Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Worlds of DC Thread

(Company rebranding = new thread!)

Today, Warner Bros. announced that their current initiative around DC movies has a new name - Worlds of DC.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/...comic-con-2018

The DC Extended Universe, also known as DCEU, has been in use for years, but was a term coined by a journalist and was never what DC actually called their film universe. This new term allows them to make movies under one brand, but have them take place in different universes so they don't have to all be necessarily connected.
    DC launched Worlds of DC with the reveal of two trailers for Shazam! and Aquaman.

DC also had the director of Wonder Woman 1984 Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and Chris Pine on hand to discuss the film that is currently in production and showed off an exclusive early look at the film. Birds of Prey, starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn starts filming in January with several other films in development including Joker, starring Joaquin Phoenix in the titular role, The Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Batgirl, Suicide Squad 2, Cyborg, Black Adam starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the titular role, a Joker film for Jared Leto, a New Gods film directed by Ava DuVernay, and a Blackhawk film directed by Steven Spielberg.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Some of what recent dc films (well, the superman one and BvS) is being too "dark."

but I LOVE the darkness.

I seriously hope they don't try to copy marvel.

Case in point: I hope this upcoming joker movie is dark as FUCK (and I'm also praying it's good.)

I wish Scorsese was directing it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finally, DC films can be free of the restraint of continuity and cohesion.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Finally, DC films can be free of the restraint of continuity and cohesion.
    It's the shotgun effect. Just spray shit everywhere and hope something hits.

The re-branding is good in a way because it allows them creative freedom, but it also smacks of laziness and unwillingness to commit to any idea.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yay... two threads worth of crap DC movies

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well at they are being honest about their shared universe not having any cohesion...maybe this is a good thing...maybe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well at they are being honest about their shared universe not having any cohesion...maybe this is a good thing...maybe.
    I'm fine with it. DC has been multiversal since 2006 so this lines up perfectly with their comic outlook. They have 80+ years of history to fall back on and trying to make it all line up in one shared universe is a daunting task. I'm reminded of why Ava DuVernay passed up Black Panther and why Patty Jenkins left Thor 2 - they had to compromise their visions because their movies had to conform with the overall shared MCU. It doesn't seem like that's the case with what DC has officially designated now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Yay... two threads worth of crap DC movies
    If I’m being honest, I’m actually more excited for Aquaman and Shazam than I have been for...any...of the DC films so far.

I was lukewarm on Wonder Woman, but it ended up being my favorite of the DC movies up to that point. Still is! But I look forward to this new direction more than I ever did for their previous films.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Shazam looks interesting but i couldn't be less excited for Aquaman, i couldn't stand Jason momomo (whatever his name is) in justice league (among other things) and i don't think i'll be able to sit through 2 hours of him as the main focus. I hope it's good for everyone else, but i'm out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm pretty excited about Shazam. I've been a Zachary Levi fan since Chuck though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    At least they didn't fuck with Black Manta's look. That's all I got that's positive. Otherwise that CGI pukefest looks like The Little Mermaid fucked the Gungan world from the Star Wars prequel...on acid. No fucking thanks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Hmm, a Joker movie starring top-tier actor Joaquin Phoenix and former actor Robert De Niro? This might be something, maybe I should look into it. Todd Phillips directing? Let me check and see what he's done..."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Any fans of the animated Ninja Batman film there's a few super freaking cute Nenodoroids of the cast including Catwomen and Harley...

https://otakumode.com/shop/5b569743b...-Ninja-Edition

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So if this happens to be true, this Batman movie would take place in the 70's or the 80's. Man, I mean, just fucking make a batman movie that doesnt have to go backwards. Give us a seasoned Batman film.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hell... why always remind us of stories past? Batman is such a well known character even to people who are not into comics. So just make up your mind and come up with an original story. The character and the whole setting are so rich it should be rather easy for a good writer who is invested in the Batman lore to come up with something good.

And no, I don't want another origin story or his early years. Give me a Batman who's right there with the action in Gotham and on his peak. While I liked where they were going with Affleck as a seasoned Batman the oppurtinity has been lost already with the now defunct DCEU so pass on the torch and create something entirely new if Affleck is not coming back.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So basically they're going back to making superheroes movies the way they did it for years before Iron Man? What a concept!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Do you know what movie I would really like to see? The one that was suggested in the post credit scene of Justice League: Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor and Deathstroke in whatever supervillain group incarnation they could come up with. I'm one of those who loved Luthor in BvS. He sort of remind me of Donald Trump but one who is not a complete idiot. Eisenberg's Luthor is obviously batshit insane but he's so rich and powerful that no one dares stopping him until he causes this huge catastrophe and they don't have a choice but to put him in prison. And of course, he escapes. And watching him go is just like watching Trump: it's hilarious and absolutely terrifying. Eisenberg and Gadot are the reasons I still watch BvS.

Oh and I want my Flash movie because Ezra Miller and Gal Gadot are the reasons I still watch Justice League. And keep giving us Wonder Woman.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm down with this casting!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Had to preorder it as well. I pray the remaster is good. Hopefully they don't crop it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well this is depressing!

Ruby Rose exits Twitter amid Batwoman casting backlash

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45166592

Twatter is fucking dead to me, just a cease pit of the worst people. Other sites are bad but at least they take action against harassment! I fully expect to start seeing more high profile people leave, it's just not worth it anymore!

Criticisms included "they're making batwomen gay to fit the LBGT agenda" (Batwomens been gay for 10 years fuckers!) to "How can they cast someone that isn't gay as a gay character" (...are you FUCKING STUPID?! SHE IS GAY TO TWAT!)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Joker begins filming in two weeks, and Alec Baldwin is officially playing Thomas Wayne.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Usually the side by side videos for remastered things, movies, games, you name it...are negligible at best. But this video of the Batman Animated Series opening credits is night and day. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm a bit worried that cleaning up some of the grain and imperfections is gonna hurt the atmosphere of the series. Something about it made it feel even more... noir ish. Also it seems a tad too bright.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Joker begins filming in two weeks, and Alec Baldwin is officially playing Thomas Wayne.
    Haha nevermind!