Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    His character's name is Arthur Fleck... A. Fleck...

Heh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, I'm at least intrigued to see what this shapes up to be.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Absolutely no fan of the make up or at least the brows and the red nose... yet the style has me very intrigued and I am sure he puts on a remarkable performance!

In the end I guess I will have to give up personally for a really cool big screen rendition and just be happy with the Joker from the comics, Arkham and the animated series.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    From what I can see, the outfit is a mix between Cesar Romero's purple and Jack Nicholson's orange shirt, but as a vest. The makeup is 100% Pagliacci, so it's also a nice wink in the direction of Watchmen, too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    this is a test and not the final look for the Joker, keep that in mind. Also, this is already 500 million times creepier than that fucking abomination we got in suicide squad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    this is a test and not the final look for the Joker, keep that in mind. Also, this is already 500 million times creepier than that fucking abomination we got in suicide squad.
    The Instagram post cites it as a camera test, not makeup, so this will likely be featured in the film barring a sudden creative change.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I can see this as a gig for Arthur in between comedy gigs. This also takes place in Amusement mile.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Already like it way more than anything Leto did.

This could be really interesting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, can't do much worse than what Leto did or what they did WITH him. I'm 100% sure Phoenix will do the Joker justice, but the make up, at least in this test footage, isn't doing it for me. But I can see them doing thins differently in the movie as I think it's way too early in production to reveal him in full attire.

On a different note: this flew under my radar for far too long but it's a kick-ass little hommage.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Still nope.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i feel dc/wb needs to slow down and get things together. multiple joker movies don't have a lot of faith in aqua man.maybe super girl?they're trying to be marvel overnight. i thing now people tend to forget marvel was ten years in the making. i think the only successful cinematic universe to date. people tend to see something reach some financial success and we can do that. without thinking of the time or failures. like daredevil, fantastic four . or the majority of spider man movies.
    -louie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont think there is going to be multiple joker movies, unless you are counting suicide squad 2. But if this movie hits big, you can count on WB saying goodbye to that leto joker.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i feel dc/wb needs to slow down and get things together. multiple joker movies don't have a lot of faith in aqua man.maybe super girl?they're trying to be marvel overnight. i thing now people tend to forget marvel was ten years in the making. i think the only successful cinematic universe to date. people tend to see something reach some financial success and we can do that. without thinking of the time or failures. like daredevil, fantastic four . or the majority of spider man movies.
    -louie
    Agreed, but I'd note that Aquaman is coming out 13 months after the prior DC movie, Justice League. I think they've regrouped a bit since then.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Well, I'm at least intrigued to see what this shapes up to be.

A post shared by on

Looks likely shit. It almost makes me miss Leto's horrid Joker style. I haven't no interest in this movie if I'm being totally honest. The origin story movie usually always is a letdown. A mystique is ruined.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Looks likely shit. It almost makes me miss Leto's horrid Joker style. I haven't no interest in this movie if I'm being totally honest. The origin story movie usually always is a letdown. A mystique is ruined.
    Are you really making up your mind based on test footage?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't really look that cool as The Joker, but the guy is an excellent actor and I'd like to see what he does.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Are you really making up your mind based on test footage?
    No, I had no interest in it from its announcement. This test footage doesn't help either. Maybe if Scorsese was directing it and that is still a huge maybe, but Todd Phillips? Sorry, no. The announcement of Todd and a Joker origin movie didn't do it for me. Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker doesn't do it for me.. This test footage doesn't help either. I just find the idea of a Joker origin movie silly. It's like Rob Zombie's Halloween remake. Let us see why little Mikey turned into Michael Myers. Why? You just ruin the mystique of the character. You don't always need to learn a villain's frigging history of why he became a villain. Are we suppose to sympathize with him? "Yeah, if this happened to me, I'd totally become a raving lunatic and murder people. Go Joker! Team Joker!" I don't get this obsession in needing to know every single detail of what made a villain become a villain. He was ignored as a child. He was loving husband, but someone killed his family. He thinks he is right in murdering half of the universe because the universe and people are so crappy. Even Ridley Scott ran Alien into the ground with a frigging origin story of the xenomorph. The frigging xenomorph has an origin story lol. "Aww, the xenomorph isn't a bad guy, he is just a byproduct of a lunatic, flute playing synthetic human. Poor lil xeno, if some android designed me to be a perfect killing organism, I'd probably go murder a bunch of people too. Go xenomorph! Team xenomorph!" As I said, origin movies done after the fact tend to suck and it actually ends up better just leaving all that to your imagination.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-22-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, the origin thing has been the turn off for most people and stuff. I get it. I’m still intrigued. This is no different than having the killing joke exist. Or Batman 89. It’s just an interpretation and won’t be cannon.

I’m not forcing you to see it nor anything , was just curious on why you were so quick to dismiss it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    watched fantastic four on youtube movies, i think the origin trope is burnt out at this point, the origin story of joker is interesting if you do the red-hood story line. i think if they went with a true crime angle more good fellas than super hero. one problem. i think is always portraying the batman as dc version of tony stark people forget that dc stands for detective comics and most tend to enjoy the batman as detective than gadget-master and people might enjoy joker more as crime syndicate boss than super-villain just my .02
    -louie

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Call me weird, but I dig it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

He’s much creepier than Leto already. I have no idea if the writing is going to be any good but I’m excited to see Phoenix in this, he’s a great casting choice and hopefully being its own thing Elseworld’s style will free it up creatively.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm REALLY excited for this one and I don't get excited for such things.
    Joaquin Phoenix is one of my favorite actors. I love the idea of the time period and the gritty crime angle.
    And as for Phillips, well, people are always saying that if you can do comedy, you can do anything. Shit, look at Terry Gilliam: he went from Monty Python to 12 Monkeys and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and Fear & Loathing. The director is the weak spot for me, but who knows?

What I'm really hoping is that this film is in the style of Scorsese and they do a good job of it. I'm assuming that's the goal, and if it's done right, this thing could be really special.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They're apparently filming this by me tomorrow...at the courthouse in Jersey City. Some ideas I had for signs to hold up:

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS"

also...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They're apparently filming this by me tomorrow...at the courthouse in Jersey City. Some ideas I had for signs to hold up:

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS"

also...
    Oh come on man. Give it a chance at least.
    I'm seriously expecting it to prove to be sublime.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The "thing is better with no back story" can be said about a lot of things in fiction, but I think with comics, backstory can be forgivable since there are so many different canons.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If he brings anything similar to what Heath Ledger did to the role of The Joker, I'll be interested. I shall reserve all judgement until a full trailer hits. I'd love a really creepy film almost borderline horror in a way, and hope that this one washes the bad taste of Jared Leto's Joker away.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Film being rushed into production for no discernible reason. Todd Philips directing. A Joker movie without Batman. All on the heels of DC making bad decision after bad decision with all their movies Since the Nolan stuff...except WW. What could go wrong?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We get it.