Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1122

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I already feel burned out.

Hopefully this all comes together, but he wants this all to connect through gaming as well? This can get messy very quickly, or be some of the best cohesion we have seen in recent memory.

Really interested what insider rumors will pop up at work once casting starts!

Edit: Shazam! Fury of the God's leading directly into The Flash, which is apparently kickstarting the new DCEU still just leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Ezra Miller front and center, meanwhile Henry Cavill gets kicked to the curb.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-31-2023 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    just saw the part in the Gunn video where he praises The Flash. He talks about Henry Cavill getting dicked around but praises that movie? Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Edit: Shazam! Fury of the God's leading directly into The Flash, which is apparently kickstarting the new DCEU still just leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Ezra Miller front and center, meanwhile Henry Cavill gets kicked to the curb.
    yeah that's frustrating. At least he (Gunn) did clearly state it was shitty management on that front so that's good. No room for wiggle at all on that front, it's a shit situation and he agrees. I just wish the same could be said for Miller.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-31-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah that friction is really shitty, but it bodes well to hear theres an actual plan and to have some cards on the table

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    just saw the part in the Gunn video where he praises The Flash. He talks about Henry Cavill getting dicked around but praises that movie? Weird.yeah that's frustrating. At least he (Gunn) did clearly state it was shitty management on that front so that's good. No room for wiggle at all on that front, it's a shit situation and he agrees. I just wish the same could be said for Miller.
    Yeaa, I know the whole story, it just sucks seeing someone so passionate about source material, get dicked around like that; Hollywood does anything they can to avoid it. However, I am psyched about Warhammer and what the series and movie will bring to that beloved franchise with Cavill helming it.

That Flash movie better be like finding Vibranium for the first time.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In Gunn I trust.

There are two things I've learned about him over the years: he always has a clear vision of his projects that goes far beyond what we see on screen and his work is grounded in deep human emotions like loneliness, otherness, fear, love, friendship... that's how he made a lot of people (including me) care about a talking raccoon and a walking tree. He cares about his characters and his caring makes us care in return.

So yeah, in Gunn I trust, completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So they're keeping Aquaman and...The Flash? sigh.
    No, the flash film (which is based on flashpoint,which reset the dc continuity going into the new 52) is the reset. Aquaman 2, shazam 2 and blue beetle all take place before the flashpoint . I think waller the show may also take place before the flashpoint. There is zero chance, despite what Mr Gunn said that Ezra is back. I also doubt he does any press to promote the new film.

I'm excited. As a massive comic nerd they hit on a lot of sweet spots. Esp Grant Morrison influenced superman and batman. Grant Morrisons all star superman and his entire batman run (including final crisis) are two of my fav runs of all time. At this point I don't have any reason to distrust Mr Gunn as his marvel work and DC work has been fantastic. As a massive, massive barman fanatic (I've read almost every issue with batman in it post crisis) being able to keep the reveesverse and getting a Grants Morrison influenced bat film is really a dream come true.

Now on to green latern. I am excited for this. I highly suspect what they will discover is either lazarus pits or darkseid bullshit. Giving fans both the most popular lanterns is a real smart move. Can't wait to see who's casted... Just floored and excited that these characters I love (and read daily, it's a sickness) are going to be coming in new forms and formats... As much as I liked Snyder's justice league trilogy I'm super super happy with how this has all turned out. Plus keaton batman this year!!! Dope!!!
    Last edited by Zur En Arrh; 02-01-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    In Gunn I trust.

There are two things I've learned about him over the years: he always has a clear vision of his projects that goes far beyond what we see on screen and his work is grounded in deep human emotions like loneliness, otherness, fear, love, friendship... that's how he made a lot of people (including me) care about a talking raccoon and a walking tree. He cares about his characters and his caring makes us care in return.

So yeah, in Gunn I trust, completely.
    Well put. He hasn't let me down yet, haha.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. There's a book he wrote that's not great Bob.

Though I may read it again. I seem to recall when I read it thinking, "This James Gunn guy is a complete tool" because he named the protagonist after himself so it was, iirc, hard to sort that it wasn't a retelling of true events or not.
    In the summer of 1995, a 25-year-old orderly named James Gunn starts pilfering drugs from New York City's Saint Dominic's Hospital to finance his addiction to buying the retro toys he loved while growing up in St. Louis. When he's not on one of his frequent, blind-drunk benders, having sloppy sex with random women, Jimmy basks in the magnificence of Charlie Barlow's antique toy store, where he spends thousands of dollars on TV paraphernalia, action figures, robots and games, in an attempt to recapture the few moments of beauty in his mostly horrifying childhood.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yeaa, I really like his style, but it starts to become a tad recycled after awhile. I'm not bowing down to him because he made a handful of good movies. Suicide Squad is severely overrated, and Guardians 2 was... Eh.

I'm sure I will like it much more than anything the Snyderverse had to offer (My lord, was Justice League and Batman VS Superman complete stinkers) but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Guardians 2 is much the same as WW84 where the director was given more control over the script and we ended up with something not quite as good as the first.

Not equating the two in anything other than that distinction because woah-nelly there's a gulf of difference b/t the two.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ok yeah I forgot about Suicide Squad. So he’s let me down ONE TIME lol.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Guardians 2 was terrible, but Suicide Squad and Peacemaker was great.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Gahhh, I totally forgot about Peacemaker! Worth the watch I'm assuming?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Guardians 2 was terrible, but Suicide Squad and Peacemaker was great.
    Guardians 2 was NOT terrible. It just wasn't as great as the original. Yondu's arc was unexpectedly touching and Ego was a better/more interesting villain than Ronan.
    As for THE Suicide Squad, it was much better than Suicide Squad, but IMO not as good as either of the Guardians movies. Granted, I've only seen it once. Maybe I should pop it in again this weekend...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Gahhh, I totally forgot about Peacemaker! Worth the watch I'm assuming?
    amazingly? yeah. it's like The Boys a bit in that there's some Nazi side story but it's good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    amazingly? yeah. it's like The Boys a bit in that there's some Nazi side story but it's good.
    I trust your feedback alle, thanks . Definitely checking it out when I have some time, next week.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    as someone who lives in Washington state the license plates bothered me because, well, you'll see why. lol

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Guardians 2 was NOT terrible. It just wasn't as great as the original. Yondu's arc was unexpectedly touching and Ego was a better/more interesting villain than Ronan.
    As for THE Suicide Squad, it was much better than Suicide Squad, but IMO not as good as either of the Guardians movies. Granted, I've only seen it once. Maybe I should pop it in again this weekend...
    To me, who and guardians 2 just felt like one big exposition dump. It's a lot of telling, not showing. The movie has it's highlights for sure but to me it was a dud.

The Suicide Squad fired on all cylinders to me, all the wacky Kaiju Sea Star stuff and the characters felt a lot more interesting and fun. The one thing I hated about it was Harley Quinn's jailbreak scene, it just felt like they didn't know what to do with her so they gave her some really bland gun fu bullshit that seemed inconsistent with her character.

Peacemaker... All the way through peacemaker rules. It's more tender than the other James Gunn stuff, and often more surprising.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It would be nice if Ezra Miller would clean up their act going forward so I don't have to feel guilty or weird about being mildly interested in this Flash movie. IMO, it's the most appealing movie DC has had for a while.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-11-2023 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Boom.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Boom.

I'm ugly crying of happiness right now. I didn't think it was possible.

It's easier to understand why the movie wasn't shelved, right?

Anyone telling me they didn't get ALL THE FEELS when seeing Keaton's Batman is a lying liar who LIES.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Affleck blue and grey batsuit looks good too!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm def hyped for the movie

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Keaton is the only thing that really made me gush. The CGI looks great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can understand why they really didn't want to cancel this movie. Looks pretty damn entertaining.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The only issue I have is that Michael Keaton is what, 60? (editor's note: he's 71) and jumping around all nimbly bimbly like he's Spider-Man? They do Dark Knight Returns and give him armor, sure.

Other than that? I only watched the TV spot so far and it was great. so many goosebumps, like seeing Spoiler: Zod ffs. I can def see why Gunn says that now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sigh....I guess I'm seeing this. Fantastic trailer. When they showed Michael Shannon i was like...ok, they're not f'ing around with this one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Flash was set for release on March 23, 2018
    cue Spongbob Five Years Later...
    Muschietti and Hodson joined the film in July 2019, and pre-production began in January 2020. The film is influenced by the comic book storyline Flashpoint, featuring multiple DC Comics characters including both Ben Affleck and Keaton reprising their respective versions of Batman. Filming took place from April to October 2021 at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, and on location around the United Kingdom.
    between covid and reshoots and shakeups I have to wonder at how much of the film is from the 2021 filming and how much is just straight-up reshoots because of everything happening behind the scenes.

Also Faora is back? Actually a little more interested now, that character was hard in MoS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had a hard time wrapping my head around how this didn't get cancelled with Ezra Miller's issues, but I can see why they kept it on the release schedule as well