Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jonah Hill’s “Mid 90s” (2018)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    You can get all the material that Trent posted to Apple Music Connect (including the Gone Girl tracks) from here:

https://mega.nz/#!uBMyVQoC!CqZKOv4Td...iiyiY94-ERArSg
    Thank you.

"There's five altogether"

>Only 2 tracks

Aw

Really interesting though, feels like another type of music they could go into

By the way, if you have all the "samplers", multitracks for the scores, that would be very nice. I think there was one for The Social Network and one other soundtrack ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    The full score is released on the 29th. From what I heard. I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe it's only 12 minutes long.
    So fake news?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    for anyone who has purchased this on nin.com, is there a null# and/or catalog number in the notes?
    Nope. Just the files and artwork. No notes embedded or anything.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    While I agree that Howard should probably let the guy answer a question before spitting out a bouquet of his bullshit, I have to give Jonah Hill props for being so adamant about making sure Atticus is equally credited for their contributions. I love TR, but Howard seemed like he was focusing entirely on TR’s contribution and no one else’s.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    for anyone who has purchased this on nin.com, is there a null# and/or catalog number in the notes?

No null number that I can find... weird.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You can get all the material that Trent posted to Apple Music Connect (including the Gone Girl tracks) from here:

https://mega.nz/#!uBMyVQoC!CqZKOv4Td...iiyiY94-ERArSg

Mega wants a decryption key... key?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Mega wants a decryption key... key?
    It downloaded and extracted for me without prompting for any key or password.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It downloaded and extracted for me without prompting for any key or password.
    What browser did you use? I tried with Chrome. I'll try some other browsers tonight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What browser did you use? I tried with Chrome. I'll try some other browsers tonight.
    Make sure you copy the ENTIRE URL. Part of it IS the decryption key. If you're getting the prompt for a key, look at the URL you're at, whatever isn't there that is in the post here is the decryption key.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Make sure you copy the ENTIRE URL. Part of it IS the decryption key. If you're getting the prompt for a key, look at the URL you're at, whatever isn't there that is in the post here is the decryption key.
    So I was copying and pasting the link which as presented it is shorten with "..." in the middle. I clicked on it from the post and it opened with no request for the key. What appears in the browser bar is definitely different than what the link looks like in the post. I should have looked at the properties of the link vs what is presented. Thank you @zecho !

Anyway, thank you @TheBang for sharing this! I really appreciate it!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So I was copying and pasting the link which as presented it is shorten with "..." in the middle. I clicked on it from the post and it opened with no request for the key. What appears in the browser bar is definitely different than what the link looks like in the post. I should have looked at the properties of the link vs what is presented. Thank you @zecho!

Anyway, thank you @TheBang for sharing this! I really appreciate it!
    Yes, vbulletin shortens the display of long URLs, but the full URL is in the hyperlink, of course. If you want to copy/paste, you should right-click the hyperlink and choose "Copy Link Address".

Don't thank me for the archive. @ninjaw is the one who compiled and uploaded it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    While I agree that Howard should probably let the guy answer a question before spitting out a bouquet of his bullshit, I have to give Jonah Hill props for being so adamant about making sure Atticus is equally credited for their contributions. I love TR, but Howard seemed like he was focusing entirely on TR’s contribution and no one else’s.
    He can be insufferable on many topics, music being one of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

New Nike commercial with Kyrie Irving features "The Start of Things". I love this track and it fits extremely well with the sentiment of this commercial.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushingreality View Post
    New Nike commercial with Kyrie Irving features "The Start of Things". I love this track and it fits extremely well with the sentiment of this commercial.
    DAAAAAAMN.... I thought I heard this in that commercial. But I wasn't too sure! Righteous!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is my favorite TR/AR score besides The Social Network

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I haven't seen the film yet but I listened to the four tracks and...jesus "The Start of Things" hit me really hard. It's been playing in the back of my head ever since I heard it and makes me want to cry because it's so vulnerable/melancholy, kind of like A Warm Place.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just watched the film earlier this week, and I enjoyed it a lot! It would be nice for the original score to exist in some physical form; maybe a one-sided 12" record would be fun. But a cassette would perhaps be more period-appropriate...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Watched it yesterday. Excellent film. Amazing acting. I was pleasantly surprised by how little music the film had, as I like movies with little to no music (e.g. No Country for Old Men).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Just watched the film earlier this week, and I enjoyed it a lot! It would be nice for the original score to exist in some physical form; maybe a one-sided 12" record would be fun. But a cassette would perhaps be more period-appropriate...
    Oh. I would buy a cassette of this score. That's pretty much perfect.

Movie will only be out at the end of April here, that's a long wait.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finally saw the film and really liked it. Trent & Atticus' score moves in and out of the film at the right times. It's probably their most understated score, which also makes it one of their most effective scores to date.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    FYI the movie is up on Amazon Prime Video here in US.
    Last edited by m0reta; 04-19-2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Can I not.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    my wife and I watched the movie over the weekend and we thought it was okay. nothing ground breaking. the score does make its appearances but is not so prominent as are TRAR other scores.
    the movie is a bit slow paced at the beginning and does pick up (as much as this movie can "pick up") towards the middle-end). the acting was pretty good but I would have to give it a 6.5-7/10.