Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm worried that if this pandemic drags on longer than this year, the "cold and black and infinite" tour may very well go down in history as the final tour ever, whether it was meant to be or not.

I mean, TR just turned 55 today. I honestly can't see him wanting to tour for extended periods of time much longer at his age. I'm worried he'll "pull a bowie" and retire from the stage and only make music from now on. I hope not. Sounds like he was getting the itch to tour again too at the start of this year. But if they cancel live music for a couple years, will it be too late I wonder?

Also, I wonder how the 14-day self quarantine rule might affect musicians. We may see less international travel from now on. NIN might only play a handful of shows in say, LA or NYC. That could become the new norm. How would a touring artist able to come up and play a show in Canada one night, and return back to the USA the next and continue their tour.

Tours could look more like week long city residences like how LA did with CB+I. They'll book a week of smaller shows in a city and stay there and move on to another city, but it'll be less city's per tour, if you know what I mean. They'll probably only schedule 4 cities in NA, like LA, NY, Chicago and maybe somewhere in TX just to try and cover the main markets, but they'll schedule multiple shows there in a week. I can see that being the future of touring.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-17-2020 at 06:42 PM.