Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.09.13 Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre

Phoenix Night 1

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They played the whole broken album.... im beside myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This isn't the place was played before I'm afraid of americans. Trent mentioned that song was about Bowie.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Broken pretty much made my night. Wow!

Also that venues acoustics sounded really fucking good. Go to a show here if you’re in the Phoenix area.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I’ve been awake almost 24 hrs straight now, so I’m ready for bed, but I can’t seem to get to sleep quite yet, but also don’t have enough energy to write a full post about the show yet. However, here are the links to my (shitty) videos I got tonight, that I can’t seem to figure out how to just post here:

https://instagram.com/p/BnsxRhZDuO6/
    https://instagram.com/p/Bns1JyHDIAr/

I’m quite excited to see what all they pull out tomorrow night, now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Also that venues acoustics sounded really fucking good. Go to a show here if you’re in the Phoenix area.

this was my 4th show.... easily the best set I have seen. I feel like I saw a list of things I didnt think I would ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

I hate to be corny but hooooooooooooooooooooooly shit tonight was so special to me.... Broken... this isnt the place... acknowledging that song was about Bowie.. so many things to remember..

I can always do without survivalism, the hand that feeds, and honestly I dont need to see hurt again but... it ended the night PERFECTLY. If you are wondering if you should buy tickets for this tour... dont fucking miss out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was at the show. I almost didn’t go, and I missed Tobacco because of work, a two hour drive, crutches, and not really wanting to sit for 2 hours of driving, 3+ hours at a show, and then 2 more hours of driving... but I went, because I had tickets. And it’s Nine Inch Fucking Nails.

JAMC was amazing. That was a perfect opener.

And then when NIN opened with Pinion, I got tingles, like, oh hell... I haven’t heard this since the goddamn 90’s. And then they went into Wish and my heart felt a bit of hope, but... I’ve seen NIN enough to know... that I haven’t seen Happiness since the Further tour. But then they played Last and my heart swelled with more hope than I’ve known in ages.

And then Help Me I Am In Hell started. And I began to freak out and commented to my brother if they don’t play HiS this would be the biggest tease ever. He responded with “do you think we’ll get the hidden bonus tracks?” He clearly had more faith than I did.

And then it happened and Happiness started. And I may as well have fucking died.

This show was perfect. Jesus. I have to go tonight. I have tickets. I didn’t think I would be able I make both nights. Now I have to.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to night two, we can pretty much guaranty this isn’t “The Broken Tour That Never Happened” so bring on the surprises.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dude, holy shiiiit. Some kind soul passed me and my friend a joint right before they went on so the realization we were getting Broken all the way through (going from 'holy shit are they doing' when Last started to 'holy shit they ARE doing it' during HMIAIH) can only be described as surreal. The debut of This Isn't the Place was fantastic too. Ending with seven straight singles isn't the sort of thing I usually go for but it worked in the context of this set, and it must be said that as much as I'm over Hurt as the only ever closer I'm aware of in 9 years, this rendition sounded better than I've ever heard it and my more casual fan friend seemed to have been moved by it, so I get it.

Depending on how the rest of these setlists come out I would not rule out splurging on a LA date or two (plus a plane ticket). It wasn't the 2 and a half hour epic of years past, but assuming those are never coming back, this was about as good as it gets.

Also it's weird how I always get random cuts like 'Survivalism' (as much as I like it) and 'Only' but can't get a single performance of Somewhat Damaged.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    Dude, holy shiiiit. Some kind soul passed me and my friend a joint right before they went on so the realization we were getting Broken all the way through (going from 'holy shit are they doing' when Last started to 'holy shit they ARE doing it' during HMIAIH) can only be described as surreal. The debut of This Isn't the Place was fantastic too. Ending with seven straight singles isn't the sort of thing I usually go for but it worked in the context of this set, and it must be said that as much as I'm over Hurt as the only ever closer I'm aware of in 9 years, this rendition sounded better than I've ever heard it and my more casual fan friend seemed to have been moved by it, so I get it.

Depending on how the rest of these setlists come out I would not rule out splurging on a LA date or two (plus a plane ticket). It wasn't the 2 and a half hour epic of years past, but assuming those are never coming back, this was about as good as it gets.

Also it's weird how I always get random cuts like 'Survivalism' (as much as I like it) and 'Only' but can't get a single performance of Somewhat Damaged.
    somewhat damaged is so fucking good. i've seen them do it in the past. listening to tapes, when the sets start with it usually means a superb show. i must say starting with all of broken is pretty damn cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ryotbryant; 09-16-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Before this epic night fades anymore from my memory, I wanted to say how fucking grateful I am to have gotten to be here for this. I was hoping he'd pull out some special stuff on this tour, but wasn't letting myself get too excited, so I couldn't feel too sad if it didn't happen.

My friend and I debated going early that night, but decided just to go early to Friday's show instead. Wish we had switched that plan, but oh well. We didn't get there til about 7 on the dot, and we were in line for merch and booze the whole time Tobacco played. Got a very decent spot about six people or so back from the rail, just off center. J&MC started and ended almost exactly on time. NIN started about 5 minutes late, is all. Smoke filled the stage, as usual, and nothing could be seen at all. As I said in the spoilers thread, I told my friend just before the lights went out that I really wanted them to surprise me with some different songs that night, and I was hoping for a "Pinion" opener. When my ears recognized that THAT was then what was really being played, I immediately nudged my friend, who looked back at me with his eyes all wide and shocked, because he didn't expect them to do much different from the Vegas shows, either. Even so, when they started into "Wish", I thought "They're just gonna fuckin' tease us with this, damn it!", kind of like with the first four songs of The Fragile in Vegas that third night, and so I still didn't get my hopes up. Everybody around me was excited, people jumping and pushing, but no real pit yet, at least not near me... Then "Last" started up, and it was all chaos from there on out.

Personally, save for "The Fragile", which I guess I'm forever chasing, "Last" was the other song I was most hoping to hear this whole tour, so I was quite satisfied from there on out that night. It was exactly as awesome as I always thought it would be live. Then they just kept going with Broken, and the whole night just got better and better. I can't say I was disappointed with anything they decided to play or not play that night, the whole thing just felt like a dream. It was my 10th show, and it tops every other show I've seen them do so far. Every time that I think "that's it, I've seen their best effort, it won't get any better"... they one up themselves. I love it.

The only downside for me to the whole night were two assholes that were way too aggressive there in the pit. I'm all for being rowdy and having fun at a show, I love the feel of being crushed between people screaming at the top of their lungs along with me, and jumping in unison. That dumb stuff brings me a lot of joy. But one blonde dude was seemingly trying to ruin it for everyone, and another Khal Drogo looking motherfucker was bashing his way around, as well... if you're that damn tall, I'm sorry, but don't do that crap. Otherwise -- everything was perfection.

I uploaded most of my videos from Thursday, too. I know some people are against lots of video taking at concerts, but I enjoy rewatching mine. I would have filmed more of Happiness In Slavery, but I knew how rare that one was, and decided to enjoy the moment for that one instead.

Last edited by magnolia; 09-17-2018 at 05:30 PM.