Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know it'll get shit on and hated like every other DCU but I think that looks great. The first trailer wasn't that great or alluring but this one does it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The first trailer wasn't that great or alluring but this one does it.
    It's certainly a more fun trailer than the first one...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No idea why they changed her dialect so much but yup, looks way more fun than the last trailer and I actually want to see it. Not much hope though, but this could still be way more entertaining than Suicide Squad.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Although I feel like it was a good trailer, it’s still not enough for me to go out and see it. I’ll be waiting for broadcast or stream.

I noticed that the recent trailers don’t even say the full title. They just say” Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey.”

So it’s confirmed the “birds of prey and fantabulous emancipation of one Harley Quinn” title is stupid?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    If any Worlds of DC fans were watching the Crisis of Infinite Earths conclusion you may have caught a cameo by a certain speedster.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

I noticed that the recent trailers don’t even say the full title. They just say” Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey.”

So it’s confirmed the “birds of prey and fantabulous emancipation of one Harley Quinn” title is stupid?
    The German trailer reveals the title to be "Birds of Prey: The Emancipation of Harley Quinn". It's strange that they didn't care to translate it though like they do with every other movie over here.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    If any Worlds of DC fans were watching the Crisis of Infinite Earths conclusion you may have caught a cameo by a certain speedster.
    SONIC?!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was really surprised by that cameo. Makes me happy that there is indeed the multiverse between all these mediums.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wonder if someone was like "Marvel ignores their television shows so lets be the first!"

Also the only way they got him in there is if there's actually a Flash movie coming, right?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I wonder if someone was like "Marvel ignores their television shows so lets be the first!"

Also the only way they got him in there is if there's actually a Flash movie coming, right?
    Believe it's still happening, but not due until 2022/2023 now...it keeps getting pushed back.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you mean it keeps losing writers and directors because someone can't shit and get off the pot.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

what.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

what.
    Yeah, there's a clip where she visibly inhales the cocaine swirling around her and powers up. I thought it was hysterical, though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Yeah, there's a clip where she visibly inhales the cocaine swirling around her and powers up. I thought it was hysterical, though.
    Even though they were wrong about the source of Phoneix's Joker's mania...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    having finally seen the trailer: I get it now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    72 reviews in, Birds of Prey has an 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of folks whose opinions I respect seem to have great things to say about it so that’s enough for me to get tickets to see it this weekend.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    72 reviews in, Birds of Prey has an 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of folks whose opinions I respect seem to have great things to say about it so that’s enough for me to get tickets to see it this weekend.
    I already had tickets (meeting a friend who really wanted to see it) but even i didn't expect it to be that well rated! I'm very much looking forward to Saturday now!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quite shocking to me that this movie is getting a lot of high praise. Guess I’m gonna have to check it out, with or without my wife.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rotten Tomato current have 89 fresh reviews to 9 rotten, one of which really caught my eye. Mick LaSalle of the San Francisco Chronicle, said "it's more then horrible, it should not exist" and gave it a 0/4...looking through his reviews i find it hard to believe a film so well reviewed by so many other critics could be a 0/4...i mean he gave Dark Phoenix a 3/4, this feels like someone after attention. Guess i'll see on Saturday.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 02-06-2020 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I can't Spell

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    sounds like another Armond White.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Something that's just struck me, this is the 3rd DC movie that has gotten good reviews from critics (Shazam, Joker, this) ...IN A ROW! Hell if you included Aquaman that was apparently quite fun and the possibility of Wonder Women 1984 being great, the promise of The Batman AND the Suicide Squad reboot with James Gunn...and with Marvel in post Endgame, we might be entering a shift, with DC giving directors far more control and free to do more crazy R rated stuff.

We might be entering the peak of comicbook movies, not just Marvel movies anymore.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Sounds about what i expected it would be like.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I just saw BOP and it was a blast from beginning to end!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I saw this this morning and i really fucking enjoyed it. I'll post my mini review in a bit but this was a very VERY fun film. My only grievance being it's not really a Birds of Prey movie, it's a Harley movie, and the rest don't really get as much screen time as i'd have liked (MEW is, for the little she is in this film, fucking great as a socially awkward badass...fuck i wish she was in more action films!) I'd also say this probably isn't nearly as good as that rotten tomatoes score would indicate, i feel like some people maybe have gone overboard a bit, it's more in line with Shazam, a super fun entertaining couple hours at the cinema. Temper your expectations a little and you'll have a blast!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Just got back and I really liked it! Why not do it like this in the first place? Well, maybe they didn't know how well this role suits Margot Robbie. While she was a bit too over the top at times (mainly that accent) this was a total lovepiece for that character. Only gripes? I hate that McGregor is a visual rehash of Leto's Joker. It just doesn't click with me that it's this early 2000's gangster aesthetic and poofy behaviour that they are going for. Here and there was a really good performance by McGregor as Sionis, but ultimately that was too bubbly for my taste. And I didn't like the casting for Rene Montoya. For some weird reason I would have loved to see Sofia Vegara in it more. Also the end credits animation could have been better...

Liked the soundtrack though and I really adore how well they capture Gotham at times (ACE Chemicals, Amusement Alley, the harbour...). Bonus points for the Hyena!

It's a female less brutal version of Deadpool with some Crank thrown in there and I'm totally down with it. Liked it alot and will definitely rent it once its out to watch with friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, how many mor "women good, men bad" movies must flop until these Hollywood execs realize this is not what the audience (including women with a brain) want?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the film a lot, it had its flaws (like all movies) but they didn't sour the experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier View Post
    So, how many mor "women good, men bad" movies must flop until these Hollywood execs realize this is not what the audience (including women with a brain) want?
    Did you see this, or are you just making assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    And I didn't like the casting for Rene Montoya. For some weird reason I would have loved to see Sofia Vegara in it.

I buy Rosie far more than Sofia in that role. Sofia hasn't proven to me that she can portray a character like Renee.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-13-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I just saw BOP and it was a blast from beginning to end!!!
    came here to say the exact same thing! it was just fucking FUN! that giant fight in the booby trap was amazing, ewan mcgregor was a perfect comic book movie villain, margot was phenomenal, and the music was really fun (although i'm kind of sick of slowed down covers of old songs, that wasn't the worst rendition of "hit me with your best shot" i've ever heard haha).