Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    down in it would be great to dust off the mothballs
    If we're talking about dusting off the mothballs off of PHM songs, I think it's time Ringfinger makes a triumphant return.
    I'd like to hear their take on a 2018/modern day update of that song!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    If we're talking about dusting off the mothballs off of PHM songs, I think it's time Ringfinger makes a triumphant return.
    I'd like to hear their take on a 2018/modern day update of that song!
    um, if a song hasn't been played since 1991 that's cryogenic storage. i'm trying to remain optimistic and realistic at the same time. but go ahead, prove me wrong!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How about some Fragile+Still action tonight before a new school affair on Friday?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Come on. We’ll get a 3 night THE FRAGILE residency in Las Vegas next year. It’s practically a (god) given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    um, if a song hasn't been played since 1991 that's cryogenic storage. i'm trying to remain optimistic and realistic at the same time. but go ahead, prove me wrong!
    You never know, Now I'm Nothing was defrosted in 2009 and that was last played in 1991.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    To be fair, 6 months ago, none of us thought The Perfect Drug had a snowball's chance in hell of being played and we all know how that turned out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    so is the conventional wisdom that tonight will be the new school complement to last night's trip down memory lane?
    The problem with that is how little it would offer to the casual fan. I think the smart thing about the 1989-1994 set is it's full of stuff for the I-liked-them-when-I-was-younger crowd but is also a nice treat for the die hard fans, who appreciate how atypical it is for them to do that.

Granted, this feels like a tour targeted to the long term fan, but it's not a coincidence that most of the biggest hits get played every night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The problem with that is how little it would offer to the casual fan. I think the smart thing about the 1989-1994 set is it's full of stuff for the I-liked-them-when-I-was-younger crowd but is also a nice treat for the die hard fans, who appreciate how atypical it is for them to do that.

Granted, this feels like a tour targeted to the long term fan, but it's not a coincidence that most of the biggest hits get played every night.
    i fully expect wish, hlah and hurt to be played tonight. maybe motp as well.

are the "hits"/singles from 1999-present not familiar enough to tide people over?

i mean starfuckers, hand that feeds, only, 1,000,000, discipline, copy of a, less than should yield sufficient crowd engagement if spaced out along the setlist.

there's no need to dumb it down. night 2 was pretty sparse on the oldies after all. only 5/21 were from 94 or before.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    i fully expect wish, hlah and hurt to be played tonight. maybe motp as well.

are the "hits"/singles from 1999-present not familiar enough to tide people over?

i mean starfuckers, hand that feeds, only, 1,000,000, discipline, copy of a, less than should yield sufficient crowd engagement if spaced out along the setlist.

there's no need to dumb it down. night 2 was pretty sparse on the oldies after all. only 5/21 were from 94 or before.
    I think The Hand That Feeds is the only one on that list that the most casual fan would know. I think of Head Like A Hole, Hurt, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, and probably Wish as the Big Five for the radio fan. The singles from the last several albums get radio play for a couple months after they're out but then tend never to get touched again.

I'm definitely not talking about dumbing it down, but you also want to do your best to satisfy everyone who comes to your show. I'm going to all six nights and have been thrilled at how different each night is, but a casual fan who only goes one night has certain songs he'd love to hear. It's not Trent's job to cater to that one guy, but it's certainly a consideration to give him at least some of what he wants.

I used to kind of resent The Hand That Feeds being a mainstay on setlists, because I think it's such a lackluster song, but then I thought about how there are a ton of people for whom that was their first NIN song or album and the one song they're dying to hear, so now I don't mind it so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I think The Hand That Feeds is the only one on that list that the most casual fan would know. I think of Head Like A Hole, Hurt, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, and probably Wish as the Big Five for the radio fan. The singles from the last several albums get radio play for a couple months after they're out but then tend never to get touched again.

I'm definitely not talking about dumbing it down, but you also want to do your best to satisfy everyone who comes to your show. I'm going to all six nights and have been thrilled at how different each night is, but a casual fan who only goes one night has certain songs he'd love to hear. It's not Trent's job to cater to that one guy, but it's certainly a consideration to give him at least some of what he wants.

I used to kind of resent The Hand That Feeds being a mainstay on setlists, because I think it's such a lackluster song, but then I thought about how there are a ton of people for whom that was their first NIN song or album and the one song they're dying to hear, so now I don't mind it so much.
    between you and me and everyone else reading this let's hope they play the requisite number of hits to prop up the attention of casuals while punctuating tonight's setlist with some unexpected gems. anticipation and word of mouth should be running pretty high after last night so here's to capitalizing on momentum.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Pretty Hate Machine beginning to end. Just once

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone have any luck finding a video of Sin being played the other night in LA? My Google-fu and YouTube searches haven’t yielded any results yet...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone have any luck finding a video of Sin being played the other night in LA? My Google-fu and YouTube searches haven’t yielded any results yet...
    my god look at all those pretty lights: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSV9BiHm6I/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

how to find Sin on Social Media:

1) Search for #NIN
    2) Look for RED
    3) Filter out CLOSER - even with sound off, I was able to filter out Closer because the lasers synced to "The Only Time" breakdown.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 12-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    only classic song not played last night in rotation this tour was eraser, iirc.
    The Becoming and I Do Not Want This were also notable omissions on that front.

Personal preference of course, but I would permanently retire Dead Souls if it increased the probability of either of these (or Heresy or Ruiner, for that matter) getting played more in the future.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Becoming was played night 2 in ATL when I went and I was very happily surprised!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post

Personal preference of course, but I would permanently retire Dead Souls if it increased the probability of either of these (or Heresy or Ruiner, for that matter) getting played more in the future.
    I've seen Eraser twice, but I have never seen I Do Not Want This or Dead Souls and I prefer both of them to Eraser, so I'd disagree there. Though, I would rather see Ruiner than any of them, so I'm with you on that!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post

I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more! Unless he was being facetious, in which case it completely went over my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if there's a chance the becoming could get played at one of the next three shows, my enthusiasm just went to an 11

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I love the becoming. Probably my favorite track from TDS. Followed by Ruiner and then Heresy. Why does he always seem to neglect playing the best songs?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I love the becoming. Probably my favorite track from TDS. Followed by Ruiner and then Heresy. Why does he always seem to neglect playing the best songs?
    To keep us always wanting more and just trickling little rarities out here and there when he’s in the mood. It’s pretty clever when you think about it. Plus trollage, but mostly the former.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones
    Wish
    Less Than

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    To keep us always wanting more and just trickling little rarities out here and there when he’s in the mood. It’s pretty clever when you think about it. Plus trollage, but mostly the former.
    Yeah, after the way this tour was going, I thought he was going to bust out every single rare and never before played song and therefore, giving fans a reason to not have to attend shows anymore. I kept attending shows in hopes 1 day The Perfect Drug would be played. Now that that is out of the way... I guess we move down the line to Sunspots and Demon seed. Keeps us wanting to come back again.

But even if every single song gets played live, I don't think I would ever stop going to see the band live. It's an addiction. Trent and Co. have one of the greatest rock shows on the planet at the moment. I hope he realizes just how important he and his band are to the music scene right now.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Got a stream starting about 35 minutes in, unsure what was played first... But try to update from here.

"I'm not gonna lie. We're tired. But we must suffer for art, and we shall tonight. Thank you for coming out to see us."
    Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves

Aaaaand, that was short lived.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-13-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more! Unless he was being facetious, in which case it completely went over my head.
    I hope he was being serious, because The becoming is probably my favorite song on TDS (Mr Self Destruct, I Do Not Want This, Ruiner, and Reptile rounding out the top 5) and its in my top 5 NIN songs of all time. I FINALLY saw them pay it in Chicago at my 8th NIN show. Saw 2 other favorites (Last and The Perfect Drug) the following night. I hope they keep this tour going into 2019 and finally book a MN show (or a show in Seattle or Portland because I have friends there)!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Pretty Hate Machine beginning to end. Just once
    Maybe Just Once.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Some notables: Becoming / I do not want this / I’m afraid of Americans / only / good soldier.

dont think they played anything off the fragile except Even Deeper.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    "I'm not gonna lie. We're tired. But we must suffer for art, and we shall tonight. Thank you for coming out to see us."
    Aww! It’s almost over! They’ve been playing their hearts out. Such an amazing tour overall.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more!
    if there's a chance the becoming could get played at one of the next three shows, my enthusiasm just went to an 11
    Well, you somehow called that.
    Unless TR was literally creeping this thread before they were about to go on... Kind of a coincidence if you ask me, lol.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Aww! It’s almost over! They’ve been playing their hearts out. Such an amazing tour overall.
    I don’t want it to end. I love reading the set lists and posts about the shows.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I don’t want it to end. I love reading the set lists and posts about the shows.
    Same here. �� Gonna miss the community so much! I feel reconnected to it in a way that I haven’t been in quite some time.