Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm hoping for a shitton of music. If this was scored as a 9-hour movie, this might be more than Vietnam War, since that had a bunch of already-released NIN/TRAR music.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I'm hoping for a shitton of music. If this was scored as a 9-hour movie, this might be more than Vietnam War, since that had a bunch of already-released NIN/TRAR music.
    The fact that they seemed to be really excited about it bodes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

HBO's Watchmen series

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3xsXpCB...d=9t1pyjxl14tm

I love that for as cool as Trent is — and for as long as he’s been standing on stages and posing for stuff — he still manages to be super awkward sometimes.

EDIT: Click the link to see the thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3xsXpCB...d=9t1pyjxl14tm

I love that for as cool as Trent is — and for as long as he’s been standing on stages and posing for stuff — he still manages to be super awkward sometimes.

EDIT: Click the link to see the thing.
    He's gonna make a withdraaawl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose the background music to this video is from the soundtrack as well:

BTW there are a bunch of short promo clips @ https://www.instagram.com/watchmen/ which all seem to feature excerpts from the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Fuck me it’s good...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, that was better than expected!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I need this soundtrack now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thoroughly enjoyed the premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Soundtrack is banging, by the way.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Liking the show so far. It's appreciably very weird, and manages to nail the eclectic nature of the source material.

Trent and Atticus of course have their text book sound here, I wasn't expecting much else. Two of the tracks here sound more explicitly NIN-ey than I'm used to from their scores, I thought that was cool.

Of course there is this effect my familiarity with their stuff has where it's can be a bit distracting from focusing on what's going on in the show/movie, but this isn't their fault.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    IMO, if there quality of the rest of the score is at the same level as it was in this episode, it'll be the best able they've ever done. This was like TSN good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    dumb question I'm sure has been asked and answered a lot - do I need to have any familiarity with Watchmen to view this? I've seen the movie but years ago and haven't read the comic... am I doing myself a disservice? Is it going to be complete jibberish to me or will the characters be "introduced"?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    dumb question I'm sure has been asked and answered a lot - do I need to have any familiarity with Watchmen to view this? I've seen the movie but years ago and haven't read the comic... am I doing myself a disservice? Is it going to be complete jibberish to me or will the characters be "introduced"?
    You can watch this without having read the comic OR seen the movie, but you will miss alot of the references and be in the dark about things for longer than the rest of us. You'll get the answers you need eventually, but if you're familiar with the source material, things will come together quicker for you.

I echo the sentiments above about how good this episode was, both the actual story as well as Trent & Atticusss's's''eses' phenomenal score. STRONG Social Network vibes, part. on the one track with the 4/4 beat. And you will def. spot some of their signature piano, synth and guitar sounds.

I watched Snyder's Watchmen movie again today for a quick refresher before starting the series (quicker than re-reading Watchmen at least). Regardless of your thoughts on his movie good or bad, you have to acknowledge that is a VERY faithful rendtion of the source material. It stays very close, even line for line & shot for shot at many points. Yes the ending is changed a bit, but as long as you recall was Ozy's original cataclysm idea was in the comic, you're all set before watching this episode (and yes, that comes up in a very fun way in the first episode!). I def. recommend watching the movie and then watching the episode. You'll get alot more out of the show imo.

On a potentially related note, DC has postponed releasing Doomsday Clock #12 until the end of December, after this first season of the show is over. Might just be for marketing purposes & not storywise (part. considering the plot of this series has the Watchmen universe & DC superhero universe spilling into each other, and the show isn't going there i'm sure), but something to keep your eye on.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Also, unless told otherwise by Lindelolf, I'm going to assume that the Miami Vice universe & this are the same and everything that happened there is canon for Don Johnson's character.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Snyder movie is completely faithful on the surface, but an all out assault on the spirit of the source material.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really want to watch this, but we don't have HBO in the UK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I really want to watch this, but we don't have HBO in the UK
    I thought Sky Atlantic were going to be showing it from today or next Monday? Can get that via NowTV if you don't have/want a Sky sub.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    I thought Sky Atlantic were going to be showing it from today or next Monday? Can get that via NowTV if you don't have/want a Sky sub.
    Oh sweet, i'll look into that. Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @Haysey You can get a 7 day free trial now and then it will charge on 28th October - if you just want to see the pilot

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You can watch this without having read the comic OR seen the movie, but you will miss alot of the references and be in the dark about things for longer than the rest of us. You'll get the answers you need eventually, but if you're familiar with the source material, things will come together quicker for you.

I echo the sentiments above about how good this episode was, both the actual story as well as Trent & Atticusss's's''eses' phenomenal score. STRONG Social Network vibes, part. on the one track with the 4/4 beat. And you will def. spot some of their signature piano, synth and guitar sounds.

I watched Snyder's Watchmen movie again today for a quick refresher before starting the series (quicker than re-reading Watchmen at least). Regardless of your thoughts on his movie good or bad, you have to acknowledge that is a VERY faithful rendtion of the source material. It stays very close, even line for line & shot for shot at many points. Yes the ending is changed a bit, but as long as you recall was Ozy's original cataclysm idea was in the comic, you're all set before watching this episode (and yes, that comes up in a very fun way in the first episode!). I def. recommend watching the movie and then watching the episode. You'll get alot more out of the show imo.

On a potentially related note, DC has postponed releasing Doomsday Clock #12 until the end of December, after this first season of the show is over. Might just be for marketing purposes & not storywise (part. considering the plot of this series has the Watchmen universe & DC superhero universe spilling into each other, and the show isn't going there i'm sure), but something to keep your eye on.
    I don't recommend the movie at all without having read the comic. The movie looks good and is a fun watch, but completely misses most of the messages in the book. That said, the ending of the movie might actually be better than the book, but you'll DEFINITELY want to know the book ending when watching this show.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by worzelg View Post
    @haysey you can get a 7 day free trial now and then it will charge on 28th october - if you just want to see the pilot
    awesome!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    awesome!
    Trying to do this now, and realised only Sky Cinema is available on my youview / BT player. BUT luckily I have a PS4 so I think if you have PS4 or XBox it’s ok - also I think you can stream it online, not sure

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Related to the actual event(s) depicted in the opening of the premiere: Washington Post

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Where did you get that ?

edit : in the closing credits of the first episode
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 10-21-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    I suppose the background music to this video is from the soundtrack as well:

BTW there are a bunch of short promo clips @ https://www.instagram.com/watchmen/ which all seem to feature excerpts from the soundtrack.
    "The most difficult thing when drawing is the second eye" this is the most on point comment i'd heard all week! Also FUCK HANDS!

Music sounds bloody wonderful so far!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    damn these have been taken down by a copyright claim, but thanks anyway!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Um.....in the NIN store right now: https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...men-soundtrack

Edit:
    Last edited by cdm; 10-21-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That's a lot of music! Yeep!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Surely the vinyl includes a download code?