Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, and no offense to the filming guy, but I'd rather we do multicam edits with audience footage and overdub them with these awesome IEMs, then watch any more of 2018 b/w onstage footage. Somehow it worked much better in the past when Rob did it in color, plus he didn't shake the camera nearly as much.
    I'd be okay with that. Though we do know that they recorded the LA Shows with other angles, so I'd imagine that if they are still planning on putting that out, they're probably still working on it. It took BYIT almost a full year to come out and that was just two shows edited together. Can't imagine how long it'd take to edit the six LA shows and whatever other stuff they have together.

As good as these IEMs are, I can't wait to hear the matrixes that NINlive was alluding too earlier in the thread. These IEMs are great, but there is some static here and there. Hopefully that would help. I'd be happy if NIN just put out some audio of the tour.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I feel bad cause IEMs are just like TR said, “not meant for public consumption.” But when they sound good, it’s hard not to archive them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I feel bad cause IEMs are just like TR said, “not meant for public consumption.” But when they sound good, it’s hard not to archive them.
    Understandable. I've gone and listened to every IEM on the archive, and the ones from 2005-2007 were not good for the most part. They are interesting though to hear what the artist actually hears though. The Atlanta IEM matrix was solid, the LA ones were great. But goddamn these NOLA one's are hard to top.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I mean, it’s not the first time NIN have professionally filmed a tour and not released it...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I mean, it’s not the first time NIN have professionally filmed a tour and not released it...
    Not even the 2nd or 3rd time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I find that hard to believe given the fact that they paid a guy to film a shit ton of stuff on the 2017/2018 cycle. Why leak an IEM and take a financial loss?
    Potentially, for a lot of reasons. Maybe the released videos were the only useable footage because of technical issues. Maybe he didn't want to go through the whole process of an official release. Maybe he just changed his mind.

No clue.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Potentially, for a lot of reasons. Maybe the released videos were the only useable footage because of technical issues. Maybe he didn't want to go through the whole process of an official release. Maybe he just changed his mind.

No clue.
    Some of it is audio related. I think Rob Sheridan said that it became too arduous to mix all of the audio in regards to the 2009 footage.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Some of it is audio related. I think Rob Sheridan said that it became too arduous to mix all of the audio in regards to the 2009 footage.
    Exactly. Maybe he just said 'fuck it'.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Between the acoustics of a room and the fact that most IEM mixes include dry vocals, the audio captured in these recordings is much more harsh and less forgiving than what the audience hears. That alone is enough for most artists to say "fuck it, I don't want other people listening to this." And many bands have talkback channels that allow the artists to communicate with each other and their crew, which means a recording is now an invasion not just of a private mix but private conversations as well (from a legal perspective, I'd be real interested in seeing if this brings a recording into different territory than recordings that don't include any talkback channels).

Point being: I can't say I blame any act who has a hardline "fuck IEM bootlegs" stance. It's their content and it's absolutely not meant for anyone except themselves. That said, I also understand why public interest in this type of recording is so high. It's a world that the vast majority of fans would never have any exposure to otherwise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Exactly. Maybe he just said 'fuck it'.
    If he had that attitude, I don't think he would have gone through the effort of paying someone to go to every date and film the tour only to say fuck it lets leak an IEM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Where can I find this so I know what you guys are talking about?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If he had that attitude, I don't think he would have gone through the effort of paying someone to go to every date and film the tour only to say fuck it lets leak an IEM.
    I mean...he hired people to film and edit Tension and didn't release that (fully). Like I said: who knows? It DOESN'T make sense.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Where can I find this so I know what you guys are talking about?
    I assume they're talking about the NOLA IEMs that are on ninlive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I assume they're talking about the NOLA IEMs that are on ninlive.
    Awesome, thanks! I downloaded all three and am looking forward to checking them out later! Great to have such high quality recordings from this most recent tour!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Great to have such high quality recordings from this most recent tour!
    Pretty much every show had a really great recording from it. You can't go wrong for any show.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Here's a little something I've been working on for last few months. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Boy, did I pick the wrong day to release this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    set the video to private and casually re-release it next week as if nothing happened

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Its still appreciated, thank you

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Amazing what you can do with an audio taper at the back (or a cool guy sharing the soundboard) and a video taper at the front, with something as simple as an iphone (well it's the last one so it's stabilized video and all, but it's good enough for a youtube video).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Amazing what you can do with an audio taper at the back (or a cool guy sharing the soundboard) and a video taper at the front, with something as simple as an iphone (well it's the last one so it's stabilized video and all, but it's good enough for a youtube video).

Hey

This was my video. And yeah -- consumer cameras have gotten insanely good in recent years!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't post on this forum much (though I do post on reddit r/nin), so I'm not sure of the rules here, but if it's cool to make it's own thread so more people see it, others might enjoy that.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Another multicam I just finished.
    This one is much less elaborate. Only a few camera angles, sometimes very close to each other, and about a third of the show is just 1 camera as no other sources were found.
    Audio is also from cameras. If more than 1 source was found, then the audio was matrixed from two best sounding ones for every given song.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

This one is much less elaborate. Only a few camera angles, sometimes very close to each other, and about a third of the show is just 1 camera as no other sources were found.
    Audio is also from cameras. If more than 1 source was found, then the audio was matrixed from two best sounding ones for every given song.
    I believe we didn't have any audio/video source for this show until now. Can we update the ninlive page?
    If you could provide the audio and video source directly to @ninlive .

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I will probably tomorrow. Took a few days off to get outside a bit more. At least walk and stay sane. lol.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Devastated I missed this show by only a few months. Was in Bangkok for almost a week earlier that summer. Thanks for bringing the pain back up ;-).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm worried that if this pandemic drags on longer than this year, the "cold and black and infinite" tour may very well go down in history as the final tour ever, whether it was meant to be or not.

I mean, TR just turned 55 today. I honestly can't see him wanting to tour for extended periods of time much longer at his age. I'm worried he'll "pull a bowie" and retire from the stage and only make music from now on. I hope not. Sounds like he was getting the itch to tour again too at the start of this year. But if they cancel live music for a couple years, will it be too late I wonder?

Also, I wonder how the 14-day self quarantine rule might affect musicians. We may see less international travel from now on. NIN might only play a handful of shows in say, LA or NYC. That could become the new norm. How would a touring artist able to come up and play a show in Canada one night, and return back to the USA the next and continue their tour.

Tours could look more like week long city residences like how LA did with CB+I. They'll book a week of smaller shows in a city and stay there and move on to another city, but it'll be less city's per tour, if you know what I mean. They'll probably only schedule 4 cities in NA, like LA, NY, Chicago and maybe somewhere in TX just to try and cover the main markets, but they'll schedule multiple shows there in a week. I can see that being the future of touring.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-17-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    But if they cancel live music for a couple years, will it be too late I wonder?
    I doubt it. He gets the desire to tour, so I think he will still do it. It may not be the big expansive tours of the old days, but he'll get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Also, I wonder how the 14-day self quarantine rule might affect musicians. We may see less international travel from now on. NIN might only play a handful of shows in say, LA or NYC. That could become the new norm. How would a touring artist able to come up and play a show in Canada one night, and return back to the USA the next and continue their tour.
    Frankly, I don't see how there can be any large gathering live events like concerts, festivals, and sporting events until there's a vaccine. I could easily see it being well into next year before any live events happen.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I doubt it. He gets the desire to tour, so I think he will still do it. It may not be the big expansive tours of the old days, but he'll get out there.

Frankly, I don't see how there can be any large gathering live events like concerts, festivals, and sporting events until there's a vaccine. I could easily see it being well into next year before any live events happen.
    I'm remaining hopeful that smaller venue's will start opening their doors by fall, but as for NIN level shows, yeah those aren't gonna come back for a while, unfortunately. But smaller acts, limiting a room to 50 or less, I can see that. Imagine trent playing a small club where only like 40 people are allowed in. Man. Imagine trying to get tickets to an event like that. I'd probably pay a pretty penny to get into a show like that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Didn’t the WHO warn there may never be a vaccine though?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Didn’t the WHO warn there may never be a vaccine though?
    that is terrifying