Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I'm so sore right now, and it's unclear whether it's from climbing uphill to the venue or the savage fucking my soul took last night. The more I think about it, the more I realize how chock-full of songs I personally wanted to hear that setlist was. "Me, I'm Not," TPD, TGD, FINALLY hearing TDTWWA after a literal decade of it not popping up at any shows I went to, "Burning Bright," the majority of Bad Witch...The 550+ mile drive from the other end of Kansas was worth every inch, and the second show hasn't even happened yet.

This was my EIGHTH time seeing them, and HALF of the setlist was songs I'd never seen played live.
    Yes! This was my fifteenth and I am so, SO thankful for almost all of the staples being shelved last night. It makes me think tonight's going to be much more "typical" of a set and that's fine, but hopefully there's still a few surprises. I love how the sets so far are much more reminiscent of the 2005 club tour where there seemed to be no discernible "structure" to the sets every night. It makes it much more fun not knowing that when "Gave Up" comes on, we're going into the "slow part" of the set for the next 3 songs.

I really, REALLY hope we get In This Twilight tonight. At this point, that's pretty much the only song I've never heard live and I've been screwed out of it because of venue curfews on at least two occasions.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sweet Jesus! TPD!!!!! I WISH I could see this live.

Based off my youtube viewings... amazing performance and sounds. Totally NIN.

Ilan is quite the talent!! I wonder how much of the perc is Ilan and how much is Atticus? They must be passing the live kit through some specific filters to get that "perfect" sound!

Amazing job by all... I wish I could have been there.

Please come to Canada.

I think this version sounds better. It's a bit more on the lower end, but the high ends are not as overpowering as the version above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!
    I am slightly worried about this, I hope with only one show in some places he doesn't feel like he can only fit the standered hits in the set. Of course that is what red rocks basically got, the normal and a few slightly less regular hits and oh here's the perfect drug. So maybe as long as he squzzes one or two rareites in like we're in this together or sunspots, stuff like that mixed into a standered set would please most I guess. Every show I am sure will be a surprise.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-19-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Part of me wonders if having Atticus and Ilan in the live band might have convinced Trent to do the song. They might have helped Trent re-think how it could be played. The more recent collaborations with David Lynch might have something to do with it too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At this point I’m only worried we might have nothing left to bitch about after this tour, wow

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ilan is the fucking man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's the main thing keeping me from purchasing tickets to see them in San Antonio this weekend. They're headlining some butt-rock fest so I'm scared they'll play their festival set again. (Not to mention the $22 fee per ticket added to the regular ticket price!) If I go and I hear "The Fireman" que up, I'll be scared for the entire setlist.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    At this point I’m only worried we might have nothing left to bitch about after this tour, wow
    As long as he’s not dying. Which was my first dumbfounded thought when I saw TPD was played for real.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I remember the first show of 2017 tour was streamed live by someone on Facebook(?)
    How come it's not happening anymore? Is security a bitch or what?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Part of me wonders if having Atticus and Ilan in the live band might have convinced Trent to do the song. They might have helped Trent re-think how it could be played. The more recent collaborations with David Lynch might have something to do with it too.
    I’d imagine so. Having an iteration of the band with so many people with so much talent and skill was probably...instrumental...in deciding what songs they play this time around.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This means they might finally play track 48 off Broken!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it Ilan singing in some verses? Amazing performance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kolbydmc View Post
    That's the main thing keeping me from purchasing tickets to see them in San Antonio this weekend. They're headlining some butt-rock fest so I'm scared they'll play their festival set again. (Not to mention the $22 fee per ticket added to the regular ticket price!) If I go and I hear "The Fireman" que up, I'll be scared for the entire setlist.
    I hear Fireman start and I get excited because I know im going to get brutalized by Branches/Bones.

Or now Mr. Self Destruct, which is even more brutal of an opener.

Now Im Nothing has to be my all time favorite opener though, Trent please bring this back for the 2nd night in Chicago!!!

edit: here is an idea for a setlist, at least the first 5 tracks...

Now Im Nothing
    Terrible Lie
    Sin
    March of the Pigs
    Something I Can Never Have

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    OMG. Now I really got excited. Hopefully Chicago gets a good one too....
    Special about Ilan is not only his drum part, but he's also doing the second (high) voice during the song. Awesome drummer/musician!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yeah, I'm really holding out hope that the success of this year's prompts some more additional markets for sometime in 2019 and something much closer to us Missouri folks.
    THIS.... Since the 2013 KC show I've went to Dallas(2014), Chicago(2017), the first night in Vegas and have tix to Memphis, my wife gonna kill me soon. I might start my new job on Monday and have to skip Memphis if that happens I am driving to Nashville and getting lawn tickets.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    UGH. They're forecasting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon/evening and while the weather in Colorado is generally volatile and forecasts should be taken with a sack of salt, I've got a feeling this one isn't going to be wrong. :-/

Rain is fine, just no lightning...PLEASE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    ^ Reasons I only recorded about 30 seconds of it for Snapchat friends - There’s absolutely no way that it was going to happen and not be heavily documented by other people.

I’m starting to think that part of the charm of this tour is going to be “well, each city is gonna get something special that you just had to be there for.” I don’t want to make assumptions or get my own hopes up, for sure, I’m just saying that if you’re counting by cities, so far we’re two for two for something batshit crazy happening that none of us would have believed a week ago.
    Lots of vids but not a "fucking great" one though. Never overestimate people, considering every setlist is unique and got some crazy stuff. So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! Or just enjoy it fully without using your fucking phone I guess :p.

I would have come to one of these but the few thousands euros it can take is a bit much unfortunately..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I hear Fireman start and I get excited because I know im going to get brutalized by Branches/Bones.

Or now Mr. Self Destruct, which is even more brutal of an opener.

Now Im Nothing has to be my all time favorite opener though, Trent please bring this back for the 2nd night in Chicago!!!

edit: here is an idea for a setlist, at least the first 5 tracks...

Now Im Nothing
    Terrible Lie
    Sin
    March of the Pigs
    Something I Can Never Have

Don't get me wrong, I love Fireman into Branches, but I've already seen it.

I'd shit myself if I heard the first drum hit of Mr Self Destruct!

Now I'm Nothing is probably my favorite as well, but I don't want to hear it because that'll mean he's "done" again.
    I've had my suspicions that half way through this tour he's gonna be like "yep this is it btw, bye"

As for my dream set, I'd have to go with seeing the downward spiral live!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Lots of vids but not a "fucking great" one though. Never overestimate people, considering every setlist is unique and got some crazy stuff. So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! Or just enjoy it fully without using your fucking phone I guess .
    I’ve had enough held-up phones with unfocused video on phone screens obscure my view of the stage for long enough to realize that sometimes, you really, really don’t need to film a whole song out of focus and with your phone microphone, and yet people insist. Sentimental value/social media likes, I guess. I’ll snap a picture or short clip now and again but normally, they’re either just for myself or to rub it in a friend’s face that they can’t be there. Maybe that’s twisted, but it’s so fun.

A dude in the row ahead of us last night was filming a video and it was literally just blurred dots of light on a black background. Homie, what’s the point? Who wants to rewatch that? *shrug* To each their own.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Fuck it! I caved! Got tickets to the Friday/Saturday shows in Vegas!

I didn't think I'd make any shows on this tour. But between seeing HIS and TPD played, and the newly announced Vegas shows, I'm taking that as a sign I need to see them! I have goose bumps, I can't wait to be standing against the rails watching a live show!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    It's super-annoying when people film on their phone, and distracts from the actual stuff happening on the stage, especially in tight quarters when buddy's armpit is right in my face so he can get his terrible autofocused (blurry) video clip of blown-out strobe lights from above everyone's head. Yuck. But I'm not bitter (actually, I kind of am, this was a recurring problem last night at the Gary Numan show I went to see). If you're on the floor you probably can't see shit anyway and your big touchscreen is a huge menace to people around you.
    Last edited by botley; 09-19-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Four new pages since yesterday. Did I miss something?

*reads first one*

Oh...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    UGH. They're forecasting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon/evening and while the weather in Colorado is generally volatile and forecasts should be taken with a sack of salt, I've got a feeling this one isn't going to be wrong. :-/

Good luck with your show. That's always something that makes me so nervous about outdoor shows is that weather is always so unpredictable and getting rained on is just one of my biggest pet peeves.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post

Rain would be great. My friends came here to see Glass Animals last year and it rained through the entire set, made for a fucking incredible experience.

Please, fuck, let this show happen. Please.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    OMG. Now I really got excited. Hopefully Chicago gets a good one too....
    Special about Ilan is not only his drum part, but he's also doing the second (high) voice during the song. Awesome drummer/musician!
    I booked my flight from Berlin to Chicago the other day, @witte glad to see that you're also going! I'm still without tickets for the gigs at the moment though.

Regarding the first few shows, I'm speechless as much as you guys are. TPD was incredible, Ilan absolutely killed it.
    Last edited by arsenic; 09-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's super-annoying when people film on their phone, and distracts from the actual stuff happening on the stage, especially in tight quarters when buddy's armpit is right in my face so he can get his terrible autofocused (blurry) video clip of blown-out strobe lights from above everyone's head. Yuck. But I'm not bitter (actually, I kind of am, this was a recurring problem last night at the Gary Numan show I went to see). If you're on the floor you probably can't see shit anyway and your big touchscreen is a huge menace to people around you.
    It’s shit like that that makes me try to stick to a personal rule I picked up from somewhere: If I’m filming a show, I’m holding that phone as “in my own face” as possible, because I’m not about to be that guy for someone else. If anyone’s experience should be hindered because I’M filming on my phone, it should be mine. If that isn’t possible or I just don’t think it’s worth it, the phone stays in the pocket.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think we are definitely getting some PHM deep cuts. "Ringfinger" and "That's What I Get" 2.0 comin up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    on deck...Supernaut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    on deck...Supernaut
    I was praying for that when Ministry played right before Nin at Riot fest.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I had a thousand clever replies to post a second ago but the truth is that I'm just sitting here thinking "what the fuck just happened?"