Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    While I don't like being vindictive, I'll admit I take a perverse pleasure in how disappointed all the "Trent got Yoko'd" goofs in attendance must have been getting all that sweet HTDA.
    I'm pretty sure those goofs never heard Unfinished Music or Wedding Album. Welcome Oblivion is a fucking masterpiece compared to that shit.

What a tour. This tour was for fans, and also for the band.
    I can't imagine what the next tour would be like, but I'm sure they'll come up with something new and inspiring. See you guys there.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    This was a remarkable good and special NIN year. Grateful I was part of this.
    6 times EU - 3 times US

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aw, I accidentally clicked on the upcoming dates and everything is gray and locked. This was a great year for us. Thanks to the guys for providing me with so much great stuff to look forward to.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Agreed, this touring cycle for the EP trilogy has been awesome, im glad I got to see them twice (Riotfest and Aragon Night 2) during it.

Id say as far as the Cold & Black leg goes, 3 shows stand out...

1. Aragon Brawlroom Night 2

-The middle section was off the rails! Piggy had a dirty nasty energy to I haven't heard in years. I FINALLY heard Burn! Then OMFG their going to play SIN! Closer had that same filthy-ness, that Piggy had. And to top it off, a song I would consider in my top 5, THE BECOMING!

-During the intermission, I saw the techs bringing out Ilan's cello and i started screaming inside because a moment I have been dreaming of since the late 90's, that i never imagined I would happen, was about to occur... my #1 FAVORITE NIN SONG HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY was going to be played in front of me! Fucking hell!!

-"We're going to uh, we're gonna dig deep into the deep cuts.". Trent Reznor, founder, Nine Inch Nails

I thought to myself "how much deeper can we go?". As soon as the rain started I found out the answer... And All That Could Have Been! The most brutal to the most subtle, thats what I love about this band. (disco ball FTW!)

So to summarize , I got 2 of my favorite songs, Sin for the first time since 09 and the track besides TPD that everyone wanted to hear for the first time ever!

2. 2018.12.01 The Joint LV NV

The newest song they played is 21 years old? Im down! Self Destruct era 4 EVER! The one thing they could have done is brought Danny Lohner on stage for Mr Self Destruct and Sin.

3. 2018.09.13 Comerica Theater Phoenix AZ

Broken! HIS for the first time since 95! First performance of one of my favorite Trilogy tracks, This Isn't the Place.

All in all, this was the best tour since Wave Goodbye. Also, im so glad Atticus is part of the live band now

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    If someone is calling Mariqueen “Yoko”, their opinion is shit and doesn’t matter. Just want to put that out there since it was mentioned.
    This forever and ever.

Also, Garson's performance of Greensleeves was excellent, and I'm sure it confused the hell out of most of the audience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hoy about to Invite Mike Garson to play in the next tour?
    So they can play Leaving Hope

The next step should be play more than 100 songs in the tour with 30 songs or more each night
    Last edited by AThousandDaysBefore; 12-16-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My CBI Tour Review: It was awesome. TPD, HIS and AATCHB. Wow.

Now for some light-hearted nitpicking. Disclaimer: Sorry if it offends/hurts/insults you in any form. Feel free to move on to the next post, you sensitive mofo lol. (Seek help, words on the internet about a show/artist shouldn't disturb you in any form):

They should really have tried JLYI without Garson as well. Clouser did something cool back in the day without being a virtuoso. Ally and Atticus could've come up with something as cool. I get Garson is a friend, a fucking great musician but let's be honest, he's all over the place lol. And yes, I know that's mostly his style. It doesn't make it good to my ears tho. I remember that 2009 version where he wouldn't stop even for the "Aahhhh" part.

HTDA mini set? It's cool I guess but it takes the place of NIN songs, which I consider much better. I haven't given HTDA its deserved attention. Don't think Trent/NIN got Yoko'd in any form. The band didn't split due to HTDA, it actually got better!

It's Trent having fun with his family on stage. I guess him having a traditional happy life with a wife and kids hurt those goth "girls" who still dream about marrying him wearing a vinyl dress or something. The guy is happy, healthy, a proud husband and father. I'm happy for him.

I'm not a fan of Gary Numan either. Guest appearances in general are not my cup of tea I guess.

We really need an official video release from these shows, especially for the deep cuts.

EDIT: Just listened to the new ITT in a proper device and Garson kills it. Amazing version.
    Last edited by ricardo; 12-16-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So Gemma, Gary Numan's wife tweeted a picture of them at the final show - look at the guy above them - is that John Cleese? It would be so weird if John Cleese had turned up at a NIN show

https://twitter.com/ElfinHaloMoon/st...02484095234048

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So Gemma, Gary Numan's wife tweeted a picture of them at the final show - look at the guy above them - is that John Cleese? It would be so weird if John Cleese had turned up at a NIN show

https://twitter.com/ElfinHaloMoon/st...02484095234048
    Guessing you haven't seen what John Cleese looks like lately, or you wouldn't be asking that question.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Of the 4 La shows I went to, rank wise. for anyone that had wanted all the old tracks and then new songs plus deep cuts, the mid week ones did the job. And even after seeing the setlist, I finally got one! 29 shows over almost 15 years and it took me this long to get one.

Weds
    Tues
    Sat
    Fri ( first one )

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Guessing you haven't seen what John Cleese looks like lately, or you wouldn't be asking that question.
    Oof just googled him, yeah I haven’t seen him in years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Caught the final night at the Palladium last night.

It's been about 3 years since I last saw a show at the Palladium. There's more and more large buildings going up all around the area sucking up the old parking lots and making it tougher to get around Sunset Blvd and the freeways just get worse and worse (2 hours just from Huntington Beach to Hollywood!).

The merch stuff really didn't interest me, but they clearly sold a lot of stuff as there were long lines at most of the booths and tables in and outside the Palladium. Drink prices where stratospheric - $26 for a double mixed drink - insured I wasn't crafting any buzz this show. Hell, they wouldn't even give me a cup of ice water, I had to pay $6 for a bottle water poured on ice in a plastic cup.

Opening band HMLTD(?) were *really* loud with a lot of bassy drum loops and NIN-style instrumentals - in fact, they were the loudest band of the night.

The Jesus And Mary Chain is a favorite.... on record. Live, they are a bit dull and the quality of their show really depends on two things - the setlist and whatever tension may be going on between the Reid brothers. There seemed to be no tension, in fact there seemed to be no interplay between the band at all. The setlist was only fair, imo. I like their druggy, feedback stuff like Reverence and Blues From A Gun, the more poppy stuff like Just Like Honey and Some Candy Talking doesn't do it for me. For better or worse, their set was maybe a dozen songs and lasted about 45 minutes. Even by TJAMC's set, the Palladium was really packed, by NIN's set it was jammed solid even on the sides.

If I had walked out of the show after NIN's first 3 songs, I would have said this was the best NIN show I've ever seen. Getting the opening trio of Wish-Last-March Of The Pigs was incredible. The energy both from the band and the audience was off the charts. There was some serious moshing up front and at times through the show, the usual Palladium crowd swaying back and forth in the pit threatening to squash people. In fact a couple security guys warned people how crazy it would get before the show started.

However, the crazy high energy level wasn't sustainable and what followed was a brace of 5 or so songs from the Bad Witch and Add Violence EPs that brought the pacing down. The set briefly took off again with The Perfect Drug complete with lasers(!) mid-set getting one of the best reactions from the audience the whole show, Ilan is certainly the MVP of the band, the guy just plays his ass off. But then they followed that with 3 songs from Trent's wife/How To Destroy Angels. I've never bothered to pick up her album and I don't think I've listened to more than a couple songs online but her mini-set frankly killed the set for me and I never completely got back into the show. The tail end of the show picked up with Gave Up and warhorse closers Hand That Feeds and Head Like A Hole.

The encore opened with Mike Garson playing a solo piano rendition of Greensleeves(!) complete with red and green Christmasy NIN logos(!!) on the backdrop followed by a trio of Fragile cuts, the instrumental Just Like You Imagined, La Mer and Even Deeper and the Bad Witch track Over And Out. Trent gave a short speech thanking the band and crew and made it clear the band was taking an extended break but would be back. The show ended with the usual "Hurt."

It was great to finally get Last and The Perfect Drug, two songs I've always wanted to hear live. The incredible unpredictability of the set kept me interested in what was coming next even when the show itself lagged for me personally. The sound was excellent, the lighting, fog and even lasers was pretty over the top great especially considering this was a fairly basic stage production considering NIN's past tours.

Overall though, this show had nothing on the LA run of Wave Goodbye shows in LA in 2009, certainly not the final Wiltern show which remains by far the best NIN I've ever seen. Looking at the setlists from this LA Palladium run of shows, I'd have probably most wanted to catch the 12/11 show.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post
    ...from Trent's wife...
    Mariqueen. Her name is Mariqueen.

They've been married for almost ten years. Why is it so hard for people to remember her fucking name?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

They've been married for almost ten years. Why is it so hard for people to remember her fucking name?
    Because not everyone follows celebrities' personal lives - especially people who admittedly don't even listen to the bands that the person in question is involved in.

I don't even remember the names of all of my cousins' freaking kids. I don't think it's some scandalous thing that someone doesn't know Trent Reznor's wife's name off the top of their head.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Because not everyone follows celebrities' personal lives...
    You don't have to follow their personal lives to know her name. People have said it on here many times. She's part of a band that has a whole sub-section on this forum dedicated to it, and she's officially contributed to two Nine Inch Nails releases at this point. Considering how obsessed a lot of people are with the minutiae of Nine Inch Nails, you would think it would be easy to remember someone's name, especially when that person has become one of the lead singer's most prominent collaborators in recent years (both personally and professionally).

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm a bit less disappointed with myself for missing that last LA show. Setlist not the strongest for my own personal taste. However, I realized I would have had the chance to see TPD. That alone would have been worth the trip. I have a feeling that it's not the last time we've seen TPD played live though.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You don't have to follow their personal lives to know her name. People have said it on here many times. She's part of a band that has a whole sub-section on this forum dedicated to it, and she's officially contributed to two Nine Inch Nails releases at this point. Considering how obsessed a lot of people are with the minutiae of Nine Inch Nails, you would think it would be easy to remember someone's name, especially when that person has become one of the lead singer's most prominent collaborators in recent years (both personally and professionally).
    They've posted on the board three times. Three. I wouldn't expect them to remember anybody's names based on context clues from a website they hardly ever interact with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post
    But then they followed that with 3 songs from Trent's wife/How To Destroy Angels. I've never bothered to pick up her album and I don't think I've listened to more than a couple songs online but her mini-set frankly killed the set for me and I never completely got back into the show.
    At the risk of sounding like a pedantic public service announcement, HTDA is not a Mariqueen solo project. You’re entitled to your opinion about the impact of the non-NIN tracks on the set’s flow, but you would do well to recognize that Trent and Atticus are also key members of the project, which is well worth your time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Because not everyone follows celebrities' personal lives - especially people who admittedly don't even listen to the bands that the person in question is involved in.

I don't even remember the names of all of my cousins' freaking kids. I don't think it's some scandalous thing that someone doesn't know Trent Reznor's wife's name off the top of their head.
    My cousin's kids didn't make an album with Trent Reznor...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    They've posted on the board three times. Three. I wouldn't expect them to remember anybody's names based on context clues from a website they hardly ever interact with.
    My comment was more directed at people who have been here a long time and still insist on calling her "Trent's wife" in a negative way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hell I have trouble remembering friends and coworkers names if it's been a while since I've seen them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I saw the four New York shows and, aside from wishing I'd gotten to see AATCHB (which I think should have been on their regular tour rotation since 2002), I have absolutely no fucking complaints. Seriously, if NIN never tours again, I will accept that after Cold and Black and Infinite.

Never felt more grateful towards an artist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So now that the tour is over, which of the deep cuts could you all see becoming "regulars" whenever they hit the road again? Honestly, I could see both TPD and AATCHB becoming regulars. I think he's likely done with most of the Bowie stuff though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not that I don't know, it's that I don't care.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Okay, fine, so it's no wonder it bummed you out. They are good songs, you're just ignorant of them.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Going by the US set compared to what we've been getting the last few times in the UK and i might have to consider flying over for a future tour! Hell just for the chance to see La Mer, The Perfect Drug, AATCHB, IIT and the HTDA mini sets it would be well worth it! Though i would have to get over my hang ups of travelling alone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since I brought up the whole Yoko thing that's been hit on a few times, just to clarify, that's not something I remotely believe or have seen anywhere on here. The comparison is something I've only seen on social media (most recently as a comment on Ilan's live stream) and it brought me joy to know that the idiots making them spent a lot of money to be unknowingly treated to an HTDA mini-set. I personally love HTDA, but even if I didn't, the whole "Trent's wife" would still be super shitty.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I cannot believe the griping and complaints. The last set is over the top amazing. I mean it was longer than usual, Mike in there again, HDTA (not a single bad track from them - I mean HDTA is essentially NIN with Mariqueen anyway). Why on earth are people disappointed?! I would be flipping out if I would have been there.

I have two kids. When we buy them too many toys, go out to eat too often, this is how they start acting. Complaining about everything. So we stop getting them stuff until they are grateful again.
    Fucking THIS. I really don't get how anyone can complain about any of these shows. They just played SIX nights in LA and I could probably count on my hand the number of people that went to only ONE show during that run. Couple that with this tour overall and man, let's put this all in perspective. I only went to the Memphis show (which seems to be the redheaded stepchild of this run according to anyone with a keyboard even though I strongly disagree with that sentiment) and even I was fucking ecstatic after the show ended. Yeah, I didn't get TPD or Last or whatever, but I got a show that opened with Metal and continued to punch me in the face at every turn with new songs galore and Parasite, which is a fucking banger.

This was an AMAZING tour from the setlists to the performances to the chaos on stage and whatnot. They debuted THE PERFECT DRUG and played it multiple times. They debuted AATCHB and played it multiple times. They sounded amazing in person and in every video I saw from these shows. Quit yer bitchin' and soak it all in while we still have it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I saw the four New York shows and, aside from wishing I'd gotten to see AATCHB (which I think should have been on their regular tour rotation since 2002), I have absolutely no fucking complaints. Seriously, if NIN never tours again, I will accept that after Cold and Black and Infinite.

Never felt more grateful towards an artist.
    I self-limited (ha!) to the four NYC shows as well, and I’m in the same place mentally. So many bucket list items checked off, I hardly know where to begin. Aside from the presumably universal highlights (TPD, HIS, and the otherworldly Bad Witch trio), my personal best surprise was the return of ATLITW. I feared that was a Tension-only treat, and I was thrilled to be wrong.

As far as setlist misses go, I’m actually more disappointed at missing Dear World, than AATCHB. Huge outlier opinion here, but the latter never really stood out for me, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the former never returns given the apparently anemic response.