Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It looks pretty epic, but we'll see. Leto is solid in everything I have seen him in and his Joker didn't bother me nearly as much as the rest of the world. They're taking a different approach to it, so I'll at least give them kudos for that. Luthor Jr also didn't bother me all that much and was the more interesting character imo out of the wooden bunch; He stole every scene he was in even if it was over the top, but that is what I liked about his performance to begin with.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-14-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut

an interesting article that also confirms that it's 4:3. IDGAF about IMAX at home so wtaf dude.
    In what may be a divisive move, he’s also presenting the movie in the boxy 4:3 format rather than wide-screen so that one day it can be watched on IMAX screens.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Me thinks Zack be trippin', funnel-ferry butterbar.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut

an interesting article that also confirms that it's 4:3. IDGAF about IMAX at home so wtaf dude.
    Yeah, WTF indeed. The ratio of people who will see this in IMAX as he intends vs. the people who will watch it at home on their 16:9 widescreen TVs is probably less than 1 in 100. Super dumb.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I mean, I respect the guy for just like sticking to all his most godawful ideas. This is like the greatest slow motion traon wreck of all time.

We are talking about a 4 year old movie that every one hated, and somehow it is being improved by doubling the length and putting it in a shitty aspect ratio for no good reason. It's completely insane.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Let's keep it real, I'm going to hate-watch this with popcorn. It's sheer morbid curiosity that he thinks editing and extending that mess will make it better.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

please be Poe's Law...please be Poe's Law...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I mean, I respect the guy for just like sticking to all his most godawful ideas. This is like the greatest slow motion traon wreck of all time.

We are talking about a 4 year old movie that every one hated, and somehow it is being improved by doubling the length and putting it in a shitty aspect ratio for no good reason. It's completely insane.
    Thank you. I see these bits of positivity & excitement for this pile of shit here and there, and I am dumbfounded. Fuck Snyder, fuck this movie & fuck WB for fucking up practically every property they've put movies out for since they started trying to compete with the MCU. This things they're barfing out out in a few weeks will be a giant mess.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    ...& fuck WB for fucking up practically every property they've put movies out for since they started trying to compete with the MCU.
    This is the real reason almost everything they're putting out right now sucks. Back before The Avengers came out and the MCU became the gold standard that everyone was trying (unsuccessfully) to emulate, we got The Dark Knight trilogy, which are some of my favorite superhero movies of all time. I'd like to see them go back to making stand-alone trilogies (and overlap the ones that make sense, don't force it) that are director-driven like that because EVERYONE knows they won't beat Marvel at their own game.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-23-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added emphasis

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Superman being rebooted; JJ Abrams producing.

I guess no more Cavill? With The Witcher and Mass Effect on his books, maybe he's too busy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh shit, they got Ta-Nehisi Coates writing it? I'm down.

And if they manage the JL: Dark? Oh man. I hope they don't do the usual DC thing and recast Constantine because Matt Ryan kills it.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-26-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Imagine DC said 'know what? fuck it....'

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wish they would at least give Cavill a sequel to Man of Steel (Man of Tomorrow!) and try to right the Superman ship (rather than jumping ship & abandoning it) because he's fantastic in the role. Say what you will about Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League, but Henry Cavill was never the problem, in fact I always thought he was the best thing the DCEU had going for it.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-27-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    THIS.
    I grew up with Christopher Reeve, but I went into Brandon Routh's version with an open mind. It didn't stick.
    I like Henry Cavill in this role, though he is more somber. It fits, this isn't the 80s, so things aren't as light-hearted now are they?

Never know about his schedule. I think the Witcher could be done in the next few months? Mass Effect could just be a voice role?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And Cavill wants to do it. Gadot and him are the few universally agreed upon wins the DCEU have.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Apparently one of the score songs is on streaming services? I'm listening to it now - The Crew at Warpower - and it's alright. More like the Superman score that Holkenborg worked on, kind of Nolan-Batmanesque too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wish they would at least give Cavill a sequel to Man of Steel (Man of Tomorrow!) and try to right the Superman ship (rather than abandoning it and jumping ship) because he's fantastic in the role. Say what you will about Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League, but Henry Cavill was never the problem, in fact I always thought he was the best thing the DCEU had going for it.
    I'd like this twice if I could.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Snyder is saying his Justice League ends on a cliff hanger that sets up a sequel.... LMAO

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Are we sure this just isn't a remake with new freshly filmed scenes and not shit that was left on the cutting room floor? This feels like a massive good faith redo of a movie that wasn't liked for a second chance.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I figure there's some weird overlap between the die hard fan boys and the sink cost fallacy executives who both somehow feel like both Zack Snyder and the DC movie universe have some potential worth salvaging.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I mean, wasn't this known? Like back when it was literally known as Justice League Part One?
    The film was initially titled Justice League Part One, with a second film (under the name Justice League Part Two) intended to follow in 2019. However, the sequel was indefinitely delayed to accommodate the production of a standalone Batman film starring Affleck.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm gonna be sad when this is actually a movie and not just a series of outrageous claims and ideas by Snyder.

The post mortem will probably be fun but I feel like we are living that in real time

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wish they would at least give Cavill a sequel to Man of Steel (Man of Tomorrow!) and try to right the Superman ship (rather than jumping ship & abandoning it) because he's fantastic in the role. Say what you will about Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League, but Henry Cavill was never the problem, in fact I always thought he was the best thing the DCEU had going for it.
    This!

I am neither here nor there on a lot of DC stuff but I loved Man Of Steel when I went to see it in the cinema way back. It gave me hope for a good run of Superman films with Henry Cavill in the role, instead they just went straight into Batman V Superman, JL etc...another standalone film could be great.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Man of Steel 2 and a good Batman movie which The Batmann will hopefully be or an Affleck-driven movie is all I want from the DCEU at this moment. Also curious for Suicide Squad 2, but my hopes for the Snyder Cut are fairly low, since I don't have any in the first. Some color grading, deleted scenes and a kickass Steppenwolf design won't make a bad movie great, more enjoyable, but not great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Snyder is saying his Justice League ends on a cliff hanger that sets up a sequel.... LMAO
    Weird. I read cliffhanger yes, but sequel unlikely.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Whatever they have planned for this year, it will be without Gal Gadot; she's pregnant with her third child. Mazel Tov!

It's really hard to follow what they are doing; we have a new Batman, they want to reboot Supes but it seems they are going on with Ezra Miller as The Flash. Meanwhile, the Batfleck was tied-in in Suicide Squad and my man James Gunn's The Suicide Squad is soft rebbot/sequel with some of the same actors as the first movie. Where does that leave the shared universe?

They sure don't make it easy for us fans.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    it basically ends with Darkside saying something to the effect of "if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" and end scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Whatever they have planned for this year, it will be without Gal Gadot; she's pregnant with her third child. Mazel Tov!

It's really hard to follow what they are doing; we have a new Batman, they want to reboot Supes but it seems they are going on with Ezra Miller as The Flash. Meanwhile, the Batfleck was tied-in in Suicide Squad and my man James Gunn's The Suicide Squad is soft rebbot/sequel with some of the same actors as the first movie. Where does that leave the shared universe?

They sure don't make it easy for us fans.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

OH SNAP!!! You mischievious you!