Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One year later and I still think of these shows regularly, too. The vitality of the performances, the vastly different setlists, the grittiness. NIN is always on point live, but this was special. On a personal note the two years prior to these shows were pretty awful and in 2018 I got the courage to make some major changes and got out of multiple unhealthy situations. Scariness of the unknown, but everything became exponentially better. While I was at these shows I was overcome with emotion that I was finally where I needed to be in life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hey, does anyone by chance have an audio recording of The New Regime from 11-18-2018? I am looking to put together a complete show from that event, and I already have recordings from TJAMC and NIN. I just need the new regime’s performance. Thanks!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hey guys... We've all been waiting for The Perfect Drug to be played live. And now that it has, it feels like simply hearing it once is not enough. You kinda need more.
    So I thought, who wouldn't like to hear just the drum solo... played over and over and over again. Until you're fucking sick of it. Or love it again.

Anyway, here goes:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hey guys... We've all been waiting for The Perfect Drug to be played live. And now that it has, it feels like simply hearing it once is not enough. You kinda need more.
    So I thought, who wouldn't like to hear just the drum solo... played over and over and over again. Until you're fucking sick of it. Or love it again.

Anyway, here goes:

I still haven’t see that song live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I still haven’t see that song live

I've never seen that or Reptile or Eraser.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I've never seen that or Reptile or Eraser.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post

I know, I've been to FIVE shows too!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Anyway, here goes:

Ugh. Being there for the live debut was one of the best nights of my life. So worth being broke for several months to make it to both nights at Red Rocks, and then to all three nights in Chicago and catching “And All That’s Could Have Been.” @elevenism WE WERE SO HAPPY.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Ugh. Being there for the live debut was one of the best nights of my life. So worth being broke for several months to make it to both nights at Red Rocks, and then to all three nights in Chicago and catching “And All That’s Could Have Been.” @elevenism WE WERE SO HAPPY.
    I wish could have caught all three shows in Chicago, but at least I picked IMO the best one (nite 2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Chicago night 2 was incredible, the entire weekend really...but not much in this world beats the opening of night 1: Mr Self Destruct right into The Perfect Drug into Wish. I've never screamed so much in my life! Its as if Trent was trying to catch the building on fire!
    Last edited by snichols; 01-25-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    hahaha, yeah, we were screaming "NO WAY! WHAAAAAAAA! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!" at each other, when it started up.

there really are no words to describe that experience.

i've tried to explain it to people who are outside the loop, and they just don't get it. a lot of the people at the SHOW didn't seem to get it, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Chicago weekend was full of those "No way" moments. I followed setlist for almost every show leading up to Chicago and redrocks was particularly impressive.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

LOL @ 0:18

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Can we just have this type tour/setlists on every future tour?

Light shows are rad and I don’t think anyone’s done them better than TR, but those setlist choices and energy of CABAI...it was just another level of excellence.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Light shows are rad and I don’t think anyone’s done them better than TR, but those setlist choices and energy of CABAI...it was just another level of excellence.
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue playing whatever they want.
    It would be awesome if that just became part of it. Pearl Jam has been doing that for some years: playing a different set list every night, I THINK.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Everyone uses fancy screens these days. Trent said that's one of the reasons he strayed away on the last cycle. I would like to assume that attitude hasn't changed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the other half of the show that's always unpredictable and changing from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the other half of the show that's always unpredictable and changing from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).
    this would be amazing and I would go broke following NIN around the country watching this. Would also lose a lot of brain cells.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    After drowning myself in those near-perfect recordings of the NOLA shows, I have discovered ONE (1) thing about the CBI tour that I didn't love.

Namely: the placement of 'La Mer'. I love the song, always have, but hearing it randomly played before something ('Closer' usually?) that isn't TGB or ITV always feels jarring.

I enjoyed the 2009 fake out of playing 'The Frail' before 'Metal', but this feels off somehow.

Otherwise, CBI was perfect.
    10/10.
    Would fist fuck again.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if anyone from the venue or from the band camp is getting torn a new one for every IEM that goes into the wild

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I wonder if anyone from the venue or from the band camp is getting torn a new one for every IEM that goes into the wild
    Doubtful. Some artists are certainly extremely anti-IEM releases (and understandably so), but they're also smart enough to know that it's typically unencrypted UHF frequencies, which means someone sitting in the parking lot across the street can tape the show if they've brought the right gear and put in some careful planning. In my decade on the road, I've never once witnessed anyone get torn apart for any type of recording, regardless of whether it's IEMs, videos, or just plain old audience mics.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Doubtful. Some artists are certainly extremely anti-IEM releases (and understandably so), but they're also smart enough to know that it's typically unencrypted UHF frequencies
    That's what I mean, actually. Shouldn't these be encrypted as a rule? And when they're not - is it just carelessness, is it cheaper, or do they just not care?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's what I mean, actually. Shouldn't these be encrypted as a rule? And when they're not - is it just carelessness, is it cheaper, or do they just not care?
    Wireless IEM is usually analog because digital signals, especially encrypted signals sent over the (FCC mandated) narrow bandwidth limitations of wireless, will result in unacceptable latency, which can be problematic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I always got the feeling that Reznor was okay with these and maybe even provided a few...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I always got the feeling that Reznor was okay with these and maybe even provided a few...
    I can't put a finger on where I read it, but I recall him actually being pretty upset about IEM bootlegs in the W_T era, and the only soundboard concert audio provided at the direction of Trent was the audio from The Gift/AVOTT. He certainly eased up on bootlegging from the crowd's perspective, but tapping into IEMs, which aren't usually a full mix, provides an unmixed, unbalanced recording that doesn't capture the concert properly. That's the general idea I remember on the topic.

That said, those NOLA IEMs are surprisingly good quality, and some tracks even have stereo separation.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm sure they're very much aware that people are taping each show through various means, but I'm guessing that, as long as it doesn't impede their performance, they're not going to sweat it too much.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I can't put a finger on where I read it, but I recall him actually being pretty upset about IEM bootlegs in the W_T era, and the only soundboard concert audio provided at the direction of Trent was the audio from The Gift/AVOTT. He certainly eased up on bootlegging from the crowd's perspective, but tapping into IEMs, which aren't usually a full mix, provides an unmixed, unbalanced recording that doesn't capture the concert properly. That's the general idea I remember on the topic.
    I know what you're talking about, I can't remember where he said it. Might have been the old NIN.com forums or old ETS. But I remember him being fucking pissed once about an IEM coming out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That said, those NOLA IEMs are surprisingly good quality, and some tracks even have stereo separation.
    That's what I mean. The shitty IEMs where you can't hear any bass and there's clicking all over it SHOULD piss him off, but the quality of some IEMs, especially those NOLA shows, is almost 100%. Was all of that mixing and clean up and sorcery done by ToolDVN and @ninlive ?

Here's my conspiracy theory: TR decides he's not going to officially release a CBI live album/video, so, over a year after the tour, he finds a way to get a really nice IEM to the NIN fan community. Not the weirdest thing to ever happen here...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Here's my conspiracy theory: TR decides he's not going to officially release a CBI live album/video, so, over a year after the tour, he finds a way to get a really nice IEM to the NIN fan community. Not the weirdest thing to ever happen here...
    I find that hard to believe given the fact that they paid a guy to film a shit ton of stuff on the 2017/2018 cycle. Why leak an IEM and take a financial loss?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, and no offense to the filming guy, but I'd rather we do multicam edits with audience footage and overdub them with these awesome IEMs, than watch any more of 2018 b/w onstage footage. Somehow it worked much better in the past when Rob did it in color, plus he didn't shake the camera nearly as much.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-25-2020 at 01:01 PM.