Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,259 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Got a spare 4.5 hours?
    This guy has some fairly interesting ideas. And, there is obviously a LOT here.
    Some of it is quite a reach, but I definitely agree with other parts, and this dude expounds on a few thoughts some of us have already had.

Even if you don't buy any of it, if you're like me, you're a sucker for a well researched Twin Peaks deep dive.
    It's a well articulated, well written, HUGE theory, at any rate, and the guy is clearly an insanely passionate, fairly intelligent dude.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-26-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Got a spare 4.5 hours?
    Some of it is quite a reach, but I definitely agree with other parts, and this dude expounds on a few thoughts some of us have already had.

Even if you don't buy any of it, if you're like me, you're a sucker for a well researched Twin Peaks deep dive.
    It's a well articulated, well written, HUGE theory, at any rate, and the guy is clearly an insanely passionate, fairly intelligent dude.
    I saw it, it's a really interesting watch, obviously it could be called an interpretation and not a definitive explanation, but i really liked it and i think he makes some great points.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Got a spare 4.5 hours?

This video makes me really interested as to what NIN's trilogy releases were (originally) supposed to be.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This video makes me really interested as to what NIN's trilogy releases were (originally) supposed to be.
    Wanna watch a long youtube video of theories about The Trilogy and its relation to Twin Peaks ?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Wanna watch a long youtube video of theories about The Trilogy and its relation to Twin Peaks ?
    sign me up.
    For the record, I'm 99% sure CBH is about Twin Peaks, and 99.5% sure SGA is, also

Edit: lol @henryeatscereal , I was originally gonna tag you in that original post, because I knew you'd watch all of it, like I did
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-03-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    SGA was written specifically for TP wasn't it? The lyrics certainly seem related to Laura.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    SGA was written specifically for TP wasn't it? The lyrics certainly seem related to Laura.
    you know, i wasn't sure about that. it certainly seems likely, but, at the time, it seemed like it was part of a concept album, you know?

has there been confirmation as to whether or not it was specifically written for TP?

i agree that the lyrics certainly fit, as does the timing, and the part where it was on the show. but i gotta admit that, even though you're probably right, i wasn't looking at it that way at first

edit: nevermind. yeah, it was confirmed, and i missed it. :/
    actually, tbh, i FORGOT about it.

Ok, but what about CBH? i don't think THAT one was confirmed, but the lyrics fit cooper's perspective, imho, and lynch directed the video, of course, and it looks to me like t-rez is playing cooper in the video
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-03-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    you know, i wasn't sure about that. it certainly seems likely, but, at the time, it seemed like it was part of a concept album, you know?

has there been confirmation as to whether or not it was specifically written for TP?

i agree that the lyrics certainly fit, as does the timing, and the part where it was on the show. but i gotta admit that, even though you're probably right, i wasn't looking at it that way at first

edit: nevermind. yeah, it was confirmed, and i missed it. :/
    actually, tbh, i FORGOT about it.

Ok, but what about CBH? i don't think THAT one was confirmed, but the lyrics fit cooper's perspective, imho, and lynch directed the video, of course, and it looks to me like t-rez is playing cooper in the video
    This breakdown suggests Hesitation Marks as a whole is a tribute to Twin Peaks, and by extension, The Downward Spiral. This was written after the first 4 episodes; no clue if this guy continued his hypothesis. There is a decent breakdown of the "Came Back Haunted" video.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Edit: lol @henryeatscereal , I was originally gonna tag you in that original post, because I knew you'd watch all of it, like I did
    It took me like 5 days but i did it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    It seems it is about Laura, "Reptile", also seems to be about her...

In the "Not The Actual Events" Physical component a fragment of "Reptile" is embedded on the "She's Gone Away" lyric sheet (Though, i do consider that song more like "Bob's point of view...")

All of this reminded me of this great fan video:

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It took me like 5 days but i did it, lol

It seems it is about Laura, "Reptile", also seems to be about her...

In the "Not The Actual Events" Physical component a fragment of "Reptile" is embedded on the "She's Gone Away" lyric sheet (Though, i do consider that song more like "Bob's point of view...")

All of this reminded me of this great fan video:

I also caught a "you can never really go home" vibe from The Return, and a sort of sadness about things being gone/not the same.

And THAT fits with the lyric "she's gone away," as in Laura, AND the original vibe of the show.

Also, the lyric about "can't get the feeling back."

I wonder if that relates, too. I felt like part of the theme of season 3 was that twin peaks isn't twin peaks anymore, sort of.

But I would suggest that 4.5 hour YouTube video to any twin peaks fanatic. I don't agree that this is the "final word/mystery solved," and it is a LITTLE annoying that the youtuber presents it as such, but he does make a LOT of good points.

Edit: holy shit, @henryeatscereal , I never thought of reptile lining up with TP. Now THAT'S interesting.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Edit: holy shit, @henryeatscereal , I never thought of reptile lining up with TP. Now THAT'S interesting.
    Could be it was "Inspired by..." and not literally about Laura and TP, but it does seem there is a strong connection and it makes sense Trent would already have a song inspired by TP way before he met Lynch.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    Reptile samples Laura's theme
    we talked about it in a different thread and someone was being very pedantic about it (not me) and pointed out that it's technically an interpolation (as it's not sampled, it's actually played). but yeah, i think there's no denying that reptile and she's gone away are intrinsically linked to both twin peaks and each other.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we talked about it in a different thread and someone was being very pedantic about it (not me) and pointed out that it's technically an interpolation (as it's not sampled, it's actually played). but yeah, i think there's no denying that reptile and she's gone away are intrinsically linked to both twin peaks and each other.
    well I'll be damned.

it's also interesting to me that there are inexorable links between David Lynch, David Bowie, and NIN-I feel like Outside is pretty damn lynchian.
    It seems like those guys all sort of got each other.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kyle MacLachlan is hosting a virtual ‘Twin Peaks’ viewing party
    https://www.nme.com/news/tv/kyle-mac...-party-2641167

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    got a light?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Dougie Jones lost his Senate seat, I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been waiting for this

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Love the RLM guys, they truly love and get Lynch

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I had another Monica Bellucci dream.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The fuck's going on, erbody: i'm elevenoe, and i'll be here from time to time.

My wife is a casual to hardcore NIN fan, having been married to a clinical NIN fan for going on 9 years.
    She's also a die hard Twin Peaks fan.

SO.

We were listening to NTAE in the car the other day, and i mentioned that She's Gone Away was written for The Return.
    And she said, "Honey, this entire EP is about the return. Was that not made clear on your fan site or whatever? It's fucking blatantly obvious."

And, SO.

I took another listen to it.

And i certainly can't say that it ISN'T.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Reading back through this thread around the time The Return was announced and in development is a trip. Everyone's theories were SO wrong lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    someone at my treatment program today saw my owl symbol tattoo for the first time (because of the dress i'm wearing) and FLIPPED OUT. made me so happy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Before Twin Peaks' Laura Palmer, There Was the Mystery of Hazel Drew

https://gizmodo.com/before-twin-peak...y-o-1848335256

(sorry if this info was posted already)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I knew about the murder of Hazel and how it inspired Twin Peaks but thanks for that link. Because now I have a new book to buy.

I'm fascinated by those old cases and I wish they could be solved; not for our somewhat morbid curiosity but for the sake of the relatives of these victims.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I knew about the murder of Hazel and how it inspired Twin Peaks but thanks for that link. Because now I have a new book to buy.

I'm fascinated by those old cases and I wish they could be solved; not for our somewhat morbid curiosity but for the sake of the relatives of these victims.
    i just bought the book from amazon UK, it was only £4.99!
    should arrive tomorrow

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Posted on Criterion's Twitter:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actor...nes-polaroids/