Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.
    Plenty of the songs he's doing right now are essentially rap songs. Ahead of Ourselves and Me, I'm Not, Survivalism, etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Down In It is probably my most listened to NIN song. It manages to sound like a hip-hop jam from 1989 while also not sounding like it at the same time and I love that shit. I love the live version even more. It sounds aggressive like NIN but it maintains it's weird 90's vibe much like Sin did and I think it's why those songs stood the test of time for live shows.

I really think that something like That's What I Get or Ringfinger would be fantastic today.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 10-16-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This song hasn't sound this good since 1994.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm obsessed with the run of Shit Mirror to God Break Down the Door from the Mad Cool Festival - so glad this performance was professionally filmed and available. Really really hoping some of the US run will have some more official releases because instagram videos and iphone recordings just aren't up to the job although the video of Perfect Drug was amazing (also I know the audio for a lot of them is on ninlive but I really think the video has to be there for full effect). Has anyone seen any great video footage of these songs with Trent playing sax and a great sound?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm obsessed with the run of Shit Mirror to God Break Down the Door from the Mad Cool Festival - so glad this performance was professionally filmed and available. Really really hoping some of the US run will have some more official releases because instagram videos and iphone recordings just aren't up to the job although the video of Perfect Drug was amazing (also I know the audio for a lot of them is on ninlive but I really think the video has to be there for full effect). Has anyone seen any great video footage of these songs with Trent playing sax and a great sound?

I have no idea how, but I had no clue that this video existed. Holy shit. I want to take a whole day off work just to watch!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Down In It is probably my most listened to NIN song. It manages to sound like a hip-hop jam from 1989 while also not sounding like it at the same time and I love that shit. I love the live version even more. It sounds aggressive like NIN but it maintains it's weird 90's vibe much like Sin did and I think it's why those songs stood the test of time for live shows.

I really think that something like That's What I Get or Ringfinger would be fantastic today.
    I think Sin and Down in It are strong possibilities on this tour. Idk if Trent wants to sing "Now I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry" at age 53... Would be amusing for sure though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I have no idea how, but I had no clue that this video existed. Holy shit. I want to take a whole day off work just to watch!
    It's the only European festival that was streamed so some people captured the stream, you should check out the Downloads thread though as I'm sure people from ETS were trying to capture a TV stream from Spanish TV at some point, the full thing might be on ninlive in the best format as audio and video (this version has quite a few cut outs so there may be a better version out there)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    It's the only European festival that was streamed so some people captured the stream, you should check out the Downloads thread though as I'm sure people from ETS were trying to capture a TV stream from Spanish TV at some point, the full thing might be on ninlive in the best format as audio and video (this version has quite a few cut outs so there may be a better version out there)
    Theres a 1080 HD TV broadcast of it floating around out there, no dropouts or anything.....It was on dime last month

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like I am going to take a huge hit tomorrow.

Can’t believe no one wanted to buy a GA for faceZ. Meanwhile stubhub is smoothly moving tickets for $300 post fees

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apologies if this was posted already. But even if it's a repost, it's still fucking amazing. Best recording of TPD so far IMO and Reptile sounds great. Love Robin backing vocals at the end.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post

Can’t believe no one wanted to buy a GA for faceZ. Meanwhile stubhub is smoothly moving tickets for $300 post fees
    Where have you tried to sell them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where have you tried to sell them?
    i tried the event page here multiple
    times, facebook, and reddit. Everytime i find a buyer they balk at the price and one guy was going to buy them last night and then he didnt have enough money.

Same shit happened to me during tension. I took a hit night 2

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I realized today if they play Ruiner tonight or tomorrow that will be enough for me. Arguably the pinnacle of Trent's work:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    times, facebook, and reddit. Everytime i find a buyer they balk at the price and one guy was going to buy them last night and then he didnt have enough money.

Well looks like TM switched 1 ticket for tomorrow for tonight. I didn't save any money but I get 2 shows at least. Jeeze I hate to look at my wallet right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I realized today if they play Ruiner tonight or tomorrow that will be enough for me. Arguably the pinnacle of Trent's work:

Ruiner is honestly the main one I want to see now that I've seen HIS.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    This song hasn't sound this good since 1994.

How can you tell? The audio is like treble static.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Theres a 1080 HD TV broadcast of it floating around out there, no dropouts or anything.....It was on dime last month
    That version has yet to be hosted on ninlive. Unfortunately, I lost access to my Dime account due to inactivity and it being so old that I no longer have the email I used to sign up. I'm hoping that the no-dropout version gets hosted, I'd love to just get the audio from it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn I was hoping for Terrible Lie tomorrow but he played it tonight according to Setlist.fm

edit: FUCK and Something I Can Never Have

Wow...Brooklyn Night 1 is a really great set...
    Last edited by R-Dot-Yung; 10-16-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Is there a reason you didn’t put the spare ticket(s) on StubHub?...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    58 in total on the year. I would imagine some of the songs that were played in the summer would make to the fall tour. These songs are:
    Even Deeper
    The Big Come Down
    I Do Not Want This
    Terrible Lie
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    Something I Can Never Have
    I Can't Give Everything Away (trent said they were going to stop playing it when they last played it, so this one seems unlikely)
    Digital
    as of Brooklyn night 1’s debut of IDNWT and SICNH and ICGEA at Radio city all of these have been played. Since this post, Dear World, Now I’m Nothing, The Becoming, and La Mer have debuted
    Last edited by tricil; 10-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Wow so now they’ve covered all songs from the Vegas/Europe/Asia tours. Is this the most amount of songs in one tour aside from Wave Goodbye since 2007?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Wow so now they’ve covered all songs from the Vegas/Europe/Asia tours. Is this the most amount of songs in one tour aside from Wave Goodbye since 2007?

CBI: 62
    Wave goodbye: 69

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    CBI: 62
    Wave goodbye: 69
    Which is why I said “aside from Wave Goodbye”

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Which is why I said “other than Wave Goodbye”
    oh understood and you’re correct. Was just pointing out that it’s not far off from Wave Goodbye which btw was Nine Years Ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I watched in in real time, it was a fucking blast. I’m tempted to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, anew. They’d better tour in the spring.
    Last edited by SarahConnor; 10-16-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love love love these setlists, can't wait for Vegas.....hope for Not Anymore, The Idea of You, The Great Below, AATCHB along with TPD and HIS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, 5 PHM era songs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Yeah, I watched in in real time, it was a fucking blast. I’m tempted to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, anew.
    I’ll be driving right past you from Lawrence through KC on my way there! I’m crazy and have zero problems with driving 8-9 hours. ^^’

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Is there a reason you didn’t put the spare ticket(s) on StubHub?...
    well i did this week but originally everyone was selling under face value there but with stubhub fees it ended up costing people the same. No one is going to py over $300

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I am dead. I have died. I love you all. Holy shit.