Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beetlejuice

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They should have at least a minor cameo from some Community people.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh yes.

Last edited by october_midnight; 05-11-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh hell yes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Knock on wood, but this could actually be really good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The cast is absolutely superb. Cannot believe this is actually happening, FINALLY.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am so excited to see this movie finally being made. The original has been a favorite of mine for most of my life.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have a feeling they've dropped the "Beetlejuice is going to Hawaii" aspect that Kevin Smith was talking about.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I have a feeling they've dropped the "Beetlejuice is going to Hawaii" aspect that Kevin Smith was talking about.
    I hope so. I always felt that sounded more like an episode of the old cartoon, not a proper movie sequel.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First set pics are leaking...to avoid spoilers, I guess just stay off the internet for a year.

Otherwise... look who it is!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The original idea looked really stupid. I'm glad they didn't create a franchise with a bunch of lame movies.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I'm surprised that the strikes haven't affected this movie. Seems like they've impacted just about every other movie I'm looking forward to.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm surprised that the strikes haven't affected this movie. Seems like they've impacted just about every other movie I'm looking forward to.
    From this article:

The writers’ strike in Hollywood didn’t affect the making of Beetlejuice, as the script was locked, and the film very nearly completed when it kicked off. But the actors’ strike ended production – which was taking place in both the UK and US – at the very last moment.
    “I feel grateful we got what we got,” Burton tells the Independent of the shoot. “Literally, it was a day and a half. We know what we have to do. It is 99% done.”

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^fake

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    ^fake
    Yeah? Sorry.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Thought it looked a bit dark...

Beetlejuice is something I'd expect to be kinda whimsical.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh yeah, you search screen culture fake trailers and you'll see a bunch of hits from people complaining about what a cancer they are with their fake trailers. every time I see one in my upcoming on youtube I report for spam.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Oh, fuck yeah. Just gotta stay alive one more year. So is that Wednesday show good?
    Clearly, this Jeanna Ortega will be Miss Ryder's daughter or something.

Warning: self indulgent tangent-(Fun 6 degrees of separation fact: 3 of my friends are in a band with a dude I USED to consider a friend, (he's too cool for me, now), but at ANY rate, dude dated WR and he/they have a song about it called Rollerskate Skinny.(Catcher in the Rye reference). While I'm at it, fuck a LITTLE bit of fame making you forget your friends but...)

Yeah. I can't believe this is really happening. I'm SUPER bummed out that Keaton returned as Batman, but was relegated to some minor role in The Shazam or whatever, instead of, you know, fucking goddamn BATMAN.

But, at least this.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-20-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm SUPER bummed out that Keaton returned as Batman, but was relegated to some minor role in The Shazam or whatever, instead of, you know, fucking goddamn BATMAN.

But, at least this.
    Keaton had quite a lot of screen time in The Flash and was by far my favorite thing about that movie. He felt right at home. It was a Batcave you never wanted to leave from. His scenes gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Thought it looked a bit dark...

Beetlejuice is something I'd expect to be kinda whimsical.
    There's a lot of truly dark shit in the first movie. A lot of the undead are gruesome, there's a morbid gallow's humor to everything... and then there's the bit about how suicides wind up as civil servants in the afterlife. It's subversively dark and twisted.

Everything said, I'm not optimistic about the sequel, even if I was pleasantly surprised by the Wednesday show. Beetlejuice ranks in my top 5 comedies, and it's a movie I've got a lot of nostalgia for. I don't think it needs a sequel.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just want them to say something about a beach or Hawaii.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , I think we have cause to be cautiously..., no, dare i say, FAIRLY optimistic, about the sequel.

It's Tim Burton, directing MICHAEL KEATON, and WINONA RYDER, ffs. What more could you ask for?
    A Danny Elfman score, perhaps?
    Yeah. They got that, too.
    There are also other returning actors, (Catherine O'Hara, for instance), about whom i'm sure we'll hear more as the year progresses.

And I mean, I haven't SEEN this Wednesday business, but people LIKE it, and, ostensibly, the writing team behind it (they also did some other more shit? I guess? Idk.I wouldn't. I spend my extant time wondering why I'm not dead yet, pondering on when they're taking me to jail, and watching True Crime on youtube).

Does it NEED a sequel? Idk. Probably not.
    But this isn't some broke dick reboot.
    No!
    Did Karate Kid need Cobra Kai? Surely not!
    But, why can't we have a bit of fun, you know, like those of us on the genx/millennial cusp?

I'm 100% down for this one.

And if there isn't at least ONE beach scene, @allegate r, I'll eat my copy of The Handbook for the Recently Deceased.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-20-2023 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I agree, Jinsai elevenism, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Tim Burton's directing.
    For me, Tim Burtons movies all started to go down hill with Mars Attacks! and I really haven't like any of his movies past that.
    I hope TB is somehow able to bring that magic back from his early directing career into BJ2.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 10-20-2023 at 06:00 PM. Reason: referenced wrong user

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Big Fish​ has entered the chat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hilariously...the official title of the sequel is 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' lol. And here's the first official teaser poster.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hilariously...the official title of the sequel is 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' lol. And here's the first official teaser poster.

What a great title