Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Re: a sequel, I think it all depends on how successful the Snyder Cut is upon its release. I personally don't think it will be successful enough to convince DC & Warner Bros to let Snyder make one. But who knows, maybe HBO will be interested in generating more exclusive content for their streaming platform? When you look at the amount of Marvel and Star Wars shows coming to Disney+, it's not hard to imagine DC/Warner/HBO wanting to generate as much competing content as possible. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Whatever they have planned for this year, it will be without Gal Gadot; she's pregnant with her third child. Mazel Tov!

It's really hard to follow what they are doing; we have a new Batman, they want to reboot Supes but it seems they are going on with Ezra Miller as The Flash. Meanwhile, the Batfleck was tied-in in Suicide Squad and my man James Gunn's The Suicide Squad is soft rebbot/sequel with some of the same actors as the first movie. Where does that leave the shared universe?

They sure don't make it easy for us fans.

Yeah, the DCEU is an absolute MESS and has been for some time. Their strategy seems to be a combination of "throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks" and being reactive to fans' reactions and constantly course-correcting or even starting over when something's not well-received.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-02-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    well, the Snyder Cut was helped enormously by him not taking any money.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Re: a sequel, I think it all depends on how successful the Snyder Cut is upon its release. I personally don't think it will be successful enough to convince DC & Warner Bros to let Snyder make one. But who knows, maybe HBO will be interested in generating more exclusive content for their streaming platform? When you look at the amount of Marvel and Star Wars shows coming to Disney+, it's not hard to imagine DC/Warner/HBO wanting to generate as much competing content as possible. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Yeah, the DCEU is an absolute MESS and has been for some time. Their strategy seems to be a combination of "throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks" and being reactive to fans' reactions and constantly course-correcting or even starting over when something's not well-received.
    Yeah... Maybe there's something to be said about DC needing to learn as much from the original Thor and Captain America movies or other less successful, less memorable or even bad MCU movies, like Age of Ultron.

These are all places that Marvel fell short. They didn't go back and re-edit the movie or recast the characters. They leaned into what worked and threw away what didn't. And there's still a lot of places where the MCU struggles but the worst mcu movies now are by and large better than the worst mcu movies from the earlier days. They've still got that villain problem to chew on though.

The DC movie universe is in such a state that the concept seems very much worth abandoning for the kinds of sturdier, standalone movies where dc used to shine.