Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Got back from watching aquaman thanks to amazon prime.

This movie was loads of fun. Great action. Second act kinda drags a bit. But the fantastic first and third act make up for it

This was the best since Wonder Woman.

I hate to do the comparison, but this really did feel like a phase one marvel movie. I think if DC continues this flow with Shazam and keep the dark stuff in the Batman universe, I feel they may have steered their ship in a right direction.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Hearing mixed reviews on Aquaman, but generally people are enjoying it for what it is and that's cool, glad it isn't a train wreck! I'll probably skip it (Jason Momomomomomoahhhhhh's Aquaman was the bit i hated most in Justice League personally, so the thought of 2 hours of him doesn't tick my boxes) but i'm glad people are enjoying it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Did Aquaman leak?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Did Aquaman leak?
    No, I got to see it early thanks to amazon prime.

Ironic, using amazon to watch a movie about Atlantis.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    No, I heard that it leaked in addition to the Prime deal.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    oh, its a possibility since it did debut in china first.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So people thought Venom was bad?!

Aquaman was an absolute citchy pile of garbage in my books. It pretty much is a re-hash of that lost chinese Avatar-underwater film that never got finalised or released. Pretty much everything is way over the top, while the acting is on par with every other mediocre superhero-flick this year. Black Manta was cool, but a little bit too whiny in my books while the whole movie doesn't even have a reason to exist without Momoa, jesus christ... and how they got Kidman and Dafoe to sign onto this is unbelievable, but money comes along way I guess.

The movie is entertaining to watch I guess with all the things that are going on, but the overall cheesiness and unrealness due to too much CGI makes these movies more and more hard to watch for me...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I feel like we saw a completely different film.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    To each his own I guess, fortunately we can agree on other things on this forum.

I was pleasently surprised with Momoa though as he didn't scream and shout all the way through the movie as I had feared since Justice League, but gave a proper portrayal to an often discussed character, but no, that movie was just not for me, sorry.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's cool, that's what makes movies great, we call all agree that its all subjective to the viewer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw Aquaman on NYE, not he biggest DC fan - the last few movies have fallen on their ass for me and I wasn't expecting much from this, however I walked out of that screen having seen my second favourite film of 2018 behind Infinity War.

I thought they were gonna keep doing that thing they did at the beginning when it has a closeup on Momoa with the guitar music playing, but luckily they only did it a couple of times. The film was epic and big in scope, I'll be up for a sequel if they decide to go ahead with one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I think it’s a good thing. We had so many Batman movies or movies with Batman in it, what we need is another Superman movie that doesn’t crash and burn at the third act.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think it’s a good thing. We had so many Batman movies or movies with Batman in it, what we need is another Superman movie that doesn’t crash and burn at the third act.

(But ya know, only if they're actually good)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Aquaman is 80 million away from 1 billion dollars.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Aquaman is 80 million away from 1 billion dollars.
    That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why are so many people going to see it??

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why are so many people going to see it??
    Because people are actually enjoying it?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    China baby. Their middle class with disposable income is expanding rapidly. And they have a major appetite for American style, generally more low brow, "blow em up" action movies where the nuances of the language don't matter much. Hence Transformers, The Meg, Pacific Rim, Aquaman, and even that abortion Rampage I believe doing well over there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    To each their own, but I didn't think it looked that great and everyone I know that's seen it has said that it was mediocre or "just ok." I'll see it at some point and who knows, maybe I'll like it more than I think I will, but I'm just astonished that it's the #1 movie in the world and dumbfounded by the fact that it's approaching $1 billion. I highly doubt its quality merits that kind of success, but the shitty TransFormers sequels raked in over $1 billion a piece too, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Absolutely. I saw it with my 2 teenage nephews and we loved it. So did my sister, my b-i-l and their two kids. It was one of the very rare times where we all agreed on the awesomeness of a movie.

I am so glad people are seeing it and enjoying it. Maybe DC needs to realize that fans do want to watch something else besides Batman or Superman?

Now where is my Flash movie?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Have you seen it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Have you seen it?
    As I said above, no, I have not. I can’t say I’m too interested and the word of mouth I’ve heard from friends has not been very positive. But if you liked it, more power to ya! And like I said earlier, I’ll check it out eventually when I can just rent it. I love most comic book movies, but this one just doesn’t look like one I’ll enjoy that much, so I have no desire to see in the theater.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    As I said above, no, I have not. I can’t say I’m too interested and the word of mouth I’ve heard from friends has not been very positive. But if you liked it, more power to ya! And like I said earlier, I’ll check it out eventually when I can just rent it. I love most comic book movies, but this one just doesn’t look like one I’ll enjoy that much, so I have no desire to see in the theater.
    Fair enough, I've been like that with a lot of recent DC films however this one really did the trick. Maybe eventually you'll see it and be pleasantly surprised, or maybe still not be interested.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Salt-shakers ready, we have potential New Gods plot details

I will shit my pants with excitement if this really is the story of Mister Miracle and Barda because I really love those two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aquaman - I thought it was decent enough, like DC's answer to Ragnarock.

On a side note Charlie Clouser did a remix of Depeche Mode's 'It's No Good' that featured midway through, does anyone know if it is getting a release?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Affleck just tweeted out that he’s ‘looking forward’ to the new Batman movie. He’s out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yup it’s official. With this and the passing of Dick Miller, today sucks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yup it’s official. With this and the passing of Dick Miller, today sucks.
    Whoa what. Dick Miller?! Fuck my life.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    No real surprise Affleck is out, question now is...who will be the NEW Batman?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I want someone in their late 20s/early 30s who has a small Wikipedia or iMDB page. You don't need a megastar to play Batman; Batman is the megastar. Find someone new and lock them up long-term if you plan on sticking with the idea of doing a big, shared thing.