Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Six shows, six videos. This one is 99% done. Will be posted a few days after Halsey's album release (because everyone's attention will be on that thing).
    Others are in various stages of completion and will follow later.
    Can't wait! Looking forward to the show on the 14th for the memories. There was decent IEM audio for the Palladium shows right?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    There was decent IEM audio for the Palladium shows right?
    Not for all dates, but yeah. 14th has IEM too.
    Not sure what to do with show #1 - its IEM recording hasn't been cleaned from the click, unlike the other ones. We'll see.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Palladium#5. Soon.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Palladium#5. Soon.

I was jamming out to your video this past weekend. Man, this makes me miss NIN Live THAT much more.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Beautiful print. One of several that tempt me to break my self imposed "no show, no poster" rule.

edit: SOLD OUT
    Last edited by cdm; 11-10-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    EDIT:

Another Daniel Danger print...

Hopefully one of you muppets got it.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-23-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The Atlanta and EMEK Palladium are the best from that tour imo.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Does anyone know much about video file compression? @ninlive I wanna get Fillow's multi cam edits, but 18GB is a lot of space, when I have LONGER, official releases coming in at 2-4 GB.

I just thought you might have an idea, given your avocation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Are you saying there are 2-hour long 1080p releases that are only 2-4 GB? I don't believe you. Unless they are in fact ripped from youtube?

I can do smaller sile sizes with no problem honestly, but my intention is preserve picture quality. Bear in mind that a lot of footage I work with is already re-encoded at least once, when original taper puts it on youtube or facebook. I do get many raw huge files from people, but it's usually less than half of total amount, as most people don't even respond.
    Now consider also that mobile phones footage is also much worse (on average) than anything shot by actual crew for an official release. Yet another reason for me to use higher bitrate on output file.

I also want to note that Palladium #6 is the longest of the series. P4 and 5 came out shorter and their total sizes are about 12 and 13GB. (They aren't available in raw form yet as Ryan is still dealing the hosting, but I'm positive they'll be posted sometime down the line).

If anyone can teach me to encode a smaller output, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-26-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ^^
    Are you saying there are 2-hour long 1080p releases that are only 2-4 GB?
    There absolutely are. You definitely lose some quality in the compression, but they're perfectly watchable. I TOTALLY don't ever pirate movies, but if I did, I would typically download those 1080p releases that are around 2gb in size.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Handbrake can get 1080 down to about a gig per hour. Ill do a test runs (just the first couple minutes) changing the constant quality of the encoder until I get that nice balance of image quality and size. (The bitrate of the audio can also make a difference in file size)

(I haven't "borrowed" a film online since Rogue One, a film I eventually purchased, but I have been digitizing my massive physical collection because I like having the convince of digital but when I'm using my home theater equipment I'll always throw that disc in)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-25-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Does anyone know much about video file compression? @ninlive I wanna get Fillow's multi cam edits, but 18GB is a lot of space, when I have LONGER, official releases coming in at 2-4 GB.

I just thought you might have an idea, given your avocation.
    I'm fine with the 18GB file. Especially with preserving quality, I don't want a lot of compression. So I am happy with what Fillow had sent over. I can't say that I am very versed in video editing. But I've been transferring a lot of videos and it's a fine line between compression and quality. I'd rather have higher output of files than compression.

Sucks about the archive. I am not sure when it will be back up.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @fillow , PLEASE don't think that I'm complaining about your work.

It's UTTERLY AMAZING, and I can't thank you enough for the hard work you've put in. PLUS, I can watch them on YouTube.
    I guess I'm kind of being spoiled.

But, yeah, there IS a way to shrink these things without losing much quality.

Much like @otnavuskire , I TOTALLY wouldn't have a Plex server full of terabytes and terabytes of 1080p movies, shows, and concerts, BUT, if I did, everything would top out at about 4.5 GB, and look amazing.

I KNOW there's a way to do it, and surely SOMEONE among us knows how.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but DAMN @ninlive

These few weeks have flown by so fast. It seems like I JUST checked your archive, and everything was fine.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

@ninlive what’s wrong with the archive?

edit: i see it on the main page. have you talked to matt? maybe he has ideas?