting on the third. Cheers, man

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing these. Hadn't seen them before.

Now I really want to fucking hear that alternate version of The Downward Spiral with Heresy as a single. Holy shit that's cool.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm late to the party, but as with all things, timing is everything.

I'm glad I waited until I had some decent headphones, and I felt I was finally in the headspace. Last night I finally gave in to listening to the first volume while working. I have a tentative love affair building...this music is what I've been yearning for a while now. I find the voice overs jarring; not a fan, but I understand their place.
    Nun with a motherfucking gun is an obvious good one, but right now Objects in mirror/ Kattle Battle and the Brick are what stand out. I certainly want to take my time with this, digest slowly as needed. I get everyone is already over this, but it's fun for me to finally have the time to properly engage with it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm late to the party, but as with all things, timing is everything.

I'm glad I waited until I had some decent headphones, and I felt I was finally in the headspace. Last night I finally gave in to listening to the first volume while working. I have a tentative love affair building...this music is what I've been yearning for a while now. I find the voice overs jarring; not a fan, but I understand their place.
    Nun with a motherfucking gun is an obvious good one, but right now Objects in mirror/ Kattle Battle and the Brick are what stand out. I certainly want to take my time with this, digest slowly as needed. I get everyone is already over this, but it's fun for me to finally have the time to properly engage with it.
    i wouldn't say most of us are "over it" because it's so good! being over it implies that people liked it upon first listen but don't like it anymore. i think it's more realistic to say we've had other stuff to (also) be excited about!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    I would appreciate an mp3 of "Let him ride" if anyone would be kind enough to send me a pm. thank you
    Did this ever come your way? If so, I will PM you for a copy as well. Or if anyone else is feeling generous, let me know!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Now that I’ve sat on it, this is easily the most exciting scorework of theirs since Gone Girl. Masterful stuff, eclectic, all over the place and better for it. The jazz elements, the classic drone and piano tracks, the throbbing moments like Nun and a Motherfucking Gun, it’s like a showcase of how broad and how brilliant these two are together. As far as I’m concerned it’s a definitive example of why Trent and Atticus are such geniuses together and how their pairing has led to an entire reinvention of modern scores. The Social Network broke major ground and all their Fincher collabs refined it but this is the first one outside of their collabs with him that I’ve felt they really totally changed their sound in amazing ways and redefined their standard. That this is the soundtrack for a comic book television show just cements how far they’ve come. I never want a T&A score without brass again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hi everyone, I'm trying to get to my little printing project for this release, does anyone have the higres files for each volume, this one:
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/ima...24036-7888.jpg

i have volume 2 in 3500dpi but can't find the other 2