Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Are they doing the American Hero Story music?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I called customer service. Same deal as you, they say it's not a charge but a hold and that it is in fact backordered with an estimated nov 21 date. Apparently the app saying my order shipped is incorrect.
    Man I regret cancelling my entire Amazon order. I wish I'd just canceled 2 and 3 and ordered those with something else from Target. Ah well.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Man I regret cancelling my entire Amazon order. I wish I'd just canceled 2 and 3 and ordered those with something else from Target. Ah well.
    I'm fine with the delay. I've got the digital through iMusic and the free third volume was a nice deal sweetener. I was more wondering why they had charged me for something not shipping for another 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm fine with the delay. I've got the digital through iMusic and the free third volume was a nice deal sweetener. I was more wondering why they had charged me for something not shipping for another 2 weeks.
    I've been holding out listening because I'd prefer to listen to the vinyl first, but I probably will just stream it now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, now that I have really had time to digest this I think it is really great. Probably third in my top 3 OST releases (behind Before the Flood and Social Network), but I will have to wait and rate it as a whole when the other parts are released. I think the reason I like it so much is that it sounds more like instrumental nin / HTDA than a score given the prominent beats and individuality of the songs.

Minor complaints:

I think the the audio from the show works in this context as a "comic book" soundtrack, but given how short this is I would have preferred an extra 4 minutes of straight music.

I have no problem with breaking up the releases, but again only 33-ish minutes of straight score is a little short and I hope the next two releases are a little longer. It does make listening easier to digest initially (not long term), but 3 vinyl purchases and potentially three digital purchases... eh.

I feel like some of the tracks would really work longer... it is quite funny because in the interviews recently Trent mentioned that they work with complete pieces and edit them to fit the show. I think he said something like 3-10 minute pieces. However, I feel like the score he is talking about feels much more like a traditional score with very short pieces even though there would have been plenty of space on the release for extended versions.

Object in Mirror... / Kattle Battle and Owl Hunts Rat are the highlights for me

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    Thanks !! Weirdly if I type all incarnations I can think of "watchmen Trent" "HBO watchmen" watchmen volume 1"" in search engine nothing comes up..how did you find it?
    I guess I trained the Amazon algorithms pretty well, as it was recommended to me in their email blast earlier this week. Going to buy it from an indie store instead, of course.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's there now. It will also be in Canadian record stores, I've been asking.
    Thanks! Only volume 1?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Thanks! Only volume 1?
    I've heard from a couple retailers that they will be trying to get all three volumes as soon as they can but they can't guarantee they'll all be there on their release day. Don't see listings for Vol. 2 & 3 on Amazon.ca, at least not yet.
    Last edited by botley; 11-07-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've heard from a couple retailers that they will be trying to get all three volumes as soon as they can but they can't guarantee they'll all be there on their release day. Don't see listings for Vol. 2 & 3 on Amazon.ca, at least not yet.
    I see. I put my order in for amazon but I’m waiting on my local record store to reply back to my email (they just moved and closed for the week and open tomorrow). So I might cancel my amazon order.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Vol. 2 = currently unavailable

Vol. 3 = $34.83 (CDN) - December 20, 2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Beat me to it lol. Guess only way to find them is Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross search from volume 1.

Volume 1 is now $28.07 atm.
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 11-07-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welp, my Amazon pre-order finally showed up today.... and the corner is all bent up and creased thanks to their strange packaging choices. And they're unable to replace because that edition is technically not in stock. (Only the 11/8 release is.)

Anyone have similar issues with their pre-orders, or had success getting a replacement)?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbishop View Post
    Welp, my Amazon pre-order finally showed up today.... and the corner is all bent up and creased thanks to their strange packaging choices. And they're unable to replace because that edition is technically not in stock. (Only the 11/8 release is.)

Anyone have similar issues with their pre-orders, or had success getting a replacement)?
    Will they exchange it for the other version once it's released on 11/8?

The way they've structured this set of releases is baffling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I am such a big fan that I will blindly just buy anything... that being said, I think it is quite bold to say "here is a thing with no track listing, no running time, no cover, no description of version or how limited, a vague indication that other versions / digital will be available at some point..."

If this were any other band I would probably be angry about it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Beat me to it lol. Guess only way to find them is Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross search from volume 1.

Volume 1 is now $28.07 atm.
    Hey, buy it with Bad Witch and get free shipping!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This soundtrack is very good and I enjoyed listening to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hey, buy it with Bad Witch and get free shipping!
    Lol I have Bad Witch and I am a prime member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't walk down that path yet, since they weren't certain that the two releases were identical. I would be able to return the damaged pre-order version for a refund and could just order the 11/8 release, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone get Amazon.ca shipping notice? I have release date pending but also the item is also temporarily out of stock. So I have no idea anymore.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ordered from Target on Wednesday, says Volume 1 is out for delivery today. But volume 1 no longer appears to be for sale on Target anymore only 2 & 3.

Lucky I guess...
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 11-08-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really do rate this score pretty highly, though i have no idea where i'd rate it against the other scores (again it's like rating NIN albums, my favourite changes depending on my mood/what the weather is doing) but i'm going to have to restrict how much i'm listening to it or else i'm going to completely numb myself to it before vol 2 is even here...but it is SO DAMN GOOD to listen too. Haven't had music inspire to draw this much in awhile!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, Loving the score. I'm not gunna lie, when I first opened the damn thing up and was looking it over and saw that songs were written by 'Chris Deschaines' I was like "fuck, did i order the wrong version or something??" - which I think was the reaction that T+A were going for - but knowing Trent and the whole YZ ARG, It kinda dawned upon me what was going on.

So after listening (and being extremely fucking impressed) I went to 'de interwebz' and saw that review posted on NIN.com from birth-death-movies. I see that in their review they posted pics of this yellow envelopment enclosed with the real track listing/credits and a cool little note from T+A. I went back to check my packaging to se that my package ( which I ordered from Amazon) did not include this. Has anyone who ordered from Amazon received this yellow envelopment with their vinyl order??
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 11-08-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Wow, Loving the score. I'm not gunna lie, when I first opened the damn thing up and was looking it over and saw that songs were written by 'Chris Deschaines' I was like "fuck, did i order the wrong version or something??" but knowing Trent and the whole YZ ARG, It kinda dawned upon me what was going on.
    So after listening (and being extremely fucking impressed) I went to 'de interwebz' and saw that review posted on NIN.com from birth-death-movies. I see that in their review they posted pics of this yellow envelopment enclosed with the real track listing/credits and a cool little note from T+A. I went back to check my packaging to se that my package ( which I ordered from Amazon) did not include this. Has anyone who ordered from Amazon received this yellow envelopment with their vinyl order??
    That was posted on Twitter originally and the guy who posted it said he got a press copy. AFAIK no regular copies from Amazon or anywhere else contain that sheet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ahhhh ok thanks for clearing that up, I guess that would've taken away the fun with the original guess-work I was experiencing after I first opened the thing up

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Really engaging score.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    also, I forgot to mention How disappointed I was to see no DL card included like in the most recent NIN vinyl releases. I'm loving the vinyl medium/experience but I'd also like to listen to these beautiful tunes on-the-go. Is there any way to download the digital version of these tunes without having to shell out more money?? I feel that if I purchased the vinyl copy the digital copies of the tracks should be made available to me. Did I miss an email with the link to them or something??
    I purchased from Amazon BTW

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think they should have included download codes for the vinyl copies, as well. Or at least emails with download links like they did with Deviations.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No sign of this on Amazon UK yet, though they have the files now.

It has just popped up on Merchbar though, on 'back order' apparently, so they'll have them in a week or two (link).

The price ordering from the US is still cheaper than the UK nin store! But if they pop up on Amazon in the mean time I'll cancel the order.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    Vol 2 and 3 up for pre order on Amazon.ca
    Guess volume 2 was in available now to preorder but now Amazon.ca listing for volume 1 is gone and only from marketplaces.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Is there any way to download the digital version of these tunes without having to shell out more money??
    Officially, no. Unofficially, of course.