Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was watching a FB livestream of the show and I believe it was reptile that had lasers— we need more of that!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Night one from San Francisco, in its entirety:

Great-sounding show, too bad the auto-focus on buddy's camera was all fucked for most of the closeups.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I was watching a FB livestream of the show and I believe it was reptile that had lasers— we need more of that!
    What show are you referring to? NIN has never used “lazers” [cue Dr. Evil voice] as far as I know, was probably those high focused smaller lights.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    What show are you referring to? NIN has never used “lazers” [cue Dr. Evil voice] as far as I know, was probably those high focused smaller lights.
    No. These were fucking lasers last night. Like he called the Tool laser dudes and had them rig that shit up. This was not the same lighting rig I saw just last week in Vegas.

best I can find right now:

https://imgur.com/gallery/rAxBeGY
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 12-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    LA night 1– definitely lasers. Looked way different than the shows I went to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    No. These were fucking lasers last night. Like he called the Tool laser dudes and had them rig that shit up. This was not the same lighting rig I saw just last week in Vegas.

best I can find right now:

https://imgur.com/gallery/rAxBeGY

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Looks like the magnetic tape all over everything is back, too! Nice little visual treats for the hometown crowd & Mr. Rach's cameras...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It sounds great - listening to it now. Even when it's not focused I still like the way it looks. Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Anyone see Brook Linder walking around on stage with his camera again? Didn't see him at the Irving shows. Wonder if he's editing a ton of footage for the previous nights ala the Ahead of Ourselves video... won't get my hopes up though.
    I just saw this video and he is there, as well as another camera man in the pit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone see Brook Linder walking around on stage with his camera again? Didn't see him at the Irving shows. Wonder if he's editing a ton of footage for the previous nights ala the Ahead of Ourselves video... won't get my hopes up though.
    There was someone filming during the Vegas shows, at least for parts of them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I really hope they actually release a live documentary this time. It was disappointing to have the plan for the Lights in the Sky film fall through. Then obviously, what happened with the Tension Blu-ray... I just hope it actually happens this time!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Wow a HTDA mini set. I’d love to see “welcome oblivion”. But really, since she’s right there, play “she’s gone away”. Why would you not?!
    I knoooooow! Why do they hate that song so much? It went from being on every setlist but not played, to played once and never again.
    It's like the EDIETS syndrome. The very first time TR played EDIETS he said "that was the first time we played that song, and it might be the last" lol.
    But even that song got much more love after that snarky comment.

To be fair, the live recording of the song really didn't do it any justice. Maybe you had to have been there to feel the power of the song, but it didn't transition well live from the recording. Similar to "Dear World" great song, but the live version is kind if meh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    This bums me out so fucking much. Can't believe some fans are already spoiled. We've got the pleasure of STILL HAVING Nine Inch Nails after three decades. No one's quit or died. On top of that we get THIS TOUR with THIS MASSIVE collection of songs, and some of us are bitching. Blows my fucking mind. The ONLY complaint ANYONE could lodge about this tour is that they didn't see enough shows.

/rant

Sorry.
    Agree. American NIN fans have been bitching for years about how Europe gets the more diverse setlists in intimate venues. Well, here you go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watching the Bill Graham show posted in the thread and I'm ALL ABOUT The Background World being used to transition out of the midset 'quiet' section.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Can anyone direct me to videos from last night's mini HTDA set? I'm bad at Google because I can't find anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    Watching the Bill Graham show posted in the thread and I'm ALL ABOUT The Background World being used to transition out of the midset 'quiet' section.
    That was my thought exactly!! It transitioned so well, and The Background World is one of my all-time favorite songs anyway. Though the ending still feels really jarring to me without the outro -- I wouldn't care if they made it seven minutes long or not, but I feel like there should be some reference to it rather than just the sudden cold end...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Were they filming last night?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love how during the entire tour the show evolved slowly over time with the set and stuff and then it gets to Los Angeles and now there's fucking laser lights, magnetic tape and HTDA. It's like these shows are the Final Form of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I knoooooow! Why do they hate that song so much? It went from being on every setlist but not played, to played once and never again.
    It's like the EDIETS syndrome. The very first time TR played EDIETS he said "that was the first time we played that song, and it might be the last" lol.
    But even that song got much more love after that snarky comment.

To be fair, the live recording of the song really didn't do it any justice. Maybe you had to have been there to feel the power of the song, but it didn't transition well live from the recording. Similar to "Dear World" great song, but the live version is kind if meh.
    I was at Webster Hall when they played it and it was the filthiest nasty bass I've ever been exposed to. My chest cavity is still vibrating. NO CLUE why they never returned to it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    If nothing else, I’m just hoping that set is a sign that HTDA isn’t dead yet.
    See, that’s what I’m hoping too. Mariqueen recently “liked” a couple of tweets about HTDA, and also posted an older pic on Instagram of her from from one of the photo shoots she did for HTDA. Then when you add in the set from last night: I’m wondering if something is in the works for HTDA.

All of that is probably coincidental, but here’s hoping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like a Fragile tease to start.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Listening to a shitty stream... I'll try to update.

Somewhat Damaged
    The Day The World Went Away
    Wish
    Less Than
    Sin
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    This Isn't The Place
    The Perfect Drug
    Me, I'm Not
    Burn
    [We're sad. This is the end. It's bittersweet because we have enjoyed this tour. Thank you. etc. Going to transition back into "civilian life" next week. This music transforms us and lets us get it out of our system. Thank you for the opportunity. This is the last time we're going to play these next couple of times. For real this time. Paying tribute to an incredible inspiration. He taught me hope and that there was a way out. etc.]
    I Can't Give Everything Away
    Subterraneans (With the GBDTD bit)
    The Background World
    The Big Come Down
    Survivalism
    Head Like a Hole

All The Love In The World
    Even Deeper
    Over and Out
    Hurt
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-09-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Looks like a Fragile tease to start.
    does anyone stream these shows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Listening to a shitty stream... I'll try to update.

This Isn't The Place
    The Perfect Drug
    Me, I'm Not
    Where can I find this stream?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awesome mix only 3 repeats from n1
    Last edited by 3po1nt0; 12-09-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dammit i may not get to see subterraneans next week. shiit
    Last edited by 3po1nt0; 12-09-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice, happiness in slavery and/or full broken saved for next week

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Were they filming last night?
    yes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I was at Webster Hall when they played it and it was the filthiest nasty bass I've ever been exposed to. My chest cavity is still vibrating. NO CLUE why they never returned to it.
    I can tell you why. It had practically zero crowd reaction. It was disappointing. That was such a good show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can tell you why. It had practically zero crowd reaction. It was disappointing. That was such a good show.
    I don’t think that should be a reason though, according to someone on here The Lovers got tame reactions last year - you watch the pro-shot Madrid festival performance and the crowd are actually clapping along to it (that festival really had a great crowd). I love The Lovers and I’m glad he ploughed on with it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    [We're sad. This is the end. It's bittersweet because we have enjoyed this tour...This is the last time we're going to play these next couple of times. For real this time. Paying tribute to an incredible inspiration. He taught me hope and that there was a way out. etc.]
    Wait what? Is he saying this is the last time they're going to play shows, or the last time they're going to play those Bowie songs?