Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    It will be back once they press another batch. I am convinced 100% it's not limited in any way and will be available, like the reissues once all of the sites and stores around the world run out.
    I’m pretty sure no one who ordered it from Amazon.ca even got a shipment. Amazon has a tendency to put other sellers before them or remove them as a seller. My local record store said it take a week or 2 due to them moving and not getting any new stock this week. I just want to let know I have a copy in hand lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    listened to the score on Amazon Music HD and instantly loved it. Has anybody found anywhere selling a FLAC download? only place I've found so far is the Tidal store but its £17.99 which seems a bit excessive.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My Target order arrived this morning (thankfully, in pretty good shape). Looks like it has an additional hype sticker than the Amazon release identifying the album as "Trent Reznor Atticus Ross HBO's Watchmen 2019." The back has a UPC sticker on the plastic wrap.

Minor seam break on the inner sleeve, but that's par for mail ordered vinyl these days.

Kinda wish the commercially available vinyl also included the promo only card, but it's easy enough to just save a scan or mock it up for reference purposes.

Regardless, vol.1 kicks so much ass & I'm so into what's happening with the series - I wish ALL OF TELEVISION were this cool (hoping this success will bring YZ out of development hell and into a limited series).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    came back from a work trip to find the album waiting for me in a biggish box. Reading the posts here I was expecting the worst but the box held a slightly smaller box that surrounded the record packaging very well with two of those pillow things for packing. It was in great shape, thankfully. Whew.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    So... is there a transcript/close-up image scan of that essay yet?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    FYI if you're in the KC area, I stopped into Mills Records today and they had at least 6-7 copies in store.

(They also have like 5 copies of Fear Inoculum)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    So... is there a transcript/close-up image scan of that essay yet?
    I haven't had any luck finding a local copy, otherwise I'd have a transcript. Almost all of it is available in this imgur album (there appears to be a page missing).

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    FYI if you're in the KC area, I stopped into Mills Records today and they had at least 6-7 copies in store.
    The Record Store Day site says you're the closest independent store to me with it in-stock.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my tracking info originally showed that my target order of volume 1 was supposed to be delivered today (and there's no reason it shouldn't have been...it was in the chicagoland area as of thursday), but now it shows it will be delivered on tuesday (thanks, 3-day weekend >.< ). i fucking hate shipping logistics so much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ordered it from my local record store since this amazon.ca fiasco is having me worried of getting a copy. I got a email from .ca saying my estimated arrival date is November 30, 2019- January 18, 2020. I’ll pay a little extra to have it sooner since I’m guaranteed a copy locally but have to wait a few weeks to get it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Is there a way to buy this as a download in lossless format?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my tracking info originally showed that my target order of volume 1 was supposed to be delivered today (and there's no reason it shouldn't have been...it was in the chicagoland area as of thursday), but now it shows it will be delivered on tuesday (thanks, 3-day weekend >.< ). i fucking hate shipping logistics so much.
    Yeah I ordered my set of three from Amazon, and Volume 1 shipped on Wednesday from Kentucky and is just now Out For Delivery as of this morning, yet it's still listed on the website as being "Two Day Prime Shipping".

It's taken 4 days for this thing to drive 7 hours to KC?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Is there a way to buy this as a download in lossless format?
    Yeah, this is what I also don't get. Trent may be all about that tactical experience, but meanwhile the score is in lossy quality on various streaming services while there's apparently no way to buy a lossless download.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    There totally is a way. It's on the Tidal store right now (in Canada anyway). Click "FLAC" then Download, it's $18.
    Last edited by botley; 11-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somebody know where i can find it in germany?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Wow, Loving the score. I'm not gunna lie, when I first opened the damn thing up and was looking it over and saw that songs were written by 'Chris Deschaines' I was like "fuck, did i order the wrong version or something??" - which I think was the reaction that T+A were going for - but knowing Trent and the whole YZ ARG, It kinda dawned upon me what was going on.

So after listening (and being extremely fucking impressed) I went to 'de interwebz' and saw that review posted on NIN.com from birth-death-movies. I see that in their review they posted pics of this yellow envelopment enclosed with the real track listing/credits and a cool little note from T+A. I went back to check my packaging to se that my package ( which I ordered from Amazon) did not include this. Has anyone who ordered from Amazon received this yellow envelopment with their vinyl order??
    I thought the same thing! I totally thought I purchased the wrong thing, or they sent me the wrong thing, lol.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Kraw reposted this on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4srhDHB...=16jxi3jhl6xu0

One of those sigs looks Trentesque.

9C49765C-C229-484F-A7A9-72FA28A3F930.jpeg

Fingerprints is in Long Beach CA.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-10-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Location

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

Fuck, that’s sick. Why do I have to live in the middle of nowhere in upstate NY...?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fingerprints was a little out of the way when I lived in California, but it was cool enough to warrant a visit once a month.

I would have preferred this to sit for a few weeks before a die-hard fan accidentally stumbled across it, but it's still fucking awesome how much fun they're having!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Based on the signed Bad Witch postcard I have, im pretty sure the bottom right is Trent and the middle right is Atticus.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Based on the signed Bad Witch postcard I have, im pretty sure the bottom right is Trent and the middle right is Atticus.
    Bottom right looks like Mariqueen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really enjoying the soundtrack and show. I was able to purchase MP3 files that certainly sound limiting. Does anyone know if they will be releasing it 24 bit, loss or FLAC? Surprised there are not many download options out there.
    Thanks for any info!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sigh...when I lived in CA, I lived in Long Beach...literally around the corner from Fingerprints. Used to go there all the time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

FYI sold out. Store IG said they'd update if more are available.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glennobrgdo View Post
    Really enjoying the soundtrack and show. I was able to purchase MP3 files that certainly sound limiting. Does anyone know if they will be releasing it 24 bit, loss or FLAC? Surprised there are not many download options out there.
    Thanks for any info!
    Yes. Link in my last post on the previous page.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone's Target order actually shipped? I'm starting to get worried my order is going to just remain in backorder status until they eventually cancel it and I'm SOL. Seems like they may have severely under-pressed this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The one on the left is Trent. Look at the R and N.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It’s shipped from the UK NIN store!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Has anyone's Target order actually shipped? I'm starting to get worried my order is going to just remain in backorder status until they eventually cancel it and I'm SOL. Seems like they may have severely under-pressed this.
    yeah, mine shipped last week!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I got my first volume a few days ago. Arrived in fairly good shape too, which was a relief because I've never ordered vinyl from Target before and didn't know what state it would show up in. Sounds great as well.

The tricky part about getting these is that you aren't just competing with NIN fans for the records, but also with Watchmen fans who tend to be REALLY into the Watchmen universe and also buy everything related to it. I have a couple friends who are big into the comic/movie/show etc. They are damn near as fanatical about it as I am NIN. Combine that with the fact that it's on HBO and being really well received and well...you got a lot of people who are gonna try and grab these.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday so it does seem they are shipping them out.