Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,251 of 1251

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    I bought "The Final Dossier" a few weeks ago, i'm enjoying it a lot!
    Is "The Secret Story of TP" as good? i'm planning to buy too

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    @InsecureSpike looks like shitty toblerone

Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I bought "The Final Dossier" a few weeks ago, i'm enjoying it a lot!
    Is "The Secret Story of TP" as good? i'm planning to buy too
    it's GREAT, but in a wildly different way. The books are very, very different. While TFD is a short, concise, epilogue of sorts, The Secret History is a much longer, rambling exercise in world building. It connects the world of Twin Peaks to everything from Lewis and Clark to Richard Nixon to old UFO conspiracies and the illuminati and Crowley.

So to answer your question, YES, it IS as good. But it's WAY more about mysteries than giving answers.

Ultimately, it's canon. It's written by Mark and features Twin Peaks throughout. And it's also in universe: it's another document from within the twin peaks world.

You personally @henryeatscereal ? You will fucking LOVE it I think, just as I did. And you MIGHT like it better, just because it's much longer!
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-01-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @InsecureSpike looks like shitty toblerone
    yup I think you are right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it's GREAT, but in a wildly different way. The books are very, very different. While TFD is a short, concise, epilogue of sorts, The Secret History is a much longer, rambling exercise in world building. It connects the world of Twin Peaks to everything from Lewis and Clark to Richard Nixon to old UFO conspiracies and the illuminati and Crowley.

So to answer your question, YES, it IS as good. But it's WAY more about mysteries than giving answers.

Ultimately, it's canon. It's written by Mark and features Twin Peaks throughout. And it's also in universe: it's another document from within the twin peaks world.

You personally @henryeatscereal ? You will fucking LOVE it I think, just as I did. And you MIGHT like it better, just because it's much longer!
    @henryeatscereal - my favorite part of those books, even though it bothers some folks, is that they are somewhat inconsistent with the timeline, ages of characters, etc. And I love that because it makes it feel like more of a human document than anything else. That's my two cents with it. I adore both of those books because of the doors they opened since I was getting into Twin Peaks for the first time last year. I couldn't put down the Final Dossier when it arrived in the mail.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Also the inconsistencies make a ton of sense knowing what we know ("know") now

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Ok, i'll check it out! thanks! @elevenism @ltrandazzo

I did noticed inconsistencies while reading TFD, but they didn't bother me; it's not like they don't make any sense, actually if you "adjust" the dates and continuity they fit perfectly.

So weird that Audrey "woke up" from that coma, that means she's in a mental institution or something? i thought she was asleep during "The return".

Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Ok, i'll check it out! thanks! @elevenism @ltrandazzo

I did noticed inconsistencies while reading TFD, but they didn't bother me; it's not like they don't make any sense, actually if you "adjust" the dates and continuity they fit perfectly.

So weird that Audrey "woke up" from that coma, that means she's in a mental institution or something? i thought she was asleep during "The return".
    Well, and also, think about the whole butterfly effect aspect, what with Laura not dying. It will make your brain hurt, but it explains any inconsistencies.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-02-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well, and also, think about the whole butterfly effect aspect, what with Laura not dying. It will make your brain hurt, but it explains any inconsistencies.
    If everything fails: "A wizard did it..."

Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Lolol @henryeatscereal . But seriously, Laura not dying changes the entire history, right? Via butterfly effect.

And, aside from that, it's Lynch. We're talking about a dude who made a movie where one dude just inexplicably turns into another dude.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Been holding off on picking up The Return's soundtrack on vinyl in hopes I would find a good deal on the green variant to go along with the other 2. Finally got it as well as The Return on blu-ray.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I got my girlfriend watching Twin Peaks for the first time. We're about 12 Episodes away. God, I can't wait to see her reaction:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Mondo has a gallery showing for a series of prints Greg Ruth is doing for Twin Peaks and they are incredible. He's doing several total series so this is just a sampling of what he's doing long term. I'm struggling to figure out which ones I want to try for - https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tw...at-3-41-11-pm/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Mondo has a gallery showing for a series of prints Greg Ruth is doing for Twin Peaks and they are incredible. He's doing several total series so this is just a sampling of what he's doing long term. I'm struggling to figure out which ones I want to try for - https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tw...at-3-41-11-pm/
    I've seen these and they are beautiful. Are they only being sold at the gallery in Texas or they being sold online? They're probably way out of my price range anyway, but I'm curious.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I've seen these and they are beautiful. Are they only being sold at the gallery in Texas or they being sold online? They're probably way out of my price range anyway, but I'm curious.
    Gallery first with leftovers online afterward. Get your wallet ready.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Managed to snag one of these from Mondo last week. Limited to 300. Can't wait to hang this baby up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The moment where Alicia Witt and Caleb Landry Jones' characters are sitting at the base of a tree, after what I think is the murder of Seyfried's character, has really stuck out in my memory as of late. There's a raw element to it that feels even out of Lynch's playhouse for me because it lacks the kind of histrionics the show is known for. It's not spelled out, but you do get a feeling for what exactly is going on and is tragic to watch. I remember it really coming out of left-field for me as much as the more obvious left-field moments.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The moment where Alicia Witt and Caleb Landry Jones' characters are sitting at the base of a tree, after what I think is the murder of Seyfried's character, has really stuck out in my memory as of late. There's a raw element to it that feels even out of Lynch's playhouse for me because it lacks the kind of histrionics the show is known for. It's not spelled out, but you do get a feeling for what exactly is going on and is tragic to watch. I remember it really coming out of left-field for me as much as the more obvious left-field moments.
    Oh my god yeah, that scene was so crazy and uncomfortable and intense.

It's also pretty bleak to watch that scene and know that that is Donna's younger sister, the same girl from that unbelievable scene in the first episode of season 2 where she plays the piano while Leyland sings "Get Happy" faster and faster. In general I feel like there's this dark cloud of aging and mortality and the passage of time that hangs over everything in Season 3, making all of it feel pretty melancholy throughout. Even the more positive returns have this twinge of sadness to them. And certain characters in particular were pretty heartbreaking to see, like Audrey and of course the log lady. And yet there was something about seeing Donna's younger sister in the woods with this fucking maniac that was in some ways more upsetting than any of them. Like, here's that nice kid from season two 25 years later, and this is where her fucking life has brought her. Shit's dark.

Also, I don't think that he actually killed Becky, I think he was just out of his mind thought he had. I heard that in the Final Dossier Frost explains more about what happens with Becky after the events of S3.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/twin-peak...on-dead-at-72/

FUCK.

RIP Norma. Glad she was one of the only characters who got a happy ending with that last season. Also I had no idea Rashida Jones was her daughter. She looked fucking AMAZING for 72, as well. Legit thought she was in her 50s.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://www.dazeddigital.com/film-tv...ed-david-lynch

They're demolishing the Twin Peaks High School in July

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

put this on on saturday while my wife and i were cleaning our apartment. i vacuumed a little bit during one song and when i stopped, we realized "just you" was playing. my wife went "uh...maybe you should turn the vacuum back on. maybe vacuum the whole apartment? seems like a good time for it!" couldn't stop laughing. she fucking hates that song so much hahahahaha

anyway, otherwise, it's a fantastic collection of music that was definitely missing from any of the other vinyl releases, and i'm glad to have it. just...god i hate that cover art.