Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyarab View Post
    I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA?
    Well, the tour does have in its name the word "Infinite," so you've got that to go on.

If there is to be a Spring 2019 leg, and you're wondering when the announcement might come, all you can do is try to deduce from this tour (and to a lesser extent, past tours) the amount of lead time there will be. The tour routing of late has made reading the tea leaves difficult. Lots of major markets missed, several major markets blessed with multiple shows. Smaller venues appearing to keep demand high, though. Vegas and LA are perhaps seeing saturation, while other areas are salivating.

Any tour prophets out there?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA? I saw them the second night at the Fox in ATL and have been kicking myself for not going both nights. I have seen NIN countless times but it has been a while and I forgot how fucking awesome he is live. I got chills when they did 'Now I'm Nothing'... first time for me live.

And now it's like I need another fix. I'm trying to figure out how to see them again without it costing a small fortune. New Orleans is looking like the best bet but even that might be a stretch.

I find it kind of odd that he didn't play any dates in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh since he is from that area of the country (as am I).

Thanks for any info anyone can give.
    Paraphrasing in chronological order:

1. Last year - we are planning on doing a smaller amount of shows per year for the next however many years (then manage to book 5-6 months worth of shows for 2018 )

2. Sometime over the summer in Europe 2018 - don’t know when we’ll be back- if ever

3. Within the last week or two - we aren’t retiring from touring

This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA? I saw them the second night at the Fox in ATL and have been kicking myself for not going both nights. I have seen NIN countless times but it has been a while and I forgot how fucking awesome he is live. I got chills when they did 'Now I'm Nothing'... first time for me live.

And now it's like I need another fix. I'm trying to figure out how to see them again without it costing a small fortune. New Orleans is looking like the best bet but even that might be a stretch.

I find it kind of odd that he didn't play any dates in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh since he is from that area of the country (as am I).

I gave up on waiting for NIN to come to Canada so I booked a trip to Vegas which was cheaper than flying across Canada for a show, there are still lots of tickets available and if you do the hotel and flight combo it's pretty affordable. I thought about New Orleans too but tickets were almost twice as much as the Vegas shows. I'm hoping since NIN just did 3 dates in Vegas back in June these two new shows will have more of the deep cuts they've been playing recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the input guys. I had a feeling I might have to make a trek somewhere before the year is out.

"This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show."

At the second ATL show Trent did say that this is the most enjoyable tour he's done in a while. Hopefully it will be enough for him to add some dates in 2019 after a hiatus with the family for the holidays (speculating of course).

Will definitely check out the Vegas option. Should be able to get some good flights out of ATL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There are some rumors they will be playing in south America next year, in some days the bands from lollapalooza will be announced, so if they are in the lineup, there will be a big chance to see more dates

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Paraphrasing in chronological order:

1. Last year - we are planning on doing a smaller amount of shows per year for the next however many years (then manage to book 5-6 months worth of shows for 2018 )

2. Sometime over the summer in Europe 2018 - don’t know when we’ll be back- if ever

3. Within the last week or two - we aren’t retiring from touring

This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show.
    I'm pretty sure the love/hate comes from loving performing but hating touring (especially now that he's a family man)

we kept hoping (myself included) that the long gaps on the tour dates meant more shows being announced. I think they actually mean family time and there's not a thing wrong with that

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    And on a related note, just because it's family time doesn't mean he's not also working and the fact that the only show I can afford to attend is the first after an extended hiatus makes me hopeful that we'll get something really cool

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, here my attempt at seeing structure in this tour setlists
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=969508312
    Colors added only for those songs that appear on different lines. No movement = no color.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Meanwhile, here my attempt at seeing structure in this tour setlists
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=969508312
    Colors added only for those songs that appear on different lines. No movement = no color.
    this looks very similar to how I put together a track order for one of my live compilations....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I gave up on waiting for NIN to come to Canada so I booked a trip to Vegas which was cheaper than flying across Canada for a show, there are still lots of tickets available and if you do the hotel and flight combo it's pretty affordable. I thought about New Orleans too but tickets were almost twice as much as the Vegas shows. I'm hoping since NIN just did 3 dates in Vegas back in June these two new shows will have more of the deep cuts they've been playing recently.
    Well... I took your advice. Me and a buddy (coming from Ohio) are flying to Vegas to see both nights. Already booked the room (at the Hard Rock, got a killer rate and we'll split the room) and bought floor tix for both nights! All that's left is booking a flight. The wife has some extra points she'll use for me.

Can't wait to see them again... and again! Gonna be a pretty fun next few months. In January, me and the same buddy, as well as the Mrs. are flying To Phoenix to run the Rock n Roll Marathon (this will not be fun ), then heading to Jerome/Cottonwood, AZ to visit Caduceus Cellars again. Will be the first time for my buddy.

And more than likely I'll be gong back to the Fox in ATL to see a Perfect circle in October. Fuck it all... you only live once.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Whats everyone's thoughts on Jesus & Mary Chain so far? Sounding good? Anything unique happen during one of their sets yet? Has Trent been thanking/acknowledging them some nights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Whats everyone's thoughts on Jesus & Mary Chain so far? Sounding good? Anything unique happen during one of their sets yet? Has Trent been thanking/acknowledging them some nights?
    I'll preface this with the fact I am no fan of them. And their live performance didn't help. It pains me that I have to sit through them again, twice, in Vegas. I watched Tobacco from the Lobby, and they were vastly more interesting than JMC. Wish I would have went in.

And BTW... did anyone see Trent fall on the second night in ATL early during Terrible Lie? I can't help but think a younger Trent would have went nuts and start smashing shit. Ahhh the old days...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I enjoyed them. Better than Tobacco, Soundgarden, and other random artists I've seen them with.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I'm only really familiar with "Psychocandy", but I enjoy their sound overall so it was a good show. I don't think I've ever disliked anyone Trent has picked as an opening act besides Street Sweeper Social Club.

However, Tobacco stole the show opening act wise when I saw them this past weekend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well... I took your advice. Me and a buddy (coming from Ohio) are flying to Vegas to see both nights. Already booked the room (at the Hard Rock, got a killer rate and we'll split the room) and bought floor tix for both nights! All that's left is booking a flight. The wife has some extra points she'll use for me.

Can't wait to see them again... and again! Gonna be a pretty fun next few months. In January, me and the same buddy, as well as the Mrs. are flying To Phoenix to run the Rock n Roll Marathon (this will not be fun ), then heading to Jerome/Cottonwood, AZ to visit Caduceus Cellars again. Will be the first time for my buddy.

And more than likely I'll be gong back to the Fox in ATL to see a Perfect circle in October. Fuck it all... you only live once.
    Glad I could help! - I'm looking at these shows as possibly being the only chance we'll have to see The Perfect Drug, Happiness in Slavery, etc live before another NIN take another long break from touring. It could be like the Wave Goodbye tour followed by the Tension tour 3-4 years later... but they seem to be enjoying themselves so if they come to our towns next year that will be a bonus!
    Last edited by fishtifer; 10-02-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I listened to a few JMC songs and it's definitely not my cuppa tea. There's definitely worse music out there. I've heard mixed reviews about their show. I'm seeing them 7 times in the next two months so by the end of my journey I'll either love them or hate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I listened to a few JMC songs and it's definitely not my cuppa tea. There's definitely worse music out there. I've heard mixed reviews about their show. I'm seeing them 7 times in the next two months so by the end of my journey I'll either love them or hate them.
    You're gonna hate them. Not to mention they just kind of stand there...

and look sad.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I had fun when I saw Jesus and Mary Chain. Not life changing fun, but I enjoyed it.

Granted, that was 1994

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    OMG is that Atticus' vape pen (photo by Mike White):

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Has While I'm Still Here been played yet on this tour? There is impressive variety in the set lists, but I don't think WISH (not Wish) has been played.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    OMG is that Atticus' vape pen (photo by Mike White):

That thing directly below the mic? Looks like a gas station bottle of 5 Hour Energy drink. Gotta get caffeinated-up when staring at a screen all night and turning knobs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Has While I'm Still Here been played yet on this tour? There is impressive variety in the set lists, but I don't think WISH (not Wish) has been played.
    That would be a “no”. I think the only HM tracks played have been Copy of a, CBH, and Find My Way.

With this big a gap in shows, I wonder what a band does during a tour. Go home and eventually catch a flight I imagine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It’s a vape pen. He took a couple rips off of it after the Burn fuck up at San Antonio. Almost as much vapor as smoke on stage.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    It’s a vape pen. He took a couple rips off of it after the Burn fuck up at San Antonio. Almost as much vapor as smoke on stage.
    As long as he doesn’t start the place on fire like that HTDA video, all should be good.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Random question, but anyone know of a good fixed/fast lens, point & shoot camera for concert photography (and the occasional video)?

My camera died during TVOTR's "Dear Science" 10th anniversary show and I borrowed a Canon SX720HS for Atlanta, but didn't like the results.

To make it relevant to this thread, reddit user sunlips posted some great video snippets from Atlanta #2:
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 10-02-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We got Broken, The Perfect Drug and vaping on stage.

This is the ultimate tour. Never let anyone convince you otherwise.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I was in the same boat as you and I found them to be kind of like a poor man's Oasis. They were fine but definitely not a band I ever need to see again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I was in the same boat as you and I found them to be kind of like a poor man's Oasis. They were fine but definitely not a band I ever need to see again.
    I would never compare them to Oasis. They are more My Bloody Valentine / Sonic Youth type. More straightforward though. But noisy af (and that’s a good thing)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Found J&MC to be a bit boring as well. They definitely weren’t bad, and the sound was great, but too many of the songs sounded the same-ish. They did play one track that seemed to be a bit heavier than the others.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    J&MC remain a favorite of mine. I wish people hadn’t been such jerks during their set. I wasn’t during Tobacco’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    J&MC remain a favorite of mine. I wish people hadn’t been such jerks during their set. I wasn’t during Tobacco’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I’m with ya. I was frustrated in Memphis because people were being tools while openers played.

This is admittedly really dumb, but I try to go out of my way to be super encouraging to opening acts even if they aren’t my thing. They get all my attention and plenty cheering during their set because it would seriously bother me to think of some musicians feeling bummed that people were disinterested or even hostile while they played. Plus it also seems disrespectful to the main act who probably picked the openers themselves and may even be friends with them etc.