Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The only songs repeated on both D.C. nights were Wish, HLAH, and Hurt

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    No you didn't. You just saw your favorite band live.
    This is true.

"Looks like I went to the show that was slightly less awesome than the one I didn't go to"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The only songs repeated on both D.C. nights were Wish, HLAH, and Hurt
    Same with Atlanta. And DC got 8 songs ATL didn’t. The catalog is insane this tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looking forward to my two Brooklyn shows! I think I'd squeal to have ATLITW, or Even Deeper, or Home. Doesn't matter--I know I'm in for a treat either way. Also bringing a friend who isn't really knowledgeable about NIN but is excited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Looking forward to my two Brooklyn shows! I think I'd squeal to have ATLITW, or Even Deeper, or Home. Doesn't matter--I know I'm in for a treat either way. Also bringing a friend who isn't really knowledgeable about NIN but is excited.
    I brought a similar friend to a wave goodbye show. She said she recognized 2 songs (out of over 30 played) but she had a great time anyway

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Happiness in Slavery/Broken & Perfect Drug blindsided the true listeners the most, don’t you think?
    I think that one night in Chicago might involve an entire TDS. Who knows what kind of guests will roll up in NYC/LA. Fuck they’d better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Happiness in Slavery/Broken & Perfect Drug blindsided the true listeners the most, don’t you think?
    I think that one night in Chicago might involve an entire TDS. Who knows what kind of guests will roll up in NYC/LA. Fuck they’d better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!
    Hey. Maybe keep the spoilers in the spoilers thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!
    Yes, please!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm feeling that the surprises for us nerds are probably mostly past by now and they've settled into a certain groove with the setlists, which are still pretty damn unique compared to tours past and still with a hell of a lot of variety. Cranking out shockers and debuts throughout the whole tour was probably an unrealistic expectation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone very cruelly updated the setlist.fm page saying that The Four of Us Are Dying was being played. Screw that guy.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Seems like they're settling into a rotation of sets now that they're premiered a ton of stuff. I think it's good to repeat the rare stuff so that more people have the chance to hear it, and plus, we've got some cities coming up with more than two shows, so those sets will likely have some weird shit. Can't wait to see how they go.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Seems like they're settling into a rotation of sets now that they're premiered a ton of stuff. I think it's good to repeat the rare stuff so that more people have the chance to hear it, and plus, we've got some cities coming up with more than two shows, so those sets will likely have some weird shit. Can't wait to see how they go.
    I would say that the next four shows are gonna be unique setlist wise because Brooklyn/NYC isn't really a large gap of locations at all. It's just like... right across the street. I'm positive alot of people going to Radio City will be going to Brooklyn and I'm sure Trent knows that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ehhh... there’s only so many songs they can possibly rehearse and play. I agree with some of the above posts that us dorks that follow this should t expect many more surprises. What’s left- Sin? Maybe The Idea Of You?

Regardless, if you’re a set list junkie this has been a great tour. Maybe the 500 LA shows will feature something like JLYI since there’s an opportunity to get different musicians on stage.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anybody catch what Trent-ola said at RCMH in his like third little speech – not the joke about pretending to care about Radio City Music Hall, or the Bowie cover lead-in, but the third one ... he said something about the shows or something about the shows "feeling right" or how it had a lot to do with "the audience." I could not make it out and I'm not even sure if what I thought he said was even close.

Great show. Since this is only my second NIN show despite decades of listening, I had a mostly all new setlist for me and it was a really great time. I was super excited to hear "Mr. Self Destruct," and since he didn't play "Hurt" last year at Webster Hall, it was a really emotional experience by the end of it. "All the Love in the World" was also a huge treat, and I was really happy to hear all the Bad Witch vocal tracks and the two other trilogy songs played. I think they sound great. Oh – and yes – The Perfect Drug. It's hard to process that that's actually being played regularly now. 1997 forever ...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tonight was a relatively safe setlist. Had some more rare nuggets in there, but still alot of well known material for the casual fan. My mom, wife, brother & friends were not disappointed at all. They got plenty that they knew. And if there was gonna be a show during this NYC run where they played it more safe, the Saturday night show in tourist hell Midtown at Radio City would be the one. So now that we've done that tonight...let's get weird the next 3 nights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Anybody catch what Trent-ola said at RCMH in his like third little speech – not the joke about pretending to care about Radio City Music Hall, or the Bowie cover lead-in, but the third one ... he said something about the shows or something about the shows "feeling right" or how it had a lot to do with "the audience." I could not make it out and I'm not even sure if what I thought he said was even close.
    Was really hard to make out alot of what Trent was saying. He was talking very low & bassy and was suuuuper close to the mic during his little speeches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Tonight was a relatively safe setlist. Had some more rare nuggets in there, but still alot of well known material for the casual fan. My mom, wife, brother & friends were not disappointed at all. They got plenty that they knew. And if there was gonna be a show during this NYC run where they played it more safe, the Saturday night show in tourist hell Midtown at Radio City would be the one. So now that we've done that tonight...let's get weird the next 3 nights.
    Yup. I think the Tuesday Brooklyn show is going to be the weirdest of the bunch in terms of setlist, but tomorrow will be much more exotic than tonight. I'm definitely someone who would've enjoyed a bit more variation in material (seeing A Warm Place the other night made me wild..) but this was the only night that was really feasible given that I can't take off work and had to come up from Philly. Nevertheless, they sounded amazing and I could hear Mr. Self Destruct and March of the Pigs at every show (by every band) for the rest of my life and I'd be okay with it. Perfect Drug was never my favorite song, but seeing it live was a little surreal after having expected to see it show up on setlists every tour 1999. This show also reaffirmed my love of the Bad Witch material, which fits in respectably with the earlier stuff. Speaking of which, no Fragile material tonight. Wonder if that's significant moving forward. I sort of thought they might play The Fragile as an homage to the '99 VMAs, so..it sort of stuck out.

Very glad I went.
    Last edited by Reznorection; 10-14-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My only hope is for I’m Afraid of Americans and God Break Down the Door on Wednesday, since that’s the day I’m taking my friend who is a huge Bowie fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What time do the standard posters sell out by? I am not sure if I should get there for daniel avery or get there around 8 before jesus. I’ll be seeing Daniel again weds anyway.

also i found a good pair of tickets for orch tonight for $130 each but I have to buy the pair so does anyone want to be my second man or woman in this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    With all of the variety in the setlists and the deep cuts/rarities being played, I'm especially excited for the announcement of the official Cold and Black and Infinite tour live release that never sees the light of day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hah sweet, at the Atlanta 9/27 show Trent sang "This is the only time I really feel alive" during TOT breakdown in Closer. Can't remember the last time he's done that, feels like 10+ years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc
    I hate to say this, but those posters are pretty damn hard to get. I hope you get one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I hate to say this, but those posters are pretty damn hard to get. I hope you get one!
    I guess that shoots down the idea. I am curious what tonight is, I don’t tend to like BOTP’s work but you never know.Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Overall looks like i am happy not getting a poster, its poorly made imo and pretty rushed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Hah sweet, at the Atlanta 9/27 show Trent sang "This is the only time I really feel alive" during TOT breakdown in Closer. Can't remember the last time he's done that, feels like 10+ years.
    I wish he’d just play The Only Time (and Ringfinger while he’s at it)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did posters sell out before Daniel Avery came on? Seems like on NIN live's twitter some guy said he was 5 away or is it just the foil prints that sold out?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ohhh Fragile Left so farrrrr! C'mon WITT!!!!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Womp womp!! Went into The Beginning of the End.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Ohhh Fragile Left so farrrrr! C'mon WITT!!!!!
    He did the same thing at Red Rocks night one. I turned to my husband and said "he's teasing The Fragile left, we won't get it but it's still an awesome way to open"