Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    But, wouldn't have Desmond have left the lodge at some point, or do you think he ended up in the white lodge, and simply is dead? And what about bowie's character? Seems apparent that he was also in the black lodge, got out, then disappeared (?). Amazing series.
    Apparently there's a theory and it does make sense if you think about it that Jeffries (Bowie's character).... once he was in the black lodge was aware that the version of Cooper that got out of the waiting room at the end of Season 2 was infact a Bob inhabited doppelganger. This is why he points at Cooper in the movie and says "Who do you think this is there!?", however i don't think that he was particularly aware of what point in time he had arrived at since obviously the events of Season 2 had not occurred yet (yet at the same time they had, hence Annie Blackburn showing up to Laura and all that).

Definitely a mind bending show.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Cool theory, i also understand that space-time continumm does not apply in the Black Lodge, so in a way Jeffries could have warned Cooper way early of his abduction...

Off topic: I was listening to this song on my way to the work today, how awesome is the last sample of Pete Marttell's voice...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Twin Peaks

Gonna have to watch it again. Jefferies was definitely "out of it". Wonder where he disappeared off to... he disappears almost as quick as he appears.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, I just realized I own Season Two on DVD and have for years but still have yet to both to get or buy Season One D:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So, I just realized I own Season Two on DVD and have for years but still have yet to both to get or buy Season One D:
    the whole series is on netflix, if you've got that!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    These are great little parodies/tributes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Twin Peaks

That scooby doo one was awesome. And that man in red sounds incredibly identical to the original. Wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That scooby doo one was awesome. And that man in red sounds incredibly identical to the original. Wouldn't be surprised if it's him.
    it's not him, but it was awesome. i saw it the other day and could not help my jaw from hanging open the whole time.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^ those parodies are great, specially when Homer is watching, hahaha...

I also love this one:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is a super necro post, but I've just watched the whole show and the movie. Twin Peaks is the greatest show I've ever experienced, David Lynch is a mastermind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The whole shebang is released on blu-ray soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-E.../dp/B00H9BFV98

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...cenes-trailer/ (scroll down page for full disc content)

Also, the soundtrack is being released on Death Waltz Records http://www.factmag.com/2014/02/12/tw...n-death-waltz/

Exciting time for TP nuts.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    The whole shebang is released on blu-ray soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-E.../dp/B00H9BFV98

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...cenes-trailer/ (scroll down page for full disc content)

Also, the soundtrack is being released on Death Waltz Records http://www.factmag.com/2014/02/12/tw...n-death-waltz/

Exciting time for TP nuts.
    had no idea about the soundtracks! that's exciting!!!

so glad i pre-ordered the blu-ray box set when i did (at $90) because it's $120, now. love that pre-order price guarantee.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really want it. But that's a little too much money for two seasons.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I really want it. But that's a little too much money for two seasons.
    two seasons AND the movie, plus a ton of bonus features.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'll probably get it eventually. Hopefully it's full/wide screen (16:9) unlike the gold box (4:3)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'll probably get it eventually. Hopefully it's full/wide screen (16:9) unlike the gold box (4:3)
    if netflix has it in widescreen (which it does), the blu-rays will DEFINITELY be in widescreen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if netflix has it in widescreen (which it does), the blu-rays will DEFINITELY be in widescreen.
    That's news to me. When I watched it on netflix, it was only 4:3. Maybe it was my tv.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's news to me. When I watched it on netflix, it was only 4:3. Maybe it was my tv.
    Same here...... I'm seeing 4:3

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    How do you even expect an early 90s' show to be in widescreen? Cropped at the top and bottom?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's a television show made in the early 90's. It's not gonna be 16:9 unless they crop it, which would be disgusting. You, on the other hand, can crop it yourself if you locate the aspect ratio function on your tv. Apologies if this comes off as dickish.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    How do you even expect an early 90s' show to be in widescreen? Cropped at the top and bottom?
    The same way people remaster tv shows and film from way back? Maybe I'm getting it wrong. But, when I watched it on netflix, it only took up the middle of the screen. So maybe it's the resolution and I'm getting my wording wrong. But, if you can successfully do it for movies and shows from the 70s, why not a tv show from the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    It's a television show made in the early 90's. It's not gonna be 16:9 unless they crop it, which would be disgusting. You, on the other hand, can crop it yourself if you locate the aspect ratio function on your tv. Apologies if this comes off as dickish.
    Nah, Not at all.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ok, maybe i'm hallucinating. it's been over a year since i finished watching it on netflix.

anyway, most shows from back then weren't filmed with the intention of being in widescreen, so there's often visible equipment or other things in what would normally be the widescreen field of view that would make it look terrible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    had no idea about the soundtracks! that's exciting!!!
    Did you get a hold of the Twin Peaks music archive? http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/...e-david-lynch/ It's a staggering collection. It's download only, and still available (I think).
    I'm looking forward to the vinyl release of the soundtrack on Death Waltz though, their releases are top quality.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks started out great. Up until you find out who killed Laura Palmer the show was really gripping and well-done. The "who-done-it,"
    off-beat characters, music, etc. was just perfect. After her killer is revealed, however, the quality of the show really declined. The writers were like "now what?" and the rest of season 2 was filled with a lot of half-baked stories that went nowhere. Still, the show started off great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Season two was all over the place. Jumping from story to story. Countless guest stars. After they revealed the killer, it definitely dropped in quality. But, it picked back up towards the end.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I confess i like the "second part" of season 2, right after they revealed Laura's killer, the "alien abduction" and the whole "spelunking in the owl cave" are intriguing

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My opinion, it felt like the Lynch factor completely dropped out of the show after Laura's plotline was resolved, leaving the show as a cookie soap/comedy. When the Lynch factor returned towards the end, it felt like too little too late.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That one guy thinking that he was a Civil War general (or something along those lines) was a definite low-point of the show, as one poster pointed out a few pages ago. Definitely a frustrating show as there were some real highs and lows.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The low point was James and Evelyn. Every time that plot came on screen, I felt physically nauseous. At least Ben Horne's breakdown/Civil War shenanigans was mildly amusing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    The low point was James and Evelyn. Every time that plot came on screen, I felt physically nauseous. At least Ben Horne's breakdown/Civil War shenanigans was mildly amusing.
    when i first started watching the series, my fiancee was all "ugh, james" and i didn't understand, because he seems pretty ok in the first few episodes. but by the end of season one, i was kind of like "whatever, james" and then when that shit happened in season two, every time it would switch to his story-line, we would both go "ughhhhhhhhhhhh JAMES" out loud.

and i think ben's civil war breakdown is extremely entertaining, i just think it lasted a bit too long.