Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Film being rushed into production for no discernible reason. Todd Philips directing. A Joker movie without Batman. All on the heels of DC making bad decision after bad decision with all their movies Since the Nolan stuff...except WW. What could go wrong?
    a lot COULD go wrong but there's also:
    "unconventional r rated joker movie starring incredible actor. "
    It COULD be good.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I dunno why, but none of what they've shown has me excited at all. I assume they're drumming up hype...but i just can't get into this. Movie might turn out to be amazing (and i hope it is, i'll never hope a film is bad) and what they've shown isn't enough to judge the film on yet but...yeah WB have burnt me before getting excited for stuff that disappointed so much.
    I shall wait until the film is done and out to make up my mind, i'm not on this hype train.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    After it stuck with me for a couple of days and seeing it in motion I have grown to like the direction this is takin. And by the looks of it it seems to go in a whole different corner visually and story telling wise than what we've seen from the Snyder-verse. Hope it looks different than WW and Suicide Squad as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Warner Bros is apparently pumped on Matt Reeves' "The Batman" script, and has greenlit production to start next year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think this looks great. I like the look a hell of a lot more than Leto's. Todd Phillips is a questionable directorial choice, but Joaquin Phoenix/Robert De Niro are enough for me to have faith.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    For some reason, I cant see your posts on my browser so I have to go to taptalk. Neat poster.

Also, some reveiws of Titans are out. Some say its ok,, I think its a rated R show. so if you are into those ( I really only like Flash) then its your cup of tea.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Could've just pee'd on it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Warner Bros is apparently pumped on Matt Reeves' "The Batman" script, and has greenlit production to start next year.
    I would like to see a different actor: I hope it's not Afflak. I love Afflak, but , as batman, not so much. Plus, even though I actually liked Batman V Superman, I want to see the whole thing go in a different direction.

I get the idea that this Joker thing is going to be gritty and realistic and character driven.
    I would LOVE to see Batman get a similar treatment.

Aside from the fact that I would just dig that in general, it would also provide a nice counterpoint/alternative to the MCU.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i find this kind of weird with Disney's hand in everything they now have a stake in both marvel and DC i wonder if they will play favor to one or the other the new dead-pool announcement kind of screws everyone although mostly hurts aqua man
    -louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Could've just pee'd on it.
    Something something trident.

Arthur is going to be highly quotable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks great.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yep, that's Batwoman alright!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And there's a possibility he may direct it, too.

Major steal by WB.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Don't like the mask with Batwoman and that they always prefer to show the actual eyes instead of the whole white ones. Deadpool, Spiderman, and even Venom are proof enough this works and looks badass...

And wow to the Gunn news!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Probably one of the smartest moves DC/WB has done. For once I am actually interested in a DC movie thanks to Gunn's involvement and I hated Suicide Squad. But I trust in Gunn to do something fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Bit move by WB, and coupled with the fact SO MANY ACTORS came out in support of Gunn reisney he could have real star power for it (no that the first didn't, it just felt like those involved were more in it for the cash)

OK WB, you have my attention, now don't try to get involved with production, let Gunn and his team do their thing. Like you did with WW.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i find this kind of weird with Disney's hand in everything they now have a stake in both marvel and DC i wonder if they will play favor to one or the other the new dead-pool announcement kind of screws everyone although mostly hurts aqua man
    -louie
    They are buying WB as well?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i guess it really is a small world after all
    -louie

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fell into a social media hole last night (that's not a euphemism) and surprised to learn there are still people who consider what Gunn said to be worse then Hitler. Seriously, some of threads of people actively saying to boycott Suicide Squad 2 because of some (admittedly poor taste) jokes is just...well kinda dumb in my opinion. Even worse some are getting real angry other directors were overlooked, like the guy that did The Accountant...really?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well

Titans was ok. alright actually. But in terms of darkeness, this makes anything Zack Snyder feel like a marvel movie. This might be a little tooooooo dark. But hopefully it lightens up a bit.

Only saw first episode, but Robin and Raven stand out for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I wish they would just stop with these types of shows. Out of all the characters in the dc roster, they grew light a show about the butler.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone watch the new Titans? Thoughts? I have heard it described on par with the CW shows like Arrow, but darker and with more violence and cursing. edddgggyyyyy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The first episode was ok, but the second was better. I still dont know what to make of it on where it wants to go. Its dark, and sometimes it goes dark because they can do it.

its ok, not bad, but not great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lolwut