Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seriously, I still don't know what to think about Aquaman. It was pleasing to watch for most of the time. But the more I think about it the more I feel it had so much stuff I can't remember 10% of the movie.

And did they really need a green screen for the Lighthouse area scenes? It looked like those SyFy movies for some bits.

That's why I cant wait for Joker. Just want to see a character I like in a good stand-alone CBM movie. I feel Shazam might be a good film as well.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    SHAZAM! is pretty great!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This is a bit random, but I've been wanting to rewatch Superman: The Movie (1978) lately because it's been many years since I last saw it and I don't know which version I should watch: Theatrical, Special Edition, or the 3-hour Extended TV version. Anyone have any thoughts as to which version is the best? I don't even remember which one I've seen in the past, but I'm leaning towards the Special Edition.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    well

that depends, I prefer the special edition and wish it was the release to get the 4k treatment, But I also love the theatrical as well. The three hour version is just the tv version, if you have never seen it, go for that. If have you have the digital itunes version, the 3 hour cut is included in its special features.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Matt Reeves’ new Batman is...

Robert Pattinson

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Matt Reeves’ new Batman is...

Robert Pattinson
    Just saw this. I was excited to see how Matt Reeves’ The Batman turned out. I’m not so sure anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I mean, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

People said the same thing about Heath. I’m hopeful but...sheesh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Worlds of DC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I mean, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

People said the same thing about Heath. I’m hopeful but...sheesh.
    Yeah, I know. I was hopeful & optimistic about Affleck (who I think was the 3rd best live action Batman). I was confused/thrown off by Ledger's casting, but this seems a bit different. I guess we'll see. Maybe Matt has seen something in him we haven't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    One can only hope lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Look, I ate my words when Ledger gave a fantastic performance. I ate my words when I ended up liking Affleck as Batman. I wanna say "What THE FUCK!!!!!??" but we shall see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Link to make sure this is really being reported.

Looks like Ben Affleck is no longer the most bizarre choice for Batman. That guy from Twilight being the Caped Crusader seems set to be the hardest sell ever, and that's saying a lot due to several other odd casting choices in past Batman films (starting with Michael "Beetlejuice" Keaton). Maybe if he spends most of his screen time in the Batsuit and throws enough punches, people might not be so quick to notice that it's him.

EDIT: Next on the shortlist is Nicholas Hoult (young Beast from the X-Men movies).
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pat...es-1202616908/

We've been reminded that they want a younger Batman for this movie, one who's relatively new to crime fighting. I was hoping for a movie to focus on an older, more experienced Batman that has been all but broken by his many battles (similar to BvS, but with him being more aware of it) and trying to get back on the right track in Gotham after his stint with the Justice League.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 05-16-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Bringing up the other relevant person on the shortlist

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    If Pattinson's involved, sign me the fuck up.

Dude has been incredible lately and anyone making Twilight jokes in 2019 hasn't seen his stellar work over the last few years.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If you haven't seen Pattinson in anything but Twilight, then you have some catching up to do. Good Time, The Rover, High Life, Cosmopolis...not to mention that he's starring in Christopher Nolan's next film. It's safe to say that he's left Twilight far behind at this point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think it's a bit unfair to just label him as "the Twilight guy". Yes those films were pants, but he has largely been critically praised in his acting work since them...just most of those went under the radar for most people. Whoever got it was in for a hard time (nobody is ever the right choice these days for any role with the cluster fuck that is soical media!) but Reeves clearly see's something. Hell it might not pay off, i wouldn't have personally gone for him, but i'm willing to see how this ends up looking before i decide if it was a bad casting or not. Hell i didn't think Zachary Levi was a good pick for SHAZAM! and look how good that was!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Pattinson has picked some really good and diverse roles since Twilight ended and has done his damndest to show is acting chops. And I think he's been mostly successful from what I've seen. I think this could end up being a really smart move. I'm really just more mad that Brits & Aussies seem to keep taking alot the best roles in American properties haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, regardless of how much his acting may have improved since Twilight, it seems the masses will forever see him as that guy from Twilight. Pattinson's other movies are simply not as mainstream, leading to people making petitions to replace him from the very moment it was reported that he was on the shortlist.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/17/...emove-replace/

Some people just don't want to wait for the movie to come out (or even a trailer) to judge his take on Batman by its own merits instead of a certain past role (that Pattinson himself hates).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I mean YES PLEASE!

Whether this happens (doubt it) i'm still willing to give his take on Bats a go...it honestly can't be worse then Batman Forever and Robin, even if he was playing Edward fucking Cullen AS Batman (which so many people think is happening!)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Here we go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Here we go.

What is this in reference to? Did I miss something?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

For some reason, the tweet isn't showing so here's the direct link: https://mobile.twitter.com/mattreeve...twitter.com%2F

Looks like we have a BatPat. A Battisson? A BatBob? Oh dear, that last one sounds dirty...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Swamp Thing canceled after one season. Not because its bad, but because North Carolina sucks and made an error.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gholson/s...399389186?s=20

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Swamp Thing canceled after one season. Not because its bad, but because North Carolina sucks and made an error.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gholson/s...399389186?s=20
    Oh fuck! I watched the series premiere last week and actually thought it was really badass with lots of potential – major Carpenter / THE THING vibes! Bummer. At least we've got a season to look forward to.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Hot Breaking News, Aubrey plaza is in talks to play Catwomen in Matt Reeves Batman...i'm fully on-board with this casting!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I dig.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Batman Beyond boxset confirmed, but once again, they've fucked with the shadows like the BTAS release. Also, apparently 11 episodes won't be remastered because the time elements are too damaged, so they'll be uprezzed.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Dc universes best show Doom Patrol has been renewed for a second season. I was hoping as I was going to bed they would drop that swamp thing was renewed. Show is dead.

Also young justice is coming back.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For those who caught the new Joker Instagram clips they released and noticed the quick scribbles that flashed in each one...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    awesome. I saw it got rated R too, that's a good sign. well, good-ish.