Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    And am I the only one who noticed that the change to subterraneans was done by a new user signed up today named teitan666? The 666 doesn't sound like him but if it isn't, using that name at least means it's one of us

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I can believe anything but for some reason not subterraneans. Gonna wait for setlist picture or some attendee to verify. :-D

Edit: Yah @arsenic !! You are my favourite person right now!!
    Last edited by m0reta; 10-28-2018 at 12:09 AM. Reason: I am beyond Fox Mulder now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I can believe anything but for some reason not subterraneans. Gonna wait for setlist picture or some attendee to verify. :-D
    Can confirm. I posted a video of it on YouTube

edit: I uploaded a shorter version

And here’s the setlist I got https://twitter.com/dariocotti/statu...225161729?s=21

More about the show later, I’ve got almost no battery left
    Last edited by arsenic; 10-28-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did Closer have an Only Time breakdown?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Did Closer have an Only Time breakdown?
    Can confirm yes for tonight.

Pretty sure its had that breakdown since WT tour.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Never saw that one coming.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Subterraneans happened. And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song? Very haunting and hypnotic. That was a fucking treat.

Edit: Jk, video sums it all up. ^
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-28-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Subterraneans happened. And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song? Very haunting and hypnotic. That was a fucking treat.
    I heard those lyrics as well. I can’t be the only one who thought the second Bowie song was going to be “I’m Afraid of Americans,” and was bewildered (and a tad disappointed) as I definitely did not recognize what was being played.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Okay, so the set did start with Now I'm Nothing - makes more sense.
    Yeah, that was the opener.

Been staying away for this thread for the past few days so not sure what “mystery songs” people are referring to. TBCD was played Sin was played. Starfuckers was played.

Was a really good show, a lot of the heavier/fast paced stuff was played. Kept the crowd into it, that’s for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Per Setlist.fm, the trilogy has been played live during CBI at the following clip:

Bad Witch, 51
    Add Violence, 35
    NTAE, 15

This seems to suggest that not all 3 installments are equal in the eyes of the boss, and are perhaps not a singular “trilogy.” Moreover, one might reasonably infer that Bad Witch is being featured as the tour’s token “new release.” In fairness, earlier installments were played during previous touring cycles, but they’re not exactly ancient.

Do people think that Bad Witch merits 3x more plays than NTAE, or significantly more than AV?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Per Setlist.fm, the trilogy has been played live during CBI at the following clip:

Bad Witch, 51
    Add Violence, 35
    NTAE, 15

This seems to suggest that not all 3 installments are equal in the eyes of the boss, and are perhaps not a singular “trilogy.” Moreover, one might reasonably infer that Bad Witch is being featured as the tour’s token “new release.” In fairness, earlier installments were played during previous touring cycles, but they’re not exactly ancient.

Do people think that Bad Witch merits 3x more plays than NTAE, or significantly more than AV?
    I think it means more that Bad Witch was released right before this tour started. Trent had other opportunities to post NTAE and AV Last year, even though he shows were limited.

Why The Idea Of You hasn’t been played yet baffles me though. Best song off the trilogy IMHO.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song?
    Sounds like a mix of God Break Down The Door and Over And Out. It sounds pretty great to me, though I'm hoping that, if it returns, Trent might sing the lines from Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) like Bowie did on the Dissonance tour.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I think it means more that Bad Witch was released right before this tour started. Trent had other opportunities to post NTAE and AV Last year, even though he shows were limited.

Why The Idea Of You hasn’t been played yet baffles me though. Best song off the trilogy IMHO.
    I wouldn't call it the best song off the trilogy but I would say it's one of the most likely to sound great live

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I heard those lyrics as well. I can’t be the only one who thought the second Bowie song was going to be “I’m Afraid of Americans,” and was bewildered (and a tad disappointed) as I definitely did not recognize what was being played.
    I also expected I'm Afraid of Americans based on what he said beforehand and was also bewildered (and maybe also a tad disappointed) as I too did not recognize what was being played. Still, it was sweet to see Trent playing some sax!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    THIS!! (Not that I'm complaining, this tour has been mind-blowing!)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This Subterraneans version needs to be used as an intro to the Bad Witch section of the shows.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth. This was like a package of every good thing you could hope for unwrapped before me. The opposite of Pandora's Box. Heaven. Just like.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Man, that Subterraneans cover is beautiful.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. I’m significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of “we live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it can’t get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.” The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldn’t get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing “Subterraneans,” ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, I’m giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth.
    Same. What a cover. Completely unexpected.

So there are lyrics from God Break Down The Door, Over And Out, and a bit of The Frail at the end, right ? That must be the most tracks meddled into one they did, I'd guess.

Here's another video, I hope we have one even better, and one video with I Can't Give Everything Away & Subterraneans back to back with the speeches. So I can watch it endlessly till the end of times, along with AATCHB.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Subterraneans was the first Bowie song I played when I found out he died.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Subterraneans?! With lyrics from Bad Witch?

This has to be the most epic, most amazing NIN moment in history. Oh to have been there. What an amazing tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah I had no idea what was going on until just right now when I came on here and saw this. I kept thinking is this the frail? But then he was singing God Break Down the Door, and I was lost.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-28-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The sax part sounded like Pallas Athena also...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I’m gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. I’m significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of “we live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it can’t get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.” The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldn’t get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing “Subterraneans,” ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, I’m giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?
    strap in you’re in for the ride of your life

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Here you go guys.

David Bowie for NIN fans: https://open.spotify.com/user/tricil...T2qyv0MG0-v2VA

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Here you go guys.

I'm gonna have to keep that list queued up! I'm normally the "pick one album at a time and take it in" type, but for a road trip where I'm focusing on not crashing, a playlist might be the best way to go. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth. This was like a package of every good thing you could hope for unwrapped before me. The opposite of Pandora's Box. Heaven. Just like.
    Same for me, and watching Trent mix in so much that Low influenced was amazing. That, Now I’m Nothing, Big Come Down and Last were the standouts of last night for me. This whole run was the most fun I’ve ever had.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Same for me, and watching Trent mix in so much that Low influenced was amazing. That, Now I’m Nothing, Big Come Down and Last were the standouts of last night for me. This whole run was the most fun I’ve ever had.
    Glad you were ultimately satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Here you go guys.

and then listening to Hunky Dory + Low + Scary Monsters + 1. Outside + Earthlings + Blackstar.

Covers pretty much what Trent was inspired by and what he inspired, somehow, maybe. Maybe adding Station to Station, Heroes and Lodger in the same vein.