Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1090

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not to rain on anyone here BUT... IT ARRIVED!!! (along with With Teeth and Birdbox.) So fucking dope!

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just got a shipping update from Amazon that my volume three will arrive on the original release date, Monday, December 16.


    Although I’ll believe it when I see it.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,624
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    ditto on both fronts.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone see Vol. 2 show up in their Amazon Music to download? I got Vol. 1 vinyl and have downloaded the mp3's. I have received Vol. 2 vinyl. Vol. 3 shows that it will be delivered Monday December 16th. Just curious when 2 and / or 3 will be available for download.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,724
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Well i've just had a fun text conversation with a friend. He basically only likes the chart stuff and indie music but just asked for NIN recommendations because of the Watchmen score, so that's 2 people this year have asked what NIN stuff they should listen to after hearing stuff from scores/old town road.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,379
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well i've just had a fun text conversation with a friend. He basically only likes the chart stuff and indie music but just asked for NIN recommendations because of the Watchmen score, so that's 2 people this year have asked what NIN stuff they should listen to after hearing stuff from scores/old town road.
    Out of interest, what did you recommend? Personally if they were a pop person I’d probably go with either PHM or Hesitation Marks or With Teeth? However I’ve seen plenty of Spotify playlists that might hit the mark

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,724
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Out of interest, what did you recommend? Personally if they were a pop person I’d probably go with either PHM or Hesitation Marks or With Teeth? However I’ve seen plenty of Spotify playlists that might hit the mark
    Considering their tastes and that they were really into the Watchmen score i went With Teeth and the Trilogy first and see how they got on, The trilogy being the closest to the Watchmen's sound out of everything. They were saying apple was recommending TDS, which seemed fucking nuts considering it must already know their music tastes as much as i do!

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    After sitting with Vol. 2 for a bit, I have to say I like Vol. 1 better. Between "Orphans of Krypton", "Nun With Etc. Etc.", "The Brick", and "Watch Over This Boy" there's no competition for me. The Garson piece and the jazz is interesting, but Vol. 1 just feels more dynamic.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Keswick, Ontario
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    I picked the cheapest which was Standard shipping and still cost me $36 USD. So you can imagine my disgust when I saw the email telling me I owed them another $20 CAD this morning for customs fees.

    By the time you convert $36 USD to CAD and then add another $20 CAD on top of that I basically paid twice for the Bird Box OST.

    It sucks but at least it arrived unlike my Watchmen Volume 1 which was destroyed in transit. I've read others say that their Watchmen Volume 1 arrived damaged which makes me wonder how damaged mine was for them to send it back before it even got to me.
    Think you weren’t lucky. My bird box got delivered to my house and never got a email for customs fees.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,270
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    That fucking music in the finale of last night's episode. Holy shit. Can't wait to hear that track.

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by less<than View Post
    super jealous some of you received volume 2. I ordered all three on day 1, and Volume 1 showed up fine. This round though, I have watched all 4 of my "arriving today by 8pm" delivery promises come and go.

    update: on my 5th delayed delivery date revision Vol2 arrived today finally!

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Niskayuna, New York
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The next album is “The Manhattan Project”. Apparently it’s about the history of The Nine Inch Nails... One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to is also a writer on Watchmen. He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!

    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1219263074
    Last edited by NIN64; 12-09-2019 at 10:39 PM.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!
    That was no slip! "I hope Trent Reznor doesn't get mad but..."

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    That was no slip! "I hope Trent Reznor doesn't get mad but..."
    Trent Reznor doesn’t get mad...he gets Emmys...

    Also, that track from the end of episode 8 has GOT to be called “The Moment”.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,476
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    The next album is “The Manhattan Project”. Apparently it’s about the history of The Nine Inch Nails... One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to is also a writer on Watchmen. He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!

    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1219263074
    Hell yes. I had a feeling it would be the Manhattan documentary, but didn't see the TNIN aspect coming at all.

  16. #646
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,261
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Canadian frenz, vol. 2 and 3 are up on Amazon.ca with a simultaneous release date of the 20th. Vol 1 is currently unavailable.

  17. #647
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    The next album is “The Manhattan Project”. Apparently it’s about the history of The Nine Inch Nails... One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to is also a writer on Watchmen. He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!

    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1219263074
    Can we get a timestamp? I might go back and listen to the whole thing (big Twin Peaks fan), but haven't got the time right now.

    EDIT: It starts at 2:21:58
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 12-10-2019 at 01:16 PM.

  18. #648
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Can we get a timestamp? I might go back and listen to the whole thing (big Twin Peaks fan), but haven't got the time right now.

    EDIT: It starts at 2:21:58
    For folks without the skip-ahead button right now, this is the relevant money-shot reveal about the Vol. 3 liner notes:

    "It tells you the history of Nine Inch Nails, as they exist in Watchmen world... and how their fates intersected with the legacy of Dr. Manhattan's absence from the world. They were called The Nine Inch Nails, as they are in Twin Peaks, which means that yes, Watchmen and Twin Peaks occupy the same world."

    (wipes splooge off glasses)

  19. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Keswick, Ontario
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Canadian frenz, vol. 2 and 3 are up on Amazon.ca with a simultaneous release date of the 20th. Vol 1 is currently unavailable.
    It’s been up on amazon.ca since nov 7. Volume 1 was back up last week. My volume 2 has a shipping date of Jan 2-24 and volume 1 of Jan 28 and nothing for volume 3

  20. #650
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    649
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    For folks without the skip-ahead button right now, this is the relevant money-shot reveal about the Vol. 3 liner notes:

    "It tells you the history of Nine Inch Nails, as they exist in Watchmen world... and how their fates intersected with the legacy of Dr. Manhattan's absence from the world. They were called The Nine Inch Nails, as they are in Twin Peaks, which means that yes, Watchmen and Twin Peaks occupy the same world."

    (wipes splooge off glasses)
    I knew it. Prepare for an avalanche of backstories.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 12-10-2019 at 04:45 PM.

  21. #651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I knew it. Prepare for an avalanch of backstories.
    How much you wanna bet that Tapeworm came out in this alternate reality?

  22. #652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    How much you wanna bet that Tapeworm came out in this alternate reality?
    This has been on my mind ever since The Nine Inch Nails were explicitly written into the Watchmen universe...

  23. #653
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,800
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    How much you wanna bet that Tapeworm came out in this alternate reality?
    How hilarious would it be if they allude to it being a masterpiece and say something like "it would be a shame if they had shelved it, but lucky for us, Maynard changed Trent's mind."

  24. #654
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I cannot wait for Vol. 3 to get here, holy shit. That sounds so cool. Plus the Life on Mars? cover, of course.

  25. #655
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    For folks without the skip-ahead button right now, this is the relevant money-shot reveal about the Vol. 3 liner notes:

    "It tells you the history of Nine Inch Nails, as they exist in Watchmen world... and how their fates intersected with the legacy of Dr. Manhattan's absence from the world. They were called The Nine Inch Nails, as they are in Twin Peaks, which means that yes, Watchmen and Twin Peaks occupy the same world."

    (wipes splooge off glasses)
    I just I just I just... oh my fucking god. I can NOT wait to read everything on that fucking record when it arrives. This is like sensory overload.

  26. #656
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I just I just I just... oh my fucking god. I can NOT wait to read everything on that fucking record when it arrives. This is like sensory overload.
    Right? I mean, there could possibly be holes in this theory if you consider the Mark Frost spin-off novels canonical, but it FEELS right somehow.

  27. #657
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vol 1 was available on Amazon.ca this morning for about 15 minutes. Aaaaaand it’s gone. Damn. Hope they restock soon.

  28. #658
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been getting the daily emails from Target this week pushing my Vol 2 delivery date. December 13 became December 16 and now December 17. Shrug.

  29. #659
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I just I just I just... oh my fucking god. I can NOT wait to read everything on that fucking record when it arrives. This is like sensory overload.
    Also looking forward to the creative ways they obscure his wang.

  30. #660
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Also looking forward to the creative ways they obscure his wang.
    I don't think they will obscure his "wang." First of all, this is HBO. Second, they already had a 'wang" in full-frontal view in an early episode, and they weren't shy about it. And it was a real "wang" and not a CG one like in the movie.

Posting Permissions