Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Fuck fuck fuck, "Happiness" sounds so fucking good...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fucking hell that's a good start

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Holy shit! Now this is what I call a fantastic way to open a tour. Can't believe they played Broken in full! While I was reading setlist.fm, it didn't even click until I got to "Happiness in Slavery" and my heart just started pounding. I didn't even finish reading the rest of the setlist. I stopped and came here RIGHT AWAY to see what everyone was saying.

All I know now is, this first show has justified me going down to LA for some of the shows. I was on the fence if it was going to be the same set as Europe, but holy smokes... this blows europe out of the water!!

Also, if I am going to LA, I don't think I want to look at any more setlists... Who knows what they're bound to bust out next... and This Isn't The Place as well? Man, you guys in Phoenix got a huge treat of a night.

I have a feeling "Not Anymore" and "The Idea of you" will be popping up on this tour.

I also have a feeling that one of these shows is going to be one of the trilogy albums in full now.
    This is why I am unhealthily obsessed with this band. They do shit like this.
    What a time to be a NIN fan!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So pleased they put This isn’t the place in there according to the tour journal. Some woman on twitter is whining about lack of Closer and Copy of A (randomly) so you can’t win with setlists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Live debut of This Isn't The Place.

Saw this on the NIN reddit page: Also, I found it very interesting what Trent said after This Isn't the Place. He said that song was about a friend that he recorded the "next song" (I'm Afraid of Americans) with a few years back. I'm not sure if Trent has ever officially confirmed the song was about Bowie. I just thought it was neat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholyyouth View Post
    Live debut of This Isn't The Place.

Saw this on the NIN reddit page: Also, I found it very interesting what Trent said after This Isn't the Place. He said that song was about a friend that he recorded the "next song" (I'm Afraid of Americans) with a few years back. I'm not sure if Trent has ever officially confirmed the song was about Bowie. I just thought it was neat.
    I'm so happy that they're playing This Isn't The Place, it's the standout track from the trilogy for me, and to have it confirmed that it's about Bowie, which I've always suspected, just takes it to another level. And they played Suck again, another favourite! Less Than is now an encore song too...is that the first time?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Sick that they finally busted out "Happiness In Slavery" although it looked like TR was afraid to hit those 1995 high notes and piercing screams....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, fuck me sideways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow! waiting for Happiness in Slavery full video!!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    This is an excellent start. Let's see how this develops. Chicago in 6 weeks. Hopefully they won't forget to play more from the last EP trilogy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Somebody help me I can't stop watching this video
    That breakdown with 3 keyboards + drums. Shit!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sick that they finally busted out "Happiness In Slavery" although it looked like TR was afraid to hit those 1995 high notes and piercing screams....
    Yeah, I noticed that too. He just doesn't scream like that anymore, or he'll blow out his voice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ahh, The memories of the broken tease -Chicago 2009

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So pleased they put This isn’t the place in there according to the tour journal. Some woman on twitter is whining about lack of Closer and Copy of A (randomly) so you can’t win with setlists
    Who the fuck complains about the lack of singles when Broken was just played Ahah

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Happiness in Slavery sounds even better than it did when they were originally playing it in 1994. It's exactly how I pictured it in my head and it's incredible. All that was missing was the sound of microphones hitting the floor and a keyboard flying across the stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit, Broken in full! What an awesome way to kick off the show! Really nice to see This Isn't the Place in the set too, hopefully The Idea of You and more tracks from the trilogy pop up at the next gigs.

Seems like this tour's gonna have a bunch of great surprises!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did they play that godawful version of Only with pre-recorded drums and Ilan on bass again?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Did they play that godawful version of Only with pre-recorded drums and Ilan on bass again?
    It looks like they did. I dig the live drums better.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This is awesome, and it just dawned on me WHY he had us standing in line: if you know that your biggest fans are going to be at the show, the ones who stood in line for eight hours, then you can do ANYTHING. You can play the whole Broken EP one night. Maybe another night they play a quiet set. Maybe they’ll play some of the instrumental tracks or the new trilogy in its entirety. There’s no telling. We might really be in for a ride here!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    As one who witnessed it live it was not godawful as it seems like
    I like the drum sound of Only/Fur-Lined. I guess they preferred studio drums to live drums. Cortini could handle the bass duty with Atticus onstage, even Trent can fwiw. It's one of the easiest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yessssss

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That's one HELL of a set list!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Ahh, The memories of the broken tease -Chicago 2009
    With any luck, that tease might finally pay off this year if Broken sticks around for a few nights of the tour.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    DAMN! Way more got added to that set by the time I went to bed. Though I hope God Break Down the Door comes back into the set more as that song sounded incredible live. If they keep debuting new material from the Trilogy, hopefully Not Anymore is next to debut!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    One of the things that gets me about Happiness in Slavery being played again is that Robin Finck is the only guitarist to play that song. His backing vocals, his guitar tone, that's how it should be.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-14-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow. Can't believe they played HIS. It sounds great! Love love that guitar riff. Trent you son of a bitch... What a way to kick off a new tour.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'll admit I wasn't entirely certain how today's NIN could pull off a song like HiS, which is primarily fueled by rage.

Holy shit I was wrong, that sounds amazing. The lights during the breakdown worked perfectly as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can't see videos for TITP up yet, but if anyone does, can they link them in here please? I'm a lazy Youtube or bust kinda guy...!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Oh lord this is amazing. I'm so jealous of everyone at the show last night! Can't wait to see what gets played tonight and my anticiperection for both nights at Red Rocks is definitely going to last longer than four hours. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'll admit I wasn't entirely certain how today's NIN could pull off a song like HiS, which is primarily fueled by rage.

Holy shit I was wrong, that sounds amazing. The lights during the breakdown worked perfectly as well.
    I’d be willing to bet having to return to “Trumpland” is gonna provide them with all the rage they need to pull it off.