Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just got a shipping update from Amazon that my volume three will arrive on the original release date, Monday, December 16.

Although I’ll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ditto on both fronts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone see Vol. 2 show up in their Amazon Music to download? I got Vol. 1 vinyl and have downloaded the mp3's. I have received Vol. 2 vinyl. Vol. 3 shows that it will be delivered Monday December 16th. Just curious when 2 and / or 3 will be available for download.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well i've just had a fun text conversation with a friend. He basically only likes the chart stuff and indie music but just asked for NIN recommendations because of the Watchmen score, so that's 2 people this year have asked what NIN stuff they should listen to after hearing stuff from scores/old town road.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well i've just had a fun text conversation with a friend. He basically only likes the chart stuff and indie music but just asked for NIN recommendations because of the Watchmen score, so that's 2 people this year have asked what NIN stuff they should listen to after hearing stuff from scores/old town road.
    Out of interest, what did you recommend? Personally if they were a pop person I’d probably go with either PHM or Hesitation Marks or With Teeth? However I’ve seen plenty of Spotify playlists that might hit the mark

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Out of interest, what did you recommend? Personally if they were a pop person I’d probably go with either PHM or Hesitation Marks or With Teeth? However I’ve seen plenty of Spotify playlists that might hit the mark
    Considering their tastes and that they were really into the Watchmen score i went With Teeth and the Trilogy first and see how they got on, The trilogy being the closest to the Watchmen's sound out of everything. They were saying apple was recommending TDS, which seemed fucking nuts considering it must already know their music tastes as much as i do!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    After sitting with Vol. 2 for a bit, I have to say I like Vol. 1 better. Between "Orphans of Krypton", "Nun With Etc. Etc.", "The Brick", and "Watch Over This Boy" there's no competition for me. The Garson piece and the jazz is interesting, but Vol. 1 just feels more dynamic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    I picked the cheapest which was Standard shipping and still cost me $36 USD. So you can imagine my disgust when I saw the email telling me I owed them another $20 CAD this morning for customs fees.

By the time you convert $36 USD to CAD and then add another $20 CAD on top of that I basically paid twice for the Bird Box OST.

It sucks but at least it arrived unlike my Watchmen Volume 1 which was destroyed in transit. I've read others say that their Watchmen Volume 1 arrived damaged which makes me wonder how damaged mine was for them to send it back before it even got to me.
    Think you weren’t lucky. My bird box got delivered to my house and never got a email for customs fees.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That fucking music in the finale of last night's episode. Holy shit. Can't wait to hear that track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by less<than View Post
    super jealous some of you received volume 2. I ordered all three on day 1, and Volume 1 showed up fine. This round though, I have watched all 4 of my "arriving today by 8pm" delivery promises come and go.

update: on my 5th delayed delivery date revision Vol2 arrived today finally!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The next album is “The Manhattan Project”. Apparently it’s about the history of The Nine Inch Nails... One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to is also a writer on Watchmen. He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1219263074
    Last edited by NIN64; 12-09-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!
    That was no slip! "I hope Trent Reznor doesn't get mad but..."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    That was no slip! "I hope Trent Reznor doesn't get mad but..."
    Trent Reznor doesn’t get mad...he gets Emmys...

Also, that track from the end of episode 8 has GOT to be called “The Moment”.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The next album is “The Manhattan Project”. Apparently it’s about the history of The Nine Inch Nails... One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to is also a writer on Watchmen. He let this slip at the end of today’s episode!

Hell yes. I had a feeling it would be the Manhattan documentary, but didn't see the TNIN aspect coming at all.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Canadian frenz, vol. 2 and 3 are up on Amazon.ca with a simultaneous release date of the 20th. Vol 1 is currently unavailable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Can we get a timestamp? I might go back and listen to the whole thing (big Twin Peaks fan), but haven't got the time right now.

EDIT: It starts at 2:21:58
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 12-10-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Can we get a timestamp? I might go back and listen to the whole thing (big Twin Peaks fan), but haven't got the time right now.

EDIT: It starts at 2:21:58
    For folks without the skip-ahead button right now, this is the relevant money-shot reveal about the Vol. 3 liner notes:

"It tells you the history of Nine Inch Nails, as they exist in Watchmen world... and how their fates intersected with the legacy of Dr. Manhattan's absence from the world. They were called The Nine Inch Nails, as they are in Twin Peaks, which means that yes, Watchmen and Twin Peaks occupy the same world."

(wipes splooge off glasses)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Canadian frenz, vol. 2 and 3 are up on Amazon.ca with a simultaneous release date of the 20th. Vol 1 is currently unavailable.
    It’s been up on amazon.ca since nov 7. Volume 1 was back up last week. My volume 2 has a shipping date of Jan 2-24 and volume 1 of Jan 28 and nothing for volume 3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    For folks without the skip-ahead button right now, this is the relevant money-shot reveal about the Vol. 3 liner notes:

"It tells you the history of Nine Inch Nails, as they exist in Watchmen world... and how their fates intersected with the legacy of Dr. Manhattan's absence from the world. They were called The Nine Inch Nails, as they are in Twin Peaks, which means that yes, Watchmen and Twin Peaks occupy the same world."

I knew it. Prepare for an avalanche of backstories.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 12-10-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I knew it. Prepare for an avalanch of backstories.
    How much you wanna bet that Tapeworm came out in this alternate reality?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This has been on my mind ever since The Nine Inch Nails were explicitly written into the Watchmen universe...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    How hilarious would it be if they allude to it being a masterpiece and say something like "it would be a shame if they had shelved it, but lucky for us, Maynard changed Trent's mind."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I cannot wait for Vol. 3 to get here, holy shit. That sounds so cool. Plus the Life on Mars? cover, of course.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

I just I just I just... oh my fucking god. I can NOT wait to read everything on that fucking record when it arrives. This is like sensory overload.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I just I just I just... oh my fucking god. I can NOT wait to read everything on that fucking record when it arrives. This is like sensory overload.
    Right? I mean, there could possibly be holes in this theory if you consider the Mark Frost spin-off novels canonical, but it FEELS right somehow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vol 1 was available on Amazon.ca this morning for about 15 minutes. Aaaaaand it’s gone. Damn. Hope they restock soon.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I've been getting the daily emails from Target this week pushing my Vol 2 delivery date. December 13 became December 16 and now December 17. Shrug.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Also looking forward to the creative ways they obscure his wang.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Also looking forward to the creative ways they obscure his wang.
    I don't think they will obscure his "wang." First of all, this is HBO. Second, they already had a 'wang" in full-frontal view in an early episode, and they weren't shy about it. And it was a real "wang" and not a CG one like in the movie.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I don't think they will obscure his "wang." First of all, this is HBO. Second, they already had a 'wang" in full-frontal view in an early episode, and they weren't shy about it. And it was a real "wang" and not a CG one like in the movie.
    What they show on HBO is not necessarily suitable for the supplemental material for an "album" designed to exist in the Watchmen "world" (the subject of this thread).