Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lol, I feel like I fucked up by only buying tickets for 2 shows...

I can't fucking believe this shit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Re: phone filming/photography
    my personal rule is if I’m going to record a clip or take some photos with my phone, it is always close in front of me at chin level. Watch it live, glance at screen from time to time to see how framing is, and ALWAYS at lowest screen brightness and no flash.

do not disturb anyone else’s experience in a negative way for a photo/video, ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yeah, this tour is fucking nuts. I can't believe he actually did and finally debuted it. It might be a pipe dream, but I hope that song becomes a staple for the first song of the encore for a majority of the tour ... or at least thrown in every night like you expect a song like Head Like a Hole or Wish.

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!
    I was worried about this on the NINJA tour with having only 1 Toronto show that I was attending but I got Mr.Self Destruct, The Becoming, I Do Not Want This, and I'm Afraid of Americans - was hoping for Ruiner too that night but was quite happy with the setlist! Crossing my fingers for Vegas...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The bootleg from last night is fucking amazing but in listening to it, it reminded me how much 1,000,000 sucks now. There are no guitars in the song at all anymore and because of that, it's lost all of its power and intensity.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Clearly "The Perfect Drug" was filmed from the stage - but who knows if we'll see it. Either way, with all this footage, someone's bound to make a great multi-cam at the very least.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Re: phone filming/photography
    my personal rule is if I’m going to record a clip or take some photos with my phone, it is always close in front of me at chin level. Watch it live, glance at screen from time to time to see how framing is, and ALWAYS at lowest screen brightness and no flash.

do not disturb anyone else’s experience in a negative way for a photo/video, ever.
    This is literally exactly what I do too.

Also, HOLY FUCKING SHIT I can't believe they played The Perfect Drug. PLEASE play it again in Chicago on night 2 or 3!!!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-19-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ That's the way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Clearly "The Perfect Drug" was filmed from the stage - but who knows if we'll see it. Either way, with all this footage, someone's bound to make a great multi-cam at the very least.
    I'm hoooping it was filmed (who are we kidding, it was, but that doesn't mean we'll see it for sure), but at least a couple of the cameras on stage were being used for the house screens. Not to say it isn't possible! If that video gets out I'm gonna watch it every single day until I get sick of it.

So help me god if "Demon Seed" gets played tonight or in Chicago. I'll scream. And you'll hear it on aaany recording of it happening.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What an impact these set lists have had. I just bought my ticket to night 2 at radio city because the thought of missing Broken or TPD was killing me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    These setlists are more than anything i could have wished for. I already have tickets for both Atlanta shows. I just bought tickets for the new Vegas shows too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where Is Everybody would be good, as well as Maybe Just Once could be played maybe just once LOL.

Ringfinger, The Great Collapse, My Violent Heart, some soundtrack stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So with TPD now finally being played, what other rarities could we expect? I'm hoping for Now Im Nothing, Great Below, WITT, maybe even 10 Miles High or AATCHB.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I think there is better than 50/50 chance they play a set of all three EPs back to back to back during this tour.
    I'm not so sure they will. I can see 1 of the 3 being played in full, like Broken was and then a bunch of classics after. But think of it this way, as a casual fan that wants to hear Hurt, Gave up, THTF, Wish, only etc. how angry would you be if you went to a NIN show and heard NOTHING but new songs. I think he would piss a lot of people off by doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would *LOVE* the thought of all 3 EPs being played back to back in a concert. Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.

It won't happen unless it is previously announced. Like Weird Al recently did a "no hits" tour, and he marketed it as so. He specifically said don't come if you want to hear the singles, because this will be a set of rare songs, no singles will be played, if that is what you want this is not the tour for you. If NIN was going to do it, they would probably sell tickets in advance saying "The trilogy tour: Come hear all 3 EPs played back to back"
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-19-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So tempted to buy one of those Vegas tickets, but I have a hunch that they’ll add a closer PNW date as soon as I do so. These setlists are unbelievable and also giving me so much FOMO.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Part of me wonders if having Atticus and Ilan in the live band might have convinced Trent to do the song. They might have helped Trent re-think how it could be played. The more recent collaborations with David Lynch might have something to do with it too.
    I look back at the previous incarnations of NIN over the year, and I don't think it could have been pulled off without this combination of musicians. Not knocking any of the previous members. They were all good in their own ways, but I think this lineup *IS* the definitive NIN lineup now. I used to think the Fragility lineup was the best live lineup, but they were more sloppy, which isn't a bad thing. That's what the band was going for in those days. A Raw, energetic, chaotic approach on stage, where it was dangerous to not only be in the pit for one of those shows, but to be on stage as well. No one was safe. But the fragility lineup, wouldn't have been able to pull this song off. Not even close. I don't even think the [With_Teeth] lineup could have pulled this off either.

Live NIN is like wine. It gets better with age. These guys are on the top of their game now more than ever.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    So with TPD now finally being played, what other rarities could we expect? I'm hoping for Now Im Nothing, Great Below, WITT, maybe even 10 Miles High or AATCHB.
    And All That Could Have Been is my top choice!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quick and dirty modified edit of TPD without the loud yelling - just cause. Figured I'd share. http://www.mediafire.com/file/d773xi...PD_mixdown.mp3

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm not so sure they will. I can see 1 of the 3 being played in full, like Broken was and then a bunch of classics after. But think of it this way, as a casual fan that wants to hear Hurt, Gave up, THTF, Wish, only etc. how angry would you be if you went to a NIN show and heard NOTHING but new songs. I think he would piss a lot of people off by doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would *LOVE* the thought of all 3 EPs being played back to back in a concert. Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.

It won't happen unless it is previously announced. Like Weird Al recently did a "no hits" tour, and he marketed it as so. He specifically said don't come if you want to hear the singles, because this will be a set of rare songs, no singles will be played, if that is what you want this is not the tour for you. If NIN was going to do it, they would probably sell tickets in advance saying "The trilogy tour: Come hear all 3 EPs played back to back"
    All good points and you're probably right. I could see it happening in NY (4 shows total between RCMH and Brooklyn) or LA. Counterpoint: Trent DGAF about fans whining. Counter-counterpoint: You're probably right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just listened to the "God Break Down the Door" performance from 9/14 and holy shit, I am so bummed I missed that. I never would have guessed it from the record, but that's gotta be my favorite live NIN performance since While I'm Still Here/Black Noise from Tension. That climax is insane.

Also, I enjoyed Trent taking special care to talk about how excellent and particularly underrated Year Zero is. He knows what's up.
    Last edited by loopcloses; 09-19-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    If anywhere, I think LA would be the opportunity to get really experimental like this, obviously.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’ve had enough held-up phones with unfocused video on phone screens obscure my view of the stage for long enough to realize that sometimes, you really, really don’t need to film a whole song out of focus and with your phone microphone, and yet people insist. Sentimental value/social media likes, I guess. I’ll snap a picture or short clip now and again but normally, they’re either just for myself or to rub it in a friend’s face that they can’t be there. Maybe that’s twisted, but it’s so fun.

A dude in the row ahead of us last night was filming a video and it was literally just blurred dots of light on a black background. Homie, what’s the point? Who wants to rewatch that? *shrug* To each their own.
    I agree, hence the "So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! ", fuck everyone who thinks filming more than 30sec for the memory is necessary. But hey, why not get a 10sec snippet for a multicam or somethin if you have the last mega-giga-phone-with 4K-60-FPS-ISO without putting it above everyones head.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    I think it's always for the screens on the side of the stage. But maybe they save the vids sometimes.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 09-19-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    well, this is insane right now! which one is the best video of both, HIS and Perfect Drug on youtube right now?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My votes for the next rarities are Home, Deep, And All That Could Have Been, & Beside You In Time --> Right Where It Belongs

Anyone think there's ANY chance he would whip out Memorabilia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.
    I agree with everything you said, but I think people are putting way too much stock into the Closer not being played complaint. Wasn't this just one "fan" that complained on twitter? Hardly indicative of the general sentiment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe not the 3 eps in one night, but I can see
    EP+Classics+other stuff =night 1 (NtAE Night)
    EP 2+Classics+Other stuff =night 2 (Ad Violence Night)
    EP+Classics+other stuff night 3 (Bad Witch Night)

I see not anymore, sin, we're in this together, Aatchb, where is everybody soon in the setlists
    Maybe Leaving Hope, similar to in this twilight in lits tour with all the band leaving stage, when the song is coming to the end.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I hope we get We're In This Together tonight. If it's a 100% staple setlist aside from that song, I'll die happy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Some poor bastard on reddit left after HLAH. I'm not sure if he's still alive TBH.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by therealns1 View Post
    some poor bastard on reddit left after hlah. I'm not sure if he's still alive tbh.
    rip in peace

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I hope we get We're In This Together tonight. If it's a 100% staple setlist aside from that song, I'll die happy.
    Ditto... If you win - we all do!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    It's amazing that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even on last night's printed setlist; I'd like to think perhaps TR 'called an audible' and busted it out without telling anybody beforehand.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's amazing that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even on last night's printed setlist; I'd like to think perhaps TR 'called an audible' and busted it out without telling anybody beforehand.
    Well, the lighting guys would have at least been "in the know". That lighting on stage was designed specifically for that song. No way they would have been able to improvise that on the spot. It was too spot-on to have been "on the fly"

If he somehow was able to keep that song a total surprise to everyone except who was in the band, then kudos to him. But Someone in the NIN camp would have heard them at least rehearsing the song.

Question is: Do you guys think this was a 1-off appearance of the song ever or do you guys think it will pop up again this tour?