Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Now he"s teasing Year Zero. :-)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    They did the same Fragile tease in Vegas, I wouldn’t expect it to actually happen at all this year (and if it did it’d probably be one of those LA dates they need to fill up).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Its not even 10:50 and they finished the show? So weird.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I Can't Give Everything Away came back? Really?

Very interested to see if he said anything before that was played.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I Can't Give Everything Away came back? Really?

Very interested to see if he said anything before that was played.
    Something along the lines of "last time we played this I said we wouldn't play it again. I meant that at the time, but tonight just felt right. This is a song by our good friend David Bowie off his last record." Paraphrasing but that was the gist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have the other non NYC shows been ending before 10:50? Surprised the shows today and yesterday ended at 10:45

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    How I felt after trolling us with not one but three potential album performances, and the early finish:

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm kind of expecting a full album performance at one of those LA shows.

What would be REALLY fucking dope is MULTIPLE full album performances. I know that doesn't seem likely, but, on the other hand, what are they gonna do for the people who are going to all 6 shows?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's just no way they aren't considering playing TDS in full again at least once. They already learned 10/14 songs, and with gaps between the shows as big as this year, adding another 4 is hardly a problem.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had a great time again. I almost want to try to find a cheap last minute ticket for the Brooklyn shows, which is nuts because I already saw them twice.

Goddamn it, Trent.

Fucking Happiness in Slavery, The Becoming, Even Deeper AND La Mer? AND you pull out the Bowie cover you said you were retiring? AND The Fragile mini-set? Jeez.

As he said it was a "weird fucking setlist" but even though it was pretty unusual it was a great time again. It did seem to end a bit early but whatever.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    Have the other non NYC shows been ending before 10:50? Surprised the shows today and yesterday ended at 10:45
    That's about the time the Red Rocks and Phoenix shows ended as well. Second night at RR was done at like 9:45 but that's because of imminent weather so they moved the whole show up an hour (cut Tobacco entirely). Shows have been like 1:35-1:50 in length.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Please, no Fragile tease in Boston. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    That's about the time the Red Rocks and Phoenix shows ended as well. Second night at RR was done at like 9:45 but that's because of imminent weather so they moved the whole show up an hour (cut Tobacco entirely). Shows have been like 1:35-1:50 in length.

Ugh that sucks especially with the cost of these shows and knowing NIN could even play more songd

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    How about PHM live beginning to end......Would love to hear the 2018 versions of 'Ringfinger' and 'Thats What I Get' and even 'Kinda, I Want To"..
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-15-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Something along the lines of "last time we played this I said we wouldn't play it again. I meant that at the time, but tonight just felt right. This is a song by our good friend David Bowie off his last record." Paraphrasing but that was the gist.
    Yeah he also mentioned that it was because they were in New York, so that was part of the reason. It sounded so great, people were quiet near me on the 2nd Mezz and you could hear all the little extra synth bloops. I closed my eyes and pretended Bowie was there...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    with all the deep cuts getting play, does anyone know why "down in it" (which isnt even a "deep cut") never gets any airtime? does he have a specific aversion to this song?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    with all the deep cuts getting play, does anyone know why "down in it" (which isnt even a "deep cut") never gets any airtime? does he have a specific aversion to this song?
    My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.
    . I seem to remember hearing it at a Terminal 5 show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i think that since it is the 30th anniverary of the down in it single we are bound to see it performed at some point this tour. maybe he is just saving it for a certain date? or maybe if he saves it for the end of the tour he will only have to play it once? haha

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia_spectre View Post
    . I seem to remember hearing it at a Terminal 5 show.
    9 years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    Both DC shows went past 11. Night 1 didn't start til 9:35. and Night 2 started at 9:45.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Im pretty sure it was during the Minneapolis LITS show, him saying how “Here’s the song that started the rock rap genre”, or something to that effect.

Would be a better live song if they stayed more true to the original production, ala The Great Destroyer. Hammer the crowd with a bunch of subwoofers.
    Last edited by Krazy; 10-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Of all the PHM songs played live over the years, that one has probably been played more than any other song not named "Terrible Lie" or "HLAH" so I doubt he has an aversion to it.....Especially compared to other PHM songs that have been abandoned for over 2 decades (Ringfinger/Thats What I Get/Kinda, I Want To/The Only Time).....I am more curious as to why "Sin" has been forgotten about, especially considering it was played played at 90% of the shows from 89-07 and then just abandoned (save for a few one-off appearances from 08-09)...And how many times are we going to do "The Only Time' breakdown in "Closer' without playing the full fucking song

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oh DII will be played.

It will.

There are *six* shows just in LA. :-D Gotta whip that puppy out at some point.

Figure other stuff will come back that haven't been up yet...Deep for instance. Hope that one shows up in NOLA, it's real, true home.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oh DII will be played.

It will.

Figure other stuff will come back that haven't been up yet...Deep for instance. Hope that one shows up in NOLA, it's real, true home.
    Come to think of it, the last time I personally saw it played live was in 2009...in Chicago...at the Aragon Ballroom...*coughcough*

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oh DII will be played.

It will.

You’re right. He has no choice that week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Im not getting my hopes up for anything special in Chicago after Riotfest last year.

With Saul Williams... NOTHING

Ooooooo, Trent and Al could team up for SUPERNAUT! NOTHING!!

New Order plays right before NIN, bring on Dead Souls! NO, NO, NOTHING!

Come on, like a quarter of the crowd was either in NIN, Skinny Puppy or Ministry shirts, who do you think they were there to see?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Im not getting my hopes up for anything special in Chicago after Riotfest last year.

With Saul Williams... NOTHING

Ooooooo, Trent and Al could team up for SUPERNAUT! NOTHING!!

New Order plays right before NIN, bring on Dead Souls! NO, NO, NOTHING!

Come on, like a quarter of the crowd was either in NIN, Skinny Puppy or Ministry shirts, who do you think they were there to see?
    Trent has made it clear as recently as this summer that he approaches festival setlists differently from headlining shows and the Europe fest sets vs. Vegas and Cold and Black dates this year prove that. Saul protested performing by only doing poetry so I think he would have said no anyway, rehearsing Supernaut with Al would have probably been impossible and they still debuted Background World at that show and did the Somewhat Damaged/TDTWWA encore opener combo.

We’re almost guaranteed to see The Perfect Drug, Happiness in Slavery and potentially Last, Now I’m Nothing, Mr. Self Destruct, The Becoming, Suck, Dead Souls, Physical, Home, La Mer and All the Love in the World between the 3 shows there. I’ve always been one to complain about setlists but come on. They’re playing more songs this tour than they did on NINJA. At this point, any other big surprises are nothing but extra. I’d love to see Down in It and Sin come back and for Ruiner and some more Fragile and With Teeth deep cuts and I’ve still never seen In This Twilight but I’m not going to be griping at all about the sets next week, all of these shows are fucking stacked. I’m even considering selling off some of my collection to see more dates. This is a special run with the craziest sets since 2009.

And seriously, I can’t believe how quickly people are glossing over TPD being a staple. That alone makes this worth every penny to me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    And seriously, I can’t believe how quickly people are glossing over TPD being a staple. That alone makes this worth every penny to me.
    I have absolutely every intention of being close enough to stage to nearly be squished to death when TPD inevitably (hopefully?) pops up in Chicago. It’s weird to be able to say that.

The most exciting thing for me between those three nights, it’s safe to assume we’ll have 60-65 songs, with minimal overlap in songs played night to night judging from how the other multi-night stops have gone. That leaves room for so many other songs to get in, but if I’m being honest - even if it’s just aaall the songs they’ve played on this tour up to this point, I’d be beyond pleased with that. Seeing two shows wasn’t enough, and I have a feeling that even after Chicago there will still probably be a couple of songs I never got to catch between FIVE shows. *shrug*

That final pair of LA dates conveniently timed in mid-December are still looming in the background, though. Waiting for me to bounce back financially from these shows and be ready to blow my money again...

Is this your plan, Reznor? Make me spend my money and travel and meet people and have great experiences?? Because..it’s working!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-15-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yes let's please not gloss over the insanity of TPD being played live every few nights. The drum solo completely brought down the house Saturday at Radio City. People were losing their minds.