Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wait what? Is he saying this is the last time they're going to play shows, or the last time they're going to play those Bowie songs?
    Sorry. That should have been next couple of "songs". The last time they're playing the Bowie ones "for real this time". He has said multiple times now that this is not it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I can tell you why. It had practically zero crowd reaction. It was disappointing. That was such a good show.
    I’ve never been so hot and squashed in a pit as I was at Webster, so if the overall reaction seemed anemic, it could well have been that everyone was just trying to catch a breath. I suspect my attempts to cheer sounded more like a whimper at that point in the evening...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I’ve never been so hot and squashed in a pit as I was at Webster, so if the overall reaction seemed anemic, it could well have been that everyone was just trying to catch a breath. I suspect my attempts to cheer sounded more like a whimper at that point in the evening...

It was so brutally hot in there, the whole floor was covered in what I assume was sweat after the show. There wasn't a dry spot anywere. The crowd did seem pretty tame from what I remember. Me and my friend were going off by the side but the people around us were dead.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    It was so brutally hot in there, the whole floor was covered in what I assume was sweat after the show. There wasn't a dry spot anywere. The crowd did seem pretty tame from what I remember. Me and my friend were going off by the side but the people around us were dead.
    Really? I thought the crowd was bananas the whole show, apart from The Lovers, yes, in which everyone seemed to be catching their breath. In my memory, anyway.

I don’t believe I have ever sweat so much in my entire damn life. Like a sweat lodge in there that night. Buckets and buckets of sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    No video of “A Drowning?”

I bet Robin killed it on the ending too. Damn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    yes.
    Thanks. Hopefully, it will see a release.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Yeah, that was the middle of summer, and a Monday night, and that place was packed. Wow, I wonder if that one lackluster response really dictated their never playing it again...

Even if it did, I would have thought the response from the fans on this tour and the depth of the deep cuts would have spurred on to try it a few more times.

Here's hoping for a Trilogy show this week...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah, that was the middle of summer, and a Monday night, and that place was packed. Wow, I wonder if that one lackluster response really dictated their never playing it again...

Even if it did, I would have thought the response from the fans on this tour and the depth of the deep cuts would have spurred on to try it a few more times.

Here's hoping for a Trilogy show this week...
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm always the pessimist, but I'm honestly not expecting a single debut in the next four shows other than maybe a cover with a guest. They've kinda settled into a groove and I don't expect them to be doing anything much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Night one from San Francisco, in its entirety:

Great-sounding show, too bad the auto-focus on buddy's camera was all fucked for most of the closeups.
    Hey, this my recording! Glad people are finding it and enjoying it. Yeah, I know, I was getting all annoyed with the auto-focus, too--it's a relatively new camera, so I hadn't figured out how to fix the focus. After the show that night, I figured out how to refocus it and was set on getting a better video from night 2...but then they didn't let me bring my camera in night 2. I still got audio of the show and filmed it on a knockoff GoPro and my cell phone, but yeah, the video isn't the best of quality obviously. I'll still post it once I get around to editing it all together.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Nice job @rockthemullet ! We're glad to have a complete show in any case. @ninlive I'm sure will want your raw camera files for the archive...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Really? I thought the crowd was bananas the whole show, apart from The Lovers, yes, in which everyone seemed to be catching their breath. In my memory, anyway.

I don’t believe I have ever sweat so much in my entire damn life. Like a sweat lodge in there that night. Buckets and buckets of sweat.
    A fuckin sauna.

And to expand on that: I thought the setlist was great, especially The Lovers and She's Gone Away (and the lack of Hurt). I'm not sure how anyone could bitch about that set. From my spot the place was nuts from start to finish.
    Last edited by cdm; 12-10-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What is there, four nights left?

4. PHM + Broken
    3. TDS (-BMWAG +DeadSouls)
    2. The Fragile
    1. The Trilogy

This would all be in keeping with the spirit of the tour, most of the songs they have already played minus a few on PHM and The Fragile.

Let's do this. People will talk about it for YEARS. People will cry. It will be the stuff of legend.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

4. PHM + Broken
    2. The Fragile
    1. The Trilogy

This would all be in keeping with the spirit of the tour, most of the songs they have already played minus a few on PHM and The Fragile.

Let's do this. People will talk about it for YEARS. People will cry. It will be the stuff of legend.
    i love the Trilogy personally but I think doing a whole show of it would be quite upsetting for someone who went to only that show and wasn’t really into it - I mean I think that might upset quite hardcore fans, not just the woman at the tour beginning who complained about lack of Closer

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i love the Trilogy personally but I think doing a whole show of it would be quite upsetting for someone who went to only that show and wasn’t really into it - I mean I think that might upset quite hardcore fans, not just the woman at the tour beginning who complained about lack of Closer
    ^^ This is the exact reason why they should do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

4. PHM + Broken
    2. The Fragile
    1. The Trilogy

broken in full is coming (i think). it's been done 2x this tour already, so LA is a good spot for a triple dip.

tds was already played in full at palladium 09 so that one's a long shot. plus when was the last heresy or ruiner (personal favs)

too many from PHM are permanently shelved

i'd like to hear some ghosts material but that's in cold storage too

we may get one or more of the eps in full, that doesn't seem too out of realm of possibilities

as for fragile, i would like to hear starfuckers for old times' sake

other stuff that should get played
    only
    discipline?
    dead souls obv
    in this twilight
    great destroyer
    letting you
    eraser
    Last edited by 3po1nt0; 12-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    At this point, I’m mainly ready for these shows to end so I don’t have to hear people express how displeased they are about things they were in no way promised, despite this tour being such a landmark in so many other ways. :/ He could play every album from start to finish in one night and you’d still have at least a handful of motherfuckers say “Ugh but they didn’t play ‘Deep’ tho.” *promptly throws folding chair*

Such is the case for every tour by every band ever, unfortunately.

(For the record, I LOVE “Deep,” just needed a non-album example heh.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    “Ugh but they didn’t play ‘Deep’ tho.”
    "I'm glad that we got Closer to God, The Great Collapse, and At The Heart of it All, but I can't help but be disappointed we didn't also get Head Like a Hole (Slate)"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That’s pretty funny!

I don’t think it’s bad for people to express what they would dream of seeing but yes, the complaints on the other hand are mostly childish.

If there is one thing that I have learned from ETS it is that there is near zero agreement on a dream set list from anyone. The complaints are lame but the “I would love to hear..” seems fine to me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I agree that Broken will likely get played on one of these nights. Especially since they're filming the shows. It makes too much sense not to. They've debuted A Drowning and Welcome Oblivion at the LA shows, and I think maybe one or two more debuts are possible... cough Ruiner cough. But we shall see. Regardless, if they just play everything else that's been played on this tour, these shows will still be excellent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    broken in full is coming (i think). it's been done 2x this tour already, so LA is a good spot for a triple dip.

tds was already played in full at palladium 09 so that one's a long shot. plus when was the last heresy or ruiner (personal favs)

too many from PHM are permanently shelved

i'd like to hear some ghosts material but that's in cold storage too

we may get one or more of the eps in full, that doesn't seem too out of realm of possibilities

as for fragile, i would like to hear starfuckers for old times' sake

other stuff that should get played
    only
    discipline?
    dead souls obv
    in this twilight
    great destroyer
    letting you
    eraser
    Ruiner was last seen in the last Wave Goodbye tour and it was so soooo goooood <3

Hate having any expectations, but the only song I'm holding my breath for is The Great Below at this point. It wouldn't be if it wasn't a song they've rehearsed for that tour and then unfortunately saw it crossed out on the setlist for the show at The Wiltern

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm feeling a night of Broken in full then TDS in full. They've done Broken in full, they've done TDS front to back at the Palladium in 09, how else to top it? Logistically speaking, they'd only have to pick up four songs to do it.

As far as PHM or the Trilogy or Fragile in full, when on earth would they have had time to learn these dozens of songs?!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    when on earth would they have had time to learn these dozens of songs?!
    Eh, they're only onstage for, what, just under two hours a day? If we give 'em a few hours for meals and sleep, that's still nearly twenty hours a day. Chop chop, guys.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I would really love PHM cover to cover to end the tour. I know it's a year early for the 30th, but wouldn't that just be amazing? Imagine seeing Head Like a Hole open the show - that's when expectations just go right out the window.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I would really love PHM cover to cover to end the tour. I know it's a year early for the 30th, but wouldn't that just be amazing? Imagine seeing Head Like a Hole open the show - that's when expectations just go right out the window.
    I know they opened with HLAH at some point on Wave Goodbye. If I saw that, I'd probably leave, just because I'm so conditioned...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know they opened with HLAH at some point on Wave Goodbye. If I saw that, I'd probably leave, just because I'm so conditioned...
    lol

My pie in the sky dream is The Fragile in its entirety. WITT has only been played once(!) in the U.S. at a somewhat secret show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FONDA. HLAH/Terrible Lie back 2 back show opener. i just about lost it. then they played sin, but i was still thrilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    lol

My pie in the sky dream is The Fragile in its entirety. WITT has only been played once(!) in the U.S. at a somewhat secret show.
    Nah it was performed around 5 times in 2007. It was dropped pretty quickly, probably because of how hard it was to sing (even pitched down!)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Nah it was performed around 5 times in 2007. It was dropped pretty quickly, probably because of how hard it was to sing (even pitched down!)

You're both right. It was played 5 times, once in the US.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think a special The Fragile set is possible and Trent should definitely go for it. TPD should open the show as a pre-Fragile prologue, with AATCHB closing the night. It's my favorite NIN era, let me dream a little.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is this the tour spoilers thread or the song predictions thread?

Edit: Didn’t expect top of page for that post, but I’ll take it! Seems fitting.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-11-2018 at 09:36 AM.