Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Excited to actually be awake for the whole set again, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TR in MOTP: “you guys are fucking great.”

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Pretty standard fare setlist tonight, but I'm certain it was a great show for those who were there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Pretty standard fare setlist tonight, but I'm certain it was a great show for those who were there.
    Yeah I was disappointed with the setlist but Trent seemed like he was having more fun than at any nin show I've been to before. Someone yelled something during the "I am still right here" part of Hurt and he actually smiled. It was a subtle smile that he tried to hide but it threw me off

also "I now know the depths I reach are limitless... Fucking limitless" might be a new fuck placement

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Is is it just me or does the rail seem kinda far away from the stage for an arena club show?

A post shared by on

Last edited by FULLMETAL; 10-10-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Is is it just me or does the rail seem kinda far away from the stage for an arena show?

A post shared by on

It didn't look quite as bad in person, but yeah I thought it was too

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Standard? Branches/bones and dear world and burning bright is anything but standard. It’s only the third time dear world has been played ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Standard? Branches/bones and dear world and burning bright is anything but standard. It’s only the third time dear world has been played ever.

if your attempts to find rarely played songs on that setlist are taking you to new songs, then I rest my case.

Edit: I just realized I'm not the one who used the word "standard," so I can't read someone else's case, but I'm tired so I'm resting anyway

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    On an unrelated note, before I'm afraid of Americans, he was talking about when he was in D.C. for a screening in the White House of Before the Flood to such an extent that I really thought we were going to get the premiere of A Minute to Breathe (or something else from that soundtrack but that song is the most likely). I wonder if I was the only one thinking that?

for those wondering he ended up talking about how he thought it would lead to change but that didn't happen and this was a song he worked on with a friend that is suddenly relevant now (or something to that effect - he then intro'ed the great destroyer as "another song from our end of the World Series")

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I like how now that they play the album version of Help Me I Am In Hell they went and extended it for an extra minute. It's a riff that summarizes anxiety so the longer it goes the more maddening it is.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 10-10-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yeah I was disappointed with the setlist but Trent seemed like he was having more fun than at any nin show I've been to before. Someone yelled something during the "I am still right here" part of Hurt and he actually smiled. It was a subtle smile that he tried to hide but it threw me off

also "I now know the depths I reach are limitless... Fucking limitless" might be a new fuck placement
    Are you going tomorrow? Or today I should say, they’ll probably change the Setlist up as they have been doing

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    what is the Fireman intro? not familiar with that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    It's the wooshing sounding intro they used at Panorama last year. It's fairly common when they open with Branches/Bones.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    It's a cover of Angelo Badalamenti's song from Twin Peaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never get tired of seeing Reptile. The Big Comedown too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What time has NIN been going on at the US shows so far?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MScoutsDCI View Post
    Before the first show, someone posted a list of set times. I saved the graphic and adding a half hour to everything (for a 7:30 start vs 7:00 start) it was accurate for yesterday so I'm assuming it's consistent, so 2 hours and 10 minutes after the scheduled start of opening act. 9:40ish yesterday since it was a 7:30 show

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Are you going tomorrow? Or today I should say, they’ll probably change the Setlist up as they have been doing
    I wish I was but I can't.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Someone buy me tonight’s poster. Please thanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.
    Maybe Trent figured he couldn't top the Day for Night performance of it? That was the ultimate Reptile.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Looks like I went to the wrong D.C. night

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m beginning to think I need to go to all 6 LA shows instead of just 4 🤦🏻♀️

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Did they really skip the frail?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MScoutsDCI View Post
    Went to both Phoenix shows, NIN played from ~9:15 to ~11:00 local times.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    lol Wut? Maybe I missed the video, or there was a technical issue during one song, maybe it got replaced last minute? This isnt Tension or LITS or Fragility, etc. I do get it though to a certain extent- seeing Gave Up with a lot of smoke and the police lights help make the live song.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ah man, The Perfect Drug and the With Teeth two-pack? Wish I'd gotten those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Track for track maybe my favorite setlist yet. The Slip getting repped, TPD, the full Bad Witch (sans instrumentals), The Becoming, Gave Up, Me I'm Not, Home, Find My Way, just no weak spots.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

lol Wut? Maybe I missed the video, or there was a technical issue during one song, maybe it got replaced last minute? This isnt Tension or LITS or Fragility, etc. I do get it though to a certain extent- seeing Gave Up with a lot of smoke and the police lights help make the live song.
    No since last year they don’t have as much green light for it onstage as before. Even 94/95 footage of it has the entire stage coated in green. I remember talking right after Panorama with people about how we all agreed it sounded the best it ever has but the toned down green in favor of more gray/white light felt off and it’s stayed that way ever since at every show from 2017 until now. Like I said it’s a dumb complaint.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    No you didn't. You just saw your favorite band live.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If we're getting Xylophone, Saxaphone and Cello for this tour can we get some Ghosts? I'm sure they could find something that works.