Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’d be willing to bet having to return to “Trumpland” is gonna provide them with all the rage they need to pull it off.
    Cold and Black and Infinite Tour more like Fuck Off Tour.

Bring it on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    They played Ahead of Ourselves after Shit Mirror

Wow this setlist is fucking amazing, now I want more dates for Mexico I wanna listen every song
    I'm pretty sure they'll come back to the festival setlist for Corona Capital. But I'm with you on a second date at a concert hall, that would be way better than shitty CC PA. Let's wish for the best

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Happiness in Slavery sounds even better than it did when they were originally playing it in 1994. It's exactly how I pictured it in my head and it's incredible. All that was missing was the sound of microphones hitting the floor and a keyboard flying across the stage.
    I was totally expecting trent to scream "COME ONNNN" after "he thinks he knows what he wants" a la Woodstock.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    This is awesome, and it just dawned on me WHY he had us standing in line: if you know that your biggest fans are going to be at the show, the ones who stood in line for eight hours, then you can do ANYTHING. You can play the whole Broken EP one night. Maybe another night they play a quiet set. Maybe they’ll play some of the instrumental tracks or the new trilogy in its entirety. There’s no telling. We might really be in for a ride here!!
    Yuppers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Insane. So happy for everyone who got to see this! HIS sounds killer, they still got it. Holy fuck.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I’m so pumped y’all. This setlist is killer, the videos I’ve seen so far sound great. Less than 2 weeks for me and I’m dying with excitement to see what the setlist looks like in Memphis.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This year the band is sounding better than ever and Trent's voice is in great shape. It's incredible how they still manage to achieve the right sound of a record as aggressive as Broken live.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Someone spoiled the set for me on facebook of course. Oh well. BROKEN!!!!!!!

Really hope we can get at least a pro shot of Happiness in Slavery.

edit: looks like the guy with the camera was on stage for Happiness in Slavery.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 09-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Someone spoiled the set for me on facebook of course. Oh well. BROKEN!!!!!!!

Really hope we can get at least a pro shot of Happiness in Slavery.

edit: looks like the guy with the camera was on stage for Happiness in Slavery.
    NIN just straight up posted a pic of the setlist on their IG.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    NIN just straight up posted a pic of the setlist on their IG.
    Of course they did. I unfollowed and muted everything on twitter. But a buddy of mine shared an article about it on facebook after i unfollowed everything nin related on there.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looks like they were filming it too. Hopefully that video gets posted soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Honestly, in my opinion, at this point playing Happiness in Slavery is about as shocking as if they had played The Perfect Drug or Kinda I Want To... lets hope for some sweet That's What I Get on this tour! After that set I am really expecting some nice surprises.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So pleased they put This isn’t the place in there according to the tour journal. Some woman on twitter is whining about lack of Closer and Copy of A (randomly) so you can’t win with setlists

I saw the message of that woman and is the most stupid thing I've read in a long time, is a fucking selfish whining, this is my problem with social media, Fb, youtubers, twitter and all that shit, everyone needs to have a opinion, but people don't say anything interesting, just throw their shit, If someone "famous" doesn't like something everybody says the same, if someone likes something everyone likes. Fucking Assholes
    Are you going to ask a refund just because a band don't play ONE FUCKING SONG? You are not the only "fan" you know? There are a lot of fans, who are really happy, but sorry, this topic is not for talking about that crap...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I really hope someone recorded this show. I need a really great recording of the Broken EP live.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Full Broken! shocked! oh man hope they do this in Detroit!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I really hope someone recorded this show. I need a really great recording of the Broken EP live.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    This year the band is sounding better than ever and Trent's voice is in great shape. It's incredible how they still manage to achieve the right sound of a record as aggressive as Broken live.
    was thinking the same thing last night. About a decade ago Trent’s voice was a bit of a mess (LITS and Wave Goodbye) after getting sick early during the LITS tour. He probably sounds better now than during WT era.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I saw the message of that woman and is the most stupid thing I've read in a long time, is a fucking selfish whining, this is my problem with social media, Fb, youtubers, twitter and all that shit, everyone needs to have a opinion, but people don't say anything interesting, just throw their shit, If someone "famous" doesn't like something everybody says the same, if someone likes something everyone likes. Fucking Assholes
    Are you going to ask a refund just because a band don't play ONE FUCKING SONG? You are not the only "fan" you know? There are a lot of fans, who are really happy, but sorry, this topic is not for talking about that crap...
    I overheard a few people mumble about no Closer last night. It wasn’t bitching, more of a shock to them that they don’t play their most well known song. I’m definitely of expecting another night of Broken tonight, but do expect Closer to hit some set lists.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I guess I should've made the drive to AZ yesterday afterall

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I saw her comments, too. Ya know, if you went to both nights (or let’s say three nights) in a row and got no “Closer,” I could see being a little bummed if that’s a favorite of yours. But to say it ruins your night? Have you ever known anything about this band that you “love?” How spoiled are you? I’m kinda hoping they don’t play it tonight either, heh. And if they do, I kinda hope she didn’t get a ticket to the second show and misses out. Grow up.

Play the same set every night, and everyone gets an equal experience. Play a different set every night, and everyone gets a unique experience. You can’t win, and as a fan, you have to realize that before you get up in arms about your favorite song not being played. For all we know, Broken may not even be played in its entirety again, who knows? But no, be mad because the song played at every show for 20 years didn’t get more play. How unfortunate.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I am ok for setlist spoilers as it's not real until I see it played in person! A song title alone cannot represent the few minutes enveloped in fog, blinded by that front row of lights or the ones in the side when they turn suddenly flashing white repeatedly over and over, the harsh feedback from the massive speakers across the stage and to each side, and the flickering caperrings of the mad man I am trying not too stare too long at cuz there's four other beasts around him, but then he's pulling that mic stand close, choking the life out of it, his lips opening in secret....

Iiiiiii-uh have survived EVEryyyyyiiiii-thinggggg!!

(I love it.)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    was thinking the same thing last night. About a decade ago Trent’s voice was a bit of a mess (LITS and Wave Goodbye) after getting sick early during the LITS tour. He probably sounds better now than during WT era.

I overheard a few people mumble about no Closer last night. It wasn’t bitching, more of a shock to them that they don’t play their most well known song. I’m definitely of expecting another night of Broken tonight, but do expect Closer to hit some set lists.
    The first thing my brother texted me this morning (he lives in NJ, I’m in AZ) was “no closer??” After he saw the set list. I texted him back and just told him that’s I’ve seen it live before, and because we got the whole Broken EP, I didn’t mind at all not hearing it. And honestly, I’d take anything from The fragile over closer any day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see a full show vid

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What time did they start and finish last night?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Daaaaaammmmn.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    What time did they start and finish last night?
    9:15 - 11:00, give or take a few minutes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Grrr still no video of This Isn't The Place, that's the best song to come out of the trilogy, been wondering what it would sound like live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Grrr still no video of This Isn't The Place, that's the best song to come out of the trilogy, been wondering what it would sound like live.
    There was effectively NO stage presence for this song. It was black save for a two layer purple LED line that was projected from the back screen. That was it. Sounded amazing.
    Last edited by gamecat235; 09-14-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added word: “line”

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    There was effectively NO stage presence for this song. It was black save for a two layer purple LED line that was projected from the back screen. That was it. Sounded amazing.
    I still want to see/hear it. This Isn't the Place is my favorite track on Add Violence.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got accidental spoiled last night (friend was there and refused to post anything setlist-wise, but one of her friends commented about it. I'm ok with that, because it wasn't like "they played a song off the Trilogy that they didn't before so that's a possibility" it's more like "they could LITERALLY PLAY ANYTHING at this point WHO KNOWS HOLY FUCK" so honestly I'll be going into my shows still as unknowing as I was yesterday morning.

All I can say is now this fucking 23 hour one way drive I'm starting tomorrow morning will be worth it.

SEE YOU IN RED ROCKS!