Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1122

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    did it? that certainly explains why I could only find them talking about it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    did it? that certainly explains why I could only find them talking about it.
    Yeah, Superman's 75th Anniversary was in 2013. Action Comics #1 came out in 1938.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the Joker for Mayor episode was brilliant so this is good news.

the showrunner bring replaced I'm less excited about.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ezra Miller's The Flash Is Undergoing An Enormous Rewrite

Douglas Helm

Reports say The Flash film starring Ezra Miller will be undergoing script rewrites that will require pick-up shots and new scenes. YouTuber Syl Abdul talks about the script rewrites on his channel. Reportedly, Ezra Miller has been showing up for the scheduled reshoots. The Flash has already faced some tumultuous developments in its production process, mostly in the form of release delays and the ongoing legal battles of Ezra Miller. However, it seems like the newly merged Warner Bros. Discovery is committed to bringing some version of The Flash to screen, despite making cuts and cancellations elsewhere in their plans.

Ezra Miller’s The Flash is amongst the films that CEO David Zaslav has stated that Warner Bros. Discovery has seen and liked, adding that they can make it better. Perhaps these new scenes and rewrites are their way of improving the film after initial screenings. It was also recently revealed by Jason Momoa that we may see multiple Batman characters in the upcoming Aquaman sequel Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Ben Affleck is set to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but this could also mean that we’ll be seeing Micheal Keaton in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom at some point. The rewrites could be a result of this recent development.

Michael Keaton was originally going to reprise his role as Batman in the DCEU film Batgirl, but that film was shelved completely for reported tax purposes, despite being finished and with $90 million sunk into production costs. The film would have starred Leslie Grace in the lead role with Brendan Fraser as the villain. Michael Keaton had already been revealed as a cast member of The Flash, so it’ll be no surprise to see him there, but if he’s in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, The Flash may need to be rewritten to match up with his scenes in that film.

Another possible reason for The Flash rewrites could be to set up a possible future without Ezra Miller as the Scarlet Speedster. Although Warner Bros. Discovery has not mentioned plans to cut Miller out of The Flash, the star’s continued legal battles could make the studio wary of working with them in the future. Since the Flash is a major member of the Justice League, it seems likely DC Films would want someone reliable, like Jason Momoa as Aquaman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

While the future of the DCEU is uncertain, there are some films that are definitely coming to a theater near you in the near future. The first of which will be Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam, which will be hitting theaters on October 21. Black Adam will see Dwayne Johnson’s anti-hero going up against the Justice Society of America, which includes Hawkman, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate. Next will be the Shazam! sequel Shazam! Fury of the Gods which comes out March 17. You’ll be able to see Ezra Miller return as The Flash on June 23 of 2023 and you can see Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom in theaters on December 25, 2023.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Love this piece

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, apparently, we might or might not be getting: Black Adam Vs Superman, some Reeves-verse movies featuring Batman villains, Flash sequel (probably with a new actor), unspecified James Gunn project, and maybe some others.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235243030/

Pretty much nothing is set in stone. Given WB's track record for DC movies, not even release dates mean anything anymore; we'll know the films are released when they turn up in theaters and/or streaming platforms.

Again, can we please stop talking about Ezra here until there is concrete information on how the bottomless pit of scandals (and possible jail time) will impact the Flash movie's release and any possible sequels?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    As much as I like the idea of Cavill coming back, I really hope it isn't in a movie with The Rock. It probably will be but I'd much rather see a back to basics Superman movie just titled Superman without outside/multiverse characters. Maybe that can work with The Rock, but I have my doubts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'd love to see more of Cavill as Superman, but I really only want it to be a proper "Man of Steel 2" sequel (I've always liked the title "Man of Tomorrow"), rather than any kind of team-up movie. DC rushed into their team-up movies (BvS, Justice League) aimed at competing with the Avengers movies WAY too fast and sacrificed the opportunity to continue/complete a character arc for even their most important characters. Hell, Ben Affleck didn't even get his own Batman movie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Again, can we please stop talking about Ezra here until there is concrete information on how the bottomless pit of scandals (and possible jail time) will impact the Flash movie's release and any possible sequels?
    I'm confused, the last post was mine from September and it was talking more about the movie than anything that Ezra's done. Previous to that was in August. sooooooo...I guess we did stop talking about it?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I say if you wanna talk about something, as long as it's on topic and not against forum rules, give 'er...regardless of if a random person says CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

Hahaha nah, if we want to. We will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm confused, the last post was mine from September and it was talking more about the movie than anything that Ezra's done. Previous to that was in August. sooooooo...I guess we did stop talking about it?
    It was more of a pre-emptive "this shit is about to get even further out of hand now that Ezra is likely to face jail time and potentially derail the movie's release even further" post.

That said, it takes a lot of guts for WB to commission a Flash sequel amid the Ezra shitstorm. Hopefully it will be with Wally West, at least to see how a live-action DC theatrical film would explore the concept of a legacy character in a starring role, given that Marvel has been forced to do it with Black Panther due to the actor having died just before production could start.
    [I swear, I have a bad habit of saying dumb shit on ETS and having to clarify it later]

On an unrelated note: Black Adam reviews are not making it look too promising despite this being supposedly the "make or break" movie for the DCEU; reviews tend to be average at best, but it has the lowest critic score since the Justice League theatrical cut. We still have yet to see if The Rock's star power may, at the very least, impact its box-office performance enough to keep the franchise afloat regardless.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_adam
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 10-20-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Black Adam doesn't really stray from the cookie cutter superhero movie format. Which made it disappointing in light of how Johnson had been hyping up his character and the movie. But then again, the closest thing he ever came to taking a creative risk was The Toothfairy. Which should've tempered expectations.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    it was fine. which is to say it was good until it wasn't, and it wasn't for long stretches of time. Lots of things that were new and inventive that made me think "oh this is an interesting twist" and then suddenly it was Zack Snyder slo-mo for reasons. CGI just hasn't got there yet, stop trying to do it.

The scene that was hinted at in Shazam is here, where all of the other wizards were killed by the previous champion.

The post-credits scene was great if only for the classic feel of it all. No hints. Although...
    Spoiler: Garcia added that they it would serve as a buildup to the eventual duel between Superman and Black Adam.

Are you kidding me. There's already a vs movie with him, there's no need for another!

there was no need for the needle drop of "Power". That kind of usage is so 2010's, very much out of place here.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-23-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Black Adam was entertaining, but Dwayne was really flat for me; at times it felt like he was trying to play a C- version of Dax the Destroyer...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have no faith in current DC/WBD leadership but I am still excited.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

This might be the most promising DC movie news in years.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    When I saw his wife in Black Adam I was thinking, "so Zack's vision is completely gone huh" and figured something was coming but not "in charge of shit" levels.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word also circulating that Black Adam isn’t getting a sequel, and Jason Momoa’s time as Aquaman is over as he moves instead to be the new Lobo in a rebooted DCEU. James Gunn shaking things up it would appear.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That's probably for the best because Wonder Woman 1984 was fucking ATROCIOUS.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Add James Gunn to that list... This is actually hilarious. Wonder Women 84 was dogshit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

interesting thread, I like to think some of these decisions were pre-hire and now he’s stuck doing some cleanup on others idiocy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I guess they couldn’t resist. Reports all over that James Gunn is ‘exploring how’ to bring Pattinson’s Batman into the wider DC cinematic universe.

edit: Gunn himself has said this is ‘entirely untrue’. So who knows lol.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-14-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-14-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow.

Would have loved to be the fly on the wall during that meeting. That's actually really fucked, having just announced his return everyone was psyched for... What a shame.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post