Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I just need them to make a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton as old man Batman.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm sorry. You can't have Keaton come back as Batman and then cancel the movie.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I'm sorry. You can't have Keaton come back as Batman and then cancel the movie.
    Wait until they do it twice!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I understand that WB can't actually do this, but they really need to just STOP all these movies and series, go away for like 5 years or more, and start fresh if they really are gonna ape the MCU style.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Kevin Smith babbles on about the cancelled DC project he was involved with for HBO Max... and other topical stuff.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol first his Marvel show for Hulu gets axed and now his DCU show for HBO is axed. his cancelled projects wikipedia page gets another line longer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Jesus, that guy can't stay out of trouble to save his life. WB & DC must be SO pissed at him. Even if they aren't forced to pull the plug on The Flash, I'm sure it'll bomb because people will boycott it and no one will want to support his movie, which is a shame because I was kind of excited to see Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton reprise their respective Batmen.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ezra Miller is so goddamn emberrassing that the Flash movie could become some kind of trash fest cult movie... let's see! But of course I wanna see Keaton and Affleck again!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    WB has been doing reshoots with Ezra Miller all summer
    Work has kept up on The Flash, which has been testing well. Miller participated in regularly scheduled additional photography over the summer, apparently without incident, before being charged with burglary — their third arrest this year — on Aug. 7 in Vermont. Still, neither DC nor Zaslav has indicated the film will move from its June 2023 release date, though insiders say the studio is evaluating all options.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ezra Miller still running around like the Green Goblin, but yea... Releasing Batgirl is crossing the line.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, it's finally coming to a head possibly... WB is weighing three main options.

tl;dr version:

1. By some miracle, Miller stops the bullshit, apologizes, maybe gives some TV interview explaining it all, typical PR bullshit, limited appearances to promote but movies drops next summer as planned.
    2. Miller doesn't reach out and/or stop the bullshit, WB releases it without them promoting it at all...and Miller is shitcanned going forward.
    3. The nuclear option (would be unprecedented). Miller is shitcanned, and the $200 million movie is scrapped...can't be reshot as Miller plays multiple characters/versions and is apparently in almost the whole damn movie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    a fourth option appears!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Honestly, as much as I like the story of Flashpoint. I just can't bring myself to care anymore. If it were up to me, I'd make my number one priority making sure Keaton's return isn't wasted in a shit movie or one that's going to be overshadowed by controversy.

Can it and go find a live action Terry McGinnis. Then go watch the first episode of Batman Beyond and there's how you bring in Keaton. Don't put him in a movie his first time back where he isn't the main character.

Also fuck a shared universe. I just don't give a shit. Just tell good stories, that's all you have to do. If sometimes movies cross over then fine, but continuity is the enemy of good storytelling much of the time. We already have cotton candy Marvel we don't need another one of those. I'm also just never going to go see a movie about some character I don't care about just because they happen to know Batman or live in the same city as Superman.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    How utterly convenient...

I'm sure Ezra *cough cough, Publicist* means every word.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like his agent finally picked up the call from DC et al, lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder if this is the news that will finally shut the "this change isn't that bad" people up. This Zaslav guy is going to end up killing WB.

I wonder if this will refuel the rumors of Disney buying DC.

edit:

wow.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-23-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I wonder if this is the news that will finally shut the "this change isn't that bad" people up. This Zaslav guy is going to end up killing WB.

I wonder if this will refuel the rumors of Disney buying DC.

edit:

wow.
    DC is a tirefire thanks to the people at WB, nevermind the mismangement of these characters, just the shit with Miller and a few of the executives over the last 3-4 years, Disney buying DC would be a blessing for DC at this point.
    And no, I'm not blind to what Disney has done in the past but in the here and now, its time to bring some real professionalism to DC.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I really hope that Disney doesn't ever buy/acquire DC. In my opinion, it would be in the best interest of both companies (Marvel and DC) to remain as two completely separate entities, not two brands under one corporate roof. This arrangement allows for a more competitive market and a rivalry that pushes each company to do their best work (even if that's rarely the case with DC). Sure, Disney owning DC could lead to a spike in quality initially, but over time, they'd have the entire superhero/comic book-movie genre cornered absolutely dominated (more-so than they already do) and they would have less incentive to take risks and hire creative writer/directors like James Gunn.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-23-2022 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelled James Gunn's name wrong by mistake

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah but Kevin Feige could do this:

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    wow.
    That's unfortunate. Other than the follow ups to The Batman and Joker, this was probably the thing I was looking forward to the most. I mean we were THIS close to getting a Bruce Timm animated series with no censorship restrictions. Why? It's not like the Batgirl movie situation that gave them a 40 million tax write off. Why do this? And they apparently just signed Matt Reeves to a long term deal and his name was also attached to this series. Just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I really hope that Disney doesn't ever buy/acquire DC.
    For the love of god no, I don't want Disney anywhere near DC. Say what you will about DC and their failed DCEU but I don't care about shared universes. I care about good movies, and I like that DC makes them for grownups. In the last decade, smack in the peak of Marvel's cash cow, I'd still take the top 5 DC movies over anything Disney put on offer. And its not even close. And I've really tried with Disney. Hell I still watch a bit of the Star Wars content even. But they sterilize everything they touch to the point it makes me gag. They aren't built to handle Dc's darkness, and their dark stories are what makes DC great.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there was some clarification later in the day that it's not dead, it's just not coming to HBO Max.

Which, I don't know about you, but I'm looking at my HBO Max and wondering what it gives me that I can't find anywhere else. There's less and less (literally as they keep deleting things!) every day.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    there was some clarification later in the day that it's not dead, it's just not coming to HBO Max.

Which, I don't know about you, but I'm looking at my HBO Max and wondering what it gives me that I can't find anywhere else. There's less and less (literally as they keep deleting things!) every day.
    Oh thanks for the update! I wonder where it will end up?

As far as HBO max goes, well I'm worried. For the longest time I've thought they were the best streaming service. Quality over quantity. They have DC but they also have a LOT of great classic films. TCM, Kubrick, some Bergman and Tarkovsky. Stuff like that doesn't matter to most people I suppose but I like to watch great films, regardless if they are part of some big IP or a franchise. And HBO Max seems to go out of it's way to just simply OUTCLASS the other streamers.

Then the other day I see they put like 10 different "Planet Earth" series on there (great series btw). And I realized the clock is ticking as to when "My 900 pound life" and "16 pregnant and loving it" and "Watch me renovate my home and cook at the same time with my spouse" type shows start bombarding the service. And if it does I'd probably be out, and if they raise the price I'm out for sure. A part of me was disappointed that I enjoyed the first episode of House of the Dragon the other day as a result. But I'll probably just end up rotating them in on a monthly every once in a while like I do other services. Shit is way out of hand with streaming costs these days so I've been doing that with most of the majors for a while now and honestly I've realized how little time I have to watch stuff anyways. Having them all at once isn't necessary for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    I have come to believe that not even Batman: The Animated Series could be made today for not being all high-stakes all the time.
    I was just speculating, for fuck's sake! I didn't think they would actually do something like this.

Little was actually known about it, but Batman: Caped Crusader had been hyped up as a spiritual successor to B:TAS (albeit set in the early days of his career, while Batman in B:TAS was around long enough for Robin to be a young adult before the retool). Damn executives really, really, really want Batman to be strictly cinematic character, to the point where they might as well just cancel the comics just to prove how serious they are about it.

As for Batgirl, hopefully someone will leak the script to keep the project from being a complete waste of everyone's time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Kevin Smith was talking about his story for the show they cancelled and said they were going to pitch it to DC for a comic book, maybe the movie script could go the same route.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shazam! Fury of The Gods delayed to Mar 17, 2023.
    Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom delayed to Dec 25, 2023.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hmm.

edit:

what the actual shit.

Last edited by allegate; 08-24-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This is great.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This is great.

As a massive Superman nerd I can't help but point out that it's odd that the tweet didn't note that it's also 9 years old. Came out when Man of Steel did. Superman is 84 years old now!

Also fuck Man of Steel