Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    *cough* Driver Down *cough*
    *cough* Dive and Slam *cough*

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you in attendance, but as soon as the intro riff started, I lost my shit. No one else around me seemed to notice or even care. I told one girl next to me this was the first time EVER and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language.
    @elevenism and I were discussing something like that, how there’s a good chance that the significance of TPD being played may have gone over a lot of heads. I’d imagine more people were bothered that “Closer” and “The Hand That Feeds” didn’t get played. And that’s both the biggest shame and the most petty shit I can think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    @elevenism and I were discussing something like that, how there’s a good chance that the significance of TPD being played may have gone over a lot of heads. I’d imagine more people were bothered that “Closer” and “The Hand That Feeds” didn’t get played. And that’s both the biggest shame and the most petty shit I can think of.
    My wife and I were the only people losing our shit in our immediate area. I don't think most people realized what was happening.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Here's a video with better audio:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ Reasons I only recorded about 30 seconds of it for Snapchat friends - There’s absolutely no way that it was going to happen and not be heavily documented by other people.

I’m starting to think that part of the charm of this tour is going to be “well, each city is gonna get something special that you just had to be there for.” I don’t want to make assumptions or get my own hopes up, for sure, I’m just saying that if you’re counting by cities, so far we’re two for two for something batshit crazy happening that none of us would have believed a week ago.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm still in awe of this white unicorn. Thanks to those who provided video of it. Folks there were so damn lucky; curious to see what other surprises are planned. Amazing tour, already! Also, nice job Ilan, drumming the shit out of The Perfect Drug!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    A couple pages back, I told myself I wasn't going to look at any more setlists. I broke my rule today, on my own.
    I didn't come here first and look in this thread. I willingly went to setlist.fm and started from the bottom up...

First reaction: Hurt - Meh
    2nd reaction - Over and Out - What the fuck... man I just ruined that for myself. Pfft, may as well keep going...

"The Perfect..." *heart starts beating really fucking fast* *runs to ETS*

I'm disappointed in myself, but on the other hand, there is no way this was going to be kept a secret tomorrow morning. Every social media news site it going to have this everywhere, if it already isn't already. I feel like this song is going to be the worst kept secret of the tour.

Didn't think they could top Broken being played in full, and then this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I thought I'd seen everything, but that Instagram clip gave me chills.
    I got chills as well at the end part where it all goes quiet right before the lights faded from green to blue before the "without you" part.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

"The Perfect..." *heart starts beating really fucking fast* *runs to ETS*
    Pretty much the same except preface it with:
    *husband’s snoring waking me up*
    *checks setlist since I’m awake*

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Every social media news site it going to have this everywhere, if it already isn't already. I feel like this song is going to be the worst kept secret of the tour.

yeah, i couldn't really help myself:
    http://www.post-punk.com/nin-debut-t...-at-red-rocks/

was watching my friend's instagram feed casually, long past my bedtime, when it popped up and i got straight to writing. all the other sites are either sleeping in their beds or snoozing on the news, otherwise.

just now coming down from the excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I lost it at the Perfect Drug. What a fucking incredible night. I'm so glad I'm here tomorrow too, it's almost too much to process. This was an amazing show.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well...i wasn't expecting THAT! Anything is possible on this tour...ANYTHING!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any chance of these next?

Where Is Everybody
    Dear World,
    The Idea Of You
    Ripe
    My Violent Heart

Ghosts tracks
    TGWTDT, Gone Girl, Patriots, Vietnam War tracks
    Last edited by FineFinchTails; 09-19-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The fact that it seemed so easy to do makes me wonder what took them 21 years!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Disclaimer: not a complaint, just an observation
    The current setlists are nice and all, but I honestly expected more Trilogy stuff there, in the way that LITS was 60-70% YZ+Ghosts+Slip material and Tension featured pretty much everything from HM except Eater and Everything.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you in attendance, but as soon as the intro riff started, I lost my shit. No one else around me seemed to notice or even care. I told one girl next to me this was the first time EVER and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language.
    I recognized it and denied it for a second, then instantly yelled oh my god what and turned to my husband to tell him that not only has this never been played before live, but it’s the joke within the community as the song that will never be played live. I do not regret spending way more than I should have to go both nights at Red Rocks and both nights in Brooklyn. This tour, this fucking tour.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I recognized it and denied it for a second, then instantly yelled oh my god what and turned to my husband to tell him that not only has this never been played before live, but it’s the joke within the community as the song that will never be played live. I do not regret spending way more than I should have to go both nights at Red Rocks and both nights in Brooklyn. This tour, this fucking tour.
    Me and @ImTheWiseJanitor screamed and like violently hugged each other and then screamed some more, and then he said "no. No dude. This isn't real. This isn't really happening" while it was happening

And yeah, I don't think much of this crowd understood what they were privy to.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Disclaimer: not a complaint, just an observation
    The current setlists are nice and all, but I honestly expected more Trilogy stuff there, in the way that LITS was 60-70% YZ+Ghosts+Slip material and Tension featured pretty much everything from HM except Eater and Everything.
    I'd seen a few people post here hoping that more Ghosts tracks would make a comeback this tour, and I'm totally in that boat, however...I would LOVE to see them drop "Play the Goddamned Part" or "I'm Not From This World" in promotion of the new album. But I'm not so hopeful that I don't see how those songs may not translate as well/be as popular in a live setting. Shit, though. Just thinking about that sax in PTGP being played live gives me chills.

But hey, like everyone else is saying - right now, I'd say absolutely anything is possible setlist-wise this tour. And we're only three shows in.

Edit: V Good timing! I was about to see if you guys ever made it back to your car alive.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hahaha just watched into door of hotel room and the police procedural show that's on is the one that features The Great Collapse.

Sweet synchronicity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Need to hear how they interpreted the drum n bass breakdown.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post

Edit: V Good timing! I was about to see if you guys ever made it back to your car alive.
    hahaha
    AMAZINGLY, we figured it out.

But we had to hike down the side of the goddamn mountain for like ... 35 or 40 min? Lolol.
    And then walk down the street for a long time.

The wife actually sat down when we got to the street; we still weren't sure we were in the right place lolol

I was SO fucking happy when I found the car man.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How everyone who was at the Red Rocks show tonight feels.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hahaha just watched into door of hotel room and the police procedural show that's on is the one that features The Great Collapse.

Sweet synchronicity!
    I’m so glad you were able to come after all! What an amazing show! Tomorrow I’ll be getting there a little earlier to chill with anyone who is around.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I’m so glad you were able to come after all! What an amazing show! Tomorrow I’ll be getting there a little earlier to chill with anyone who is around.
    Hell yes! And thanks!!!
    I wish you'd been in GA tonight and sat with us. :/?
    I mean , don't get me wrong: I'm happy you were sitting where you were, too. But it was SO badass to sit with @ImTheWiseJanitor , with someone who "gets it."

Tomorrow I'm in row 29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh my fucking god it happened it actually happened i can't believe my eyes and ears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    now that everything is on the table can trent like go on stage on a fetish leather suit and do kinda i want to thx

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So like, as much as I love Hurt, I REALLY wish they wouldn't close with it.
    I didn't just tear up a little tonight. I was fucking CRYING, like, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So like, as much as I love Hurt, I REALLY wish they wouldn't close with it.
    I didn't just tear up a little tonight. I was fucking CRYING, like, with tears streaming down my cheeks.
    If I still had that reaction to the song, I would disagree with you a million percent. As it is, I agree for the exact opposite reason

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was fucking CRYING
    I don't get to see Nine Inch Nails very often, but I thought I was a little jaded on Hurt until the RFH. Caught me quite by surprise.

But anyway... The Perfect Drug eh? How was it for you guys?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit, I haven't even listened to it yet, I just saw that shit on setlist fm, my heart jumped a few beats and I immediately came here. Absolute fucking madman!

He's killing our memes to satisfy our dreams. Very good rendition, just finished it. Man, I love this fella.
    Last edited by Volband; 09-19-2018 at 05:19 AM.