Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    handing the final edit of Suicide Squad to a company that is known for editing trailers kind of goes against that argument.

and I hate you for getting me to defend one of these things. ugh. you're right of course that this is setting a bad precedent for fan campaigns.
    That's one of suicide squads only redeeming qualities, it increases it's forensic value. You watch that movie, and for the first third you can marvel at how much of a mess it is an be like "some of this is the trailer editing company.... But which parts?" It's kind of like bingo. And then in the second act the movie commits the ultimate sin: become extremely boring. There's no fixing that.

As a professional video editor I can relate to being thrown under the bus for adhering to decisions that I spoke out against.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I want to put more effort into watching DC shows this summer. Where should I start?

I'm two episodes in on the Flash and I like it. I watched a few episodes of the first season of Arrow years ago but don't remember much.
    Stick with the Flash?
    Go back to Arrow?
    Is Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl worth watching?
    Gotham any good? (I was skeptical about this because from what I understand Batman isn't in it)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I want to put more effort into watching DC shows this summer. Where should I start?

I'm two episodes in on the Flash and I like it. I watched a few episodes of the first season of Arrow years ago but don't remember much.
    Stick with the Flash?
    Go back to Arrow?
    Gotham any good? (I was skeptical about this because from what I understand Batman isn't in it)
    The Arrow-verse gets difficult to watch after a while. It was easier when it was just Arrow and the Flash, but then Supergirl happened, then Legends of Tomorrow, etc. etc. It definitely becomes more comic book-like in that everything starts to cross over and if you want to understand everything that's going on, you're pretty much forced to watch every show, and, for me, that got exhausting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    fair enough, that was a fear of mine. I just don't have the time or energy to get sucked into multiple shows anymore sadly. I don't really watch tv much anymore as is.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I disagree! I don't think you have to watch them all at all! I only watch Flash, Black Lightning & I gave Batwoman a go this year (oof...let's see how season 2 ends up now that Ruby Rose left). I enjoy the hell out of the crossovers having only a cursory knowledge of Supergirl, Legends & Arrow. I watch their episodes in the crossovers so everything makes sense, but I don't watch their whole seasons. That's too much. You can def. pick & choose what u like...there's only one crossover every year, and there were only a tiny smattering of unrelated episodes of some of the shows where Arrow, Flash or Supergirl characters would do a guest spot.

Stargirl is currently in it's own universe (like Black Lightning). It's only 2 episodes in, and it's great. I def. recommend it. Watch the first 5 minutes of the pilot i linked in the Flash thread and tell me that doesn't amp you up.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Stick with the Flash?
    Go back to Arrow?
    Flash is good but gets worse every season. Never watched Arrow but it seems to suffer the same problem. Legends & Supergirl are not good, Gotham is so over the top & fucking terrible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    damn lol

how about Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and the Watchmen?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    damn lol

how about Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and the Watchmen?
    These 3 are definitely must see. Watchmen and Swamp Thing are excellent. Doom Patrol is very good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think I'm going to just take a deep dive in a couple weeks when I'm done teaching. I'm going to need to get "lost" in some shows with everything going on in the world right now. and I've had my share of Marvel stuff.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Watchmen is one of the best pieces of TV of the last few years, and easily the best of 2019. Really swung for the fences and didn't fuck it up at all.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    awesome. I'm really looking forward to that (especially after listening to the score) . Going to do the HBO Max Free Trial in a couple weeks. That'll be the first show I watch on there!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is...odd. Instead of just recasting the character of Kate Kane as Batwoman on the DC show...they're just going to make it a completely new character altogether?

Just cancel the thing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    well, its fine if that show crashes and burns, b/c Stargirl is the shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    WW84 delayed until October 2.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    WW84 delayed until October 2.
    No surprise there. I also wouldn't be surprised if all the movies that are supposed to open in October or November are pushed back to spring 2021.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And everyone is going to watch it out of curiosity. Just in case it's better or to see how worse it is. Or, like me, to get more Gal, Ezra, Jeremy and Jason.

Also, can someone please explain this to me because I'm really getting dense in my old years: in BvS, Diana is watching the different videos Bruce stole from Luthor, concerning the meta humans. While watching the one about Cyborg, she very clearly sees the Mother Box. And yet, in JL, she says that men's Mother Box is lost. It's been bugging me for the longest time, Un-idiot me, pretty please.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's possible that was a Joss line change which would be fixed by this new version.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fuck

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double post with more details.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    holy shit

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    holy shit
    I believe you meant HOLY FREAKING SHIT GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Nope. While of course the idea sounds like a ton of fun, I don't trust any of these people yet to not fuck this up. Reeves is the only DC person I am trusting as of right now.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Not sure where the admiration for Keaton is coming from despite nostalgia as of recently. I loved the Burton movies, but more for their visual style, music and atmoshphere rather than Keaton's performance. Could be a nice cameo though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Not sure where the admiration for Keaton is coming from despite nostalgia as of recently. I loved the Burton movies, but more for their visual style, music and atmoshphere rather than Keaton's performance. Could be a nice cameo though.
    Nah. I rewatch both movies regularly, and while there was a period yeah when I was sort of ho-hum on his performance...within the context of the movies and time, it just works​.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I am onboard with this for sure.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Not sure where the admiration for Keaton is coming from despite nostalgia as of recently.
    It's not nostalgia, he's been doing some great work recently, ever since Birdman (and then knocking it out of the park as the Vulture).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I am onboard with this for sure.

Oh yes oh yes oh yes!

I've always enjoyed Keaton's take on Batman. He was really great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Keaton was a great Batman, probably the best one. Thought Val might have been the best Bruce though, but only by a hair. Two different styles: Keaton with the mostly brooding but sometimes charismatic Bruce, while Val was the opposite. Neither are wrong portrayals of Bruce depending on which comic you read!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Weird timing on the day of Joel's passing. So batnipples are not canon anymore?