Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Going to all 4 NYC shows......Can't wait

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Going to all 4 NYC shows......Can't wait
    You should IG the band/management and meet them. Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that one...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    JAMC dont need NIN fans to love them. They're doing just fine being the godfathers of Shoegaze and Noise Pop. It would be nice if people were respectful. but I doubt they really give a rats ass if they aren't adored by NIN fans.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I went to Atlanta night #2 and in spite of being a fan for more than 20 years I totally missed the significance of the opener now I’m Nothing followed by Terrible Lie.

Apparently this is what they regularly played back in ‘91.

So this was truly a rare treat and a real gift for the longtime fans. At the time I recognized the song as “the only deep cut I don’t know very well” but now I realize what a mind-blowing moment that must have been for some people and how Trent himself was recalling his earliest days doing this.

Pretty cool.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Are we keeping track of what all has been played on this tour, and, if so, can someone turn me into it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Are we keeping track of what all has been played on this tour, and, if so, can someone turn me into it?
    62 unique songs on this year, 59 total on Cold and Black and Infinite (only ones played in the summer, and not on CBI were I Can't Give Everything Away, SICNH, I Do Not Want This.) More than NINJA (52.) And slightly less than they did in all of 2009 where they did 70 total unique songs (covers included.)

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-in...?tour=73d0964d
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 10-04-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Thanks @ryanmcfly . You're a heroic man who, like me, reps the Republic of Texas.

I'm thinking of starting a thread with a list of all songs played on this tour. I guess it would pretty much just need one post.

We could update it as more songs are played.

Any objections?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Isn't that what nintourhistory already does?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I went to Atlanta night #2 and in spite of being a fan for more than 20 years I totally missed the significance of the opener now I’m Nothing followed by Terrible Lie.

So this was truly a rare treat and a real gift for the longtime fans. At the time I recognized the song as “the only deep cut I don’t know very well” but now I realize what a mind-blowing moment that must have been for some people and how Trent himself was recalling his earliest days doing this.

Pretty cool.
    I Agree, and I was there as well. It was the first time, for me, seeing Now I'm Nothing live. It was awesome.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

Pretty cool.
    I got to see that opening in KC in 2009 and it gave me chiiills! I’d only heard of it happening in the past, never heard “Now I’m Nothing” before (saved it in case it happened at one of the shows I went to, nailed it). Fingers are SUPER crossed that we get to see NIN>TL in Chicago. Kudos on getting to hear it in person! It’s one HELL of a tone setter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I was in the same boat as you and I found them to be kind of like a poor man's Oasis. They were fine but definitely not a band I ever need to see again.
    Poor man's Oasis? Disliking them is fine. I like them but they're definitely not my favorite. That's just rude though

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just got a new IEM matrix recording from a show in Japan this year.
    Before I get bombarded by PM requests, I already shared them with Ryan (and some of my friends) so it could be shared via ninlive website later on.

The quality of this recording is phenomenal. You could actually hear what Atticus (and oftimes Cortini) is adding to the live set. One of my favorite from this gig that shows this is I'm Afraid Of Americans.
    TR's vocal is very prominent in the mix, throughout, but in a good way. As you guys already know he sounds great as he's ever been. You could almost hear him screaming on Branches/Bones.
    Other highlights include Even Deeper, Shit Mirror, Ahead Of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door.
    Make sure you get the recording once it gets released. One of the best NIN show I've been to, to be re-experienced in sublime quality. You won't be disappointed!
    Last edited by Lerxto; 10-05-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Isn't that what nintourhistory already does?
    well yeah, but it's not HERE, chief.
    I think it would be kind of cool if it was here is all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    well yeah, but it's not HERE, chief.
    I think it would be kind of cool if it was here is all.
    http://nintourhistory.com/

You're welcome

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I KNOW! :P

i just think it would be cool to have here on ets: specifically the songs they are playing for this tour.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Does it really need a separate thread? Why not just post here and edit as the tour progresses?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Does it really need a separate thread? Why not just post here and edit as the tour progresses?
    There is not that much thread going on, so why not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going to the Texas shows and I soooo wished that Soft Moon was part of that lineup. I love that band so much.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I just got a new IEM matrix recording from a show in Japan this year.
    Before I get bombarded by PM requests, I already shared them with Ryan (and some of my friends) so it could be shared via ninlive website later on.

The quality of this recording is phenomenal. You could actually hear what Atticus (and oftimes Cortini) is adding to the live set. One of my favorite from this gig that shows this is I'm Afraid Of Americans.
    TR's vocal is very prominent in the mix, throughout, but in a good way. As you guys already know he sounds great as he's ever been. You could almost hear him screaming on Branches/Bones.
    Other highlights include Even Deeper, Shit Mirror, Ahead Of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door.
    Make sure you get the recording once it gets released. One of the best NIN show I've been to, to be re-experienced in sublime quality. You won't be disappointed!
    Taking a listen and holy fuck this sounds amazing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I got to see that opening in KC in 2009 and it gave me chiiills! I’d only heard of it happening in the past, never heard “Now I’m Nothing” before (saved it in case it happened at one of the shows I went to, nailed it). Fingers are SUPER crossed that we get to see NIN>TL in Chicago. Kudos on getting to hear it in person! It’s one HELL of a tone setter.
    This will always be one of my favorite memories, and this whole concert was recorded in this quality(THANKS CHOANATIC). If you have never watched the whole thing you should, by far my favorite show ever!!!!
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 10-07-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really would like to hear more of PHM on this tour though. I think it would be amazing to hear what songs like That's What I Get or The Only Time could sound like with this lineup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I really would like to hear more of PHM on this tour though. I think it would be amazing to hear what songs like That's What I Get or The Only Time could sound like with this lineup.
    I would honestly be happy if Sin and Down in It made it back into the rotation.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    This will always be one of my favorite memories, and this whole concert was recorded in this quality(THANKS CHOANATIC). If you have never watched the whole thing you should, by far my favorite show ever!!!!
    Damn, I remember going to this! It was also my first road trip to see a show ... can't believe it's almost been 10 years now. Wish I had the chance to see more stuff at Starlight Theater, really cool venue. I remember being a little bummed about this set compared to some of the other NIN|JA tours since we got a lot of staples at the time like "Burn", "Echoplex", "Frail/Wretched" ... but hearing "The Becoming", "The Way Out is Through", "The Fragile" and "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)" and "Physical" for the first time more than made up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What time does NIN finish up?

Im going to the DC show and need to know what time NIN finishes up since the metro only runs until 11:30 pm?

Anyone?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Im going to the DC show and need to know what time NIN finishes up since the metro only runs until 11:30 pm?

Anyone?
    The two Atlanta shows and Nashville were over by 11pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah you’ll be cutting it close. I recommend Lyft or Uber

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Damn, I remember going to this! It was also my first road trip to see a show ... can't believe it's almost been 10 years now. Wish I had the chance to see more stuff at Starlight Theater, really cool venue. I remember being a little bummed about this set compared to some of the other NIN|JA tours since we got a lot of staples at the time like "Burn", "Echoplex", "Frail/Wretched" ... but hearing "The Becoming", "The Way Out is Through", "The Fragile" and "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)" and "Physical" for the first time more than made up for it.
    First I have to say The Starlight is a personal favorite venue of mine, seen Soundgarden's secound to last show at Starlight, the one before thier Detriot show.Yeah I know what ya mean about staples but I could hear The Wretched and Burn every time and be happy about it as they are 2 of my favorites along with Terrilbe Lie. Piggy (Nothing can stop me Now) was fucking unreal along with others of course. I relive that show alot and never get tired of it,lol. OK I will stop cluttering the new tour thread with the past now. Everyone have a blast in DC!!!!!
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 10-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post

Anyone?
    You might have to bail for the encore. About an 8 min walk/4 min sprint to Waterfront station and single tracking btwn L’enfant And Mt Vernon Square. WMATA is somewhat damaged these days.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Prediction time: Heresy makes it's tour debut tonight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    back in business tonight!