Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Weird timing on the day of Joel's passing. So batnipples are not canon anymore?
    You know what? I don't blame Joel for the batnipples. Clooney had enough clout at the time to put his foot down and refuse to wear the batnipples costume. He's a clever enough man to have known it was ridiculous.
    Last edited by marodi; 06-23-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nah. I rewatch both movies regularly, and while there was a period yeah when I was sort of ho-hum on his performance...within the context of the movies and time, it just works​.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    It's not nostalgia, he's been doing some great work recently, ever since Birdman (and then knocking it out of the park as the Vulture).
    Fair enough and I get that viewpoint. And while I agree that he's been doing some great work ever since I was always under the impression that his performance as Batman was always considered a bit campy. But don't get me wrong, I adore both movies and would have loved to see a third one. Let's see how they work this out in the end.

Thinking about it, he's probably my favorite Bruce Wayne in terms of personality with Affleck being the most impressive Batman visually for me.

Random thought:
    I loved the idea of Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze, it just was too over the top and ridicilous as was the movie. What'd be a good modern casting for Freeze? I'd love to see Fassbender doing it. Other obvious choices would be Ed Harris (too old I guess), Mark Strong (is in Shazam already) or even Stanley Tucci.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-24-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    there's of course, speculation, wishing, that Keaton returning as Batman can eventually lead to a Batman Beyond film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Would be amazing. As for his appearance in The Flash movie, new details have been revealed:

- No Thomas Wayne in the script at all.
    - Keaton will appear in full Batman costume (not just as Bruce Wayne).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it'd also be awesome and fitting if Keaton starred in a Dark Knight Returns film...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm definitely excited (and surprised!) by the prospect of Keaton returning, but I'm trying to manage those expectations. I think it'll be a pretty minor role where he only gets 10-15 minutes of screen time, max. It'll still be awesome to see him return as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but I really hope this Flash movie is good enough to earn his appearance and involvement. Most of DC's latest cinematic offerings have ranged from mediocre to embarrassingly awful (but that's just my opinion).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Don't do it, Keaton!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    *popcorn time*

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This means that there are now three different actors slated to play Batman in the next few years.

Would not be surprised if they grab Kilmer and Clooney (edit: and Bale, and the voice of Kevin Conroy!) to fill out their cinematic multiverse.
    Last edited by katara; 07-03-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, Conroy already played Batman in the Arrowverse live on screen and we have Iain Glen on Titans. That's a hell of a lot of Batmen these days.

I'm very stoked to see Affleck back in the cowl, for me personally his physicality is perfect for the role and if whatever project comes out of that deal is as good as the warehouse fight, his solo scene in JL and his cameos in Suicide Squad I'm happy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FYI - Cosmic Book News is a misogynistic website born out of comicsgate, an online movement of far-right incels who are obsessed with hating Brie Larson and Daisy Ridley because they all secretly want to fuck them but know that they never will. Their article about Affleck cites 4chan and YouTube channels for this, so grand canyons of salt on this one.

I'd also personally prefer if folks didn't link to them because they're horrible troll people. They have a dumb article on their page about Dean Cain's idiotic interview on Fox News where he said that he wouldn't be allowed as Superman to say "truth, justice and the American way," which was then debunked by comic writer Tom King who recently used the phrase earlier this year in a Superman comic.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    which was then debunked by comic writer Tom King who recently used the phrase earlier this year in a Superman comic.
    A nice breakdown of the interaction can be found here... (round two was golden)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Honestly I've never heard of her before. I want to see what she's going to do with the role. Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa, this is surprising.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I guess I'll be subscribing to HBO Max.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No doubt. With the team behind Boardwalk Empire and that HBO production value? Dang.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So that DC streaming service is going to be folded into max sooner rather than later I'd would assume. Always was inevitable

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    So that DC streaming service is going to be folded into max sooner rather than later I'd would assume. Always was inevitable
    Alot of us are hoping that they just keep it as a comic service and just take all the video content to HBOMAX. The comics are my main use, and I would hate to lose that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I actually didn't realize it had comics as well

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just subscribed to DCU today. I had to start with a trial, but, once that's over, I'm hoping I can add their HBO Max deal that brings it down to $4.99/mo. Also: I started reading Batman: White Knight. I'm enjoying it so far.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm loving the DCU. Even my gf has been using my account and enjoying it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Turns out the stories were bogus. No plans for any more Affleck Batman. No movie appearances, no HBO Max show with him in it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Turns out the stories were bogus. No plans for any more Affleck Batman. No movie appearances, no HBO Max show with him in it.
    In a realistic scenario, he could sign a contract for the pick up shots for Zack Snyder's Justice League, and if any possible sequel to that movie to complete Snyder's vision for that universe. Ben has always admired Snyder and I think he would come back for him. I dont see him actually signing on for anymore than that, not a solo movie nor series.

But, as a a fan, I would love to see his script turned into an animated movie, and maybe him voice Batman.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As a person with only a curiously odd vested interest in the well-being of other people, I want Ben Affleck to stay far away from doing anything like Batman again since it seems like it took a huge toll on his physical and mental well-being.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    As a person with only a curiously odd vested interest in the well-being of other people
    Was that sarcasm or do you really find that to be an odd thing?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Was that sarcasm or do you really find that to be an odd thing?
    that was 100% sarcasm. tony is a sweetheart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that was 100% sarcasm. tony is a sweetheart.
    I thought so. I feel silly for even asking that now.

Edit: Oh, good... This is the start of the next page.

Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-07-2020 at 05:47 PM.